Variety says Marvel Studios are better off being in charge of all Marvel TV and streaming projects

Well...they’re not wrong. I don’t think Jeph Loeb is the new Feige

That's a much better headline. People have been talking about this like it's an inside scoop when it's really an opinion piece reporting on the opinions of industry insiders.

I'm personally OK with them both having shows with the television side going for more obscure characters. There seems to be more network control with Marvel Entertainment and much, much lower budgets, but I've really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger and Runaways as well as most of the Netflix shows. I was looking forward to Ghost Rider, but I'm still looking forward to Hellstrom.

The Netflix shows very well could show-up on FX. Overall, I think it's a good thing not to have the whole lets make 4 shows and then combine them formula anymore.

That's a much better headline. People have been talking about this like it's an inside scoop when it's really an opinion piece reporting on the opinions of industry insiders.

I'm personally OK with them both having shows with the television side going for more obscure characters. There seems to be more network control with Marvel Entertainment and much, much lower budgets, but I've really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger and Runaways as well as most of the Netflix shows. I was looking forward to Ghost Rider, but I'm still looking forward to Hellstrom.

Exactly what I was trying to say to everyone on that thread in the Marvel Forums but no else except you seemed to acknowledge this. Glad there's an appropriate title to the thread I agree.

Marvel Tv should focus on animation. Live action adaptations should go to Marvel Studios.

yeah. But to be honest superhero animation can do with an evolution. Animation looks so great on shera or Steven universe and then they do superheroes and they’re as basic as they were in the 90s

Marvel Tv should focus on animation. Live action adaptations should go to Marvel Studios.
Frankly, Marvel television's live action shows have generally been of better quality than their animated shows.

yeah. But to be honest superhero animation can do with an evolution. Animation looks so great on shera or Steven universe and then they do superheroes and they’re as basic as they were in the 90s
I would like to see a 3d animated show.

Abc rarely even get a hit show these days... let alone a hit Marvel show. If Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter and Cloak & Dagger didn't set the world on fire, nothing would. Unless they start using the mcu movie lead actors to star and guest star frequently in the show, and also not resort to the usual tv production values, then great, maybe it would catch the public's attention for the entire season/run.

The main advantage of D+, despite not being a tried and tested platform is at least we won't see how low the viewership is. Keep them all in D+.

Abc rarely even get a hit show these days... let alone a hit Marvel show. If Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter and Cloak & Dagger didn't set the world on fire, nothing would. Unless they start using the mcu movie lead actors to star and guest star frequently in the show, and also not resort to the usual tv production values, then great, maybe it would catch the public's attention for the entire season/run.

The main advantage of D+, despite not being a tried and tested platform is at least we won't see how low the viewership is. Keep them all in D+.
I wonder if getting previous generations bigger movie stars in a supporting role for an ABC story arc like was done for the Netflix series might have helped.

Being in a streaming miniseries seems to be seen as being a class above a network show for actors in the Hollywood hierarchy..

It is kinda similar how prestigious cable networks like Hbo managed to get big names to star in their series. A brand new Marvel show in Abc and Freeform is definitely not the way moving forward.

And like I said, the view count/ratings won't be released so they are saving themselves from getting lukewarm/embarrassing numbers that the public would easily see in the internet. And they really should should just put the shows under 1 umbrella, because if they are gonna have 3 D+ shows, and shows airing in broadcast/cable networks/hulu around the same time, people would just be selective and not bother seeing them all. Isn't that what happened in the past? So I hope that video isn't true that Disney is still eyeing live action shows to produce that aren't gonna head straight to D+. Helstrom for example, has barely any buzz so as the upcoming Runaways crossover.

Last edited:
I don't understand the premise of "Disney wants" it is more likely that the subsidiary parts of Disney each still have hopes that a MCU link will push their potential Marvel product over the top.

There may be some with the fear that if everything is behind a pay wall then fresh eyeballs don't join in as the present generation ages out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"