Vacation an ****ehouse remakes/reboots

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
New Line Cinema is looking to reboot its "Vacation" franchise and has hired Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley to write the new version, reports Variety.

The franchise started in 1983 with National Lampoon's Vacation, which starred Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo. The duo would reprise their roles for three more sequels. Chase and D'Angelo played Clark and Ellen Griswold again in HomeAway's 14-minute short "Hotel Hell Vacation" that was promoted during the Super Bowl. You can watch the video here.

Variety says that the new film is being described as more of an update than a sequel and will be closer in tone to Planes, Trains and Automobiles than the previous chapters.

The movie will focus on Rusty Griswold, now a grown man, who decides to take his own wife and kids on a road trip to Wally World before it closes forever. Chase is expected to reprise his role as Clark Griswold, now a grandfather.

Wedding Crashers helmer David Dobkin is producing the film.

Universal Pictures has hired Legally Blonde screenwriters Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith to pen a remake of the 1982 comedy The Best Little ****ehouse in Texas.

Variety says the studio is planning a complete overhaul of the original, which starred Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton as a town sheriff and madame who team up to stop a crusading TV personality from shutting down the local ****ehouse, the famed Chicken Ranch.

The new version will still include musical numbers, though it is unknown if they will be the same songs.

Temple Hill's ("The Twilight Saga") Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey will produce. Roy Houlette will executive produce.

These things seem to be getting a little out of control now.

It seems their throwing darts at random movies and seeing what sticks and then says let's remake or reboot this.

Come on Hollywood, you're better then that!

I kind of like the idea of the Vacation series continuing on with Rusty. I mean Vegas Vacation kind of hinted at him taking the lead as he was more of the main character in it. Though I hope the rest of the Griswolds make an apperance.

Well, if the Super Bowl commercial was any indication, Beverly D'Angelo will also be back.

It sounds like this sequel might work; I guess it hinges on who plays Rusty (and how funny the script is, of course).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clark and Ellen at least. Maybe they can dig out Randy Quaid from wherever it is he's disappeared off to to play Cousin Eddie.

you have to have cousin Eddie or it isn't a vacation :-D

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clark and Ellen at least. Maybe they can dig out Randy Quaid from wherever it is he's disappeared off to to play Cousin Eddie.

That would be prison.

This seems like a sequel to me. I would think that Rusty would be played once again by Anthony Michael Hall, who re-united with Chevy Chase in the NBC show "Community."

Segal Wanted For "Vacation" Reboot

By Garth Franklin Thursday July 21st 2011 12:58PM
"The Longest Yard" and "Get Smart" director Pete Segal is being sought to helm the upcoming reboot of classic comedy National Lampoon’s "Vacation” says 24 Frames.
"Horrible Bosses" scribes John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have finished a second draft of the script. New Line is reportedly eager to get moving on the property and is presently reaching out to potential directors.
The new version centers on the grown-up character of Rusty Griswold, the son character from the series played by the likes of Anthony Michael Hall, Jason Lively, Johnny Galecki and Ethan Embry across the four theatrical 'Vacation' movies.
The aim is for original stars Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo to cameo end of the film when Rusty runs into his parents.

Ghostbusters, I can understand.
Footloose, sure, I can accept that.
Lethal Weapon, I'm a little offended, but I can boycott it.

BUT FREAKING ****EHOUSE IN TEXAS??
What the hell is wrong with these CEOs? We're scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I swear to Christ. In 15 years, there will be a remake of Citizen Kane, or The Shawshank Redemption. :doh:

So would Rusty go to Wally World, realize it's closed and go insane like Clark did at the end of the first film? I'd like to see the two kids from the first movie in this one.

And how I rank the Vacation Movies:

- Vacation
- Christmas Vacation
- European Vacation
- Vegas Vacation

Also, bring back Lindsey Buckingham to do a modern day version of Holiday Road.

This seems like a sequel to me. I would think that Rusty would be played once again by Anthony Michael Hall, who re-united with Chevy Chase in the NBC show "Community."

"Life is a gym!!"

The fact that Pete Segal may want to direct means that it further delays Get Smart 2, which I don't think will ever be made.

I got overly excited at first and thought it was gonna be about Jason Segel being wanted for Russ.

So would Rusty go to Wally World, realize it's closed and go insane like Clark did at the end of the first film? I'd like to see the two kids from the first movie in this one.

And how I rank the Vacation Movies:

- Vacation
- Christmas Vacation
- European Vacation
- Vegas Vacation

Also, bring back Lindsey Buckingham to do a modern day version of Holiday Road.

Yeah, bring back Anthony Michael Hall as Rusty Griswald.

Sweet to hear ed is going to be rusty in the new vacation film. I do hope chevy will do at least a cameo. But lol to all websites calling it a reboot. Its technically just a sequel/continuation of the other films.

A Chevy cameo has to happen.

Yeah, bring back Anthony Michael Hall as Rusty Griswald.

With him as the lead, he'll be a huge box office draw. You know why so many people saw The Dark Knight? Because Anthony Michael Hall was in it.

You need to keep the tradition of having a new actor playing Rusty (and Audrey, if she factors in) for each movie.

I could see maybe a audrey cameo if not at least a mention. Or maybe a photo of one of the many past actors who played her displayed somewhere in film.

This new movie needs to have this:

[YT]1hPZFUz0YOY[/YT]

As well as a trailer similar to this:

[YT]Kn6uqwSjDjY[/YT]

We don't have to just talk about the new movie in this thread. We could also use the thread to talk about the four Chevy Chase movies including the classic original and the Christmas Vacation, where Clark ends up losing his mind.

Christmas Vacation is the third movie and yet it's so much better than European Vacation. I really didn't like the actors playing Rusty or Audrey in European Vacation, although I did enjoy the Eric Idle cameo. Also, the Rusty and Audrey that were in Christmas Vacation were played by Johnny Galecki of the Big Bang Theory and Juliette Lewis.

I think a Chevy cameo as Clark Griswold needs to happen. That character is such an iconic character. He needs to go nuts again like he did in the original film and in Christmas Vacation if he was to be in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"