• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Venom Returns in a Big Spidey Kicks Butt Update!

The MadGoblin

Civilian
Reaction score
From Venom's first post ASM #300 story to the Lethal Protector. What more can I say?:sym:

Dark Side of the Spider Part 2

Spidey Kicks Butt!

Oh - and go buy Webslinger! It includes essays from 16 real writers, including Darren Hudson Hick, Lawrence Watt-Evans, Robert B. Taylor, Lou Anders, Richard Hanley, Matthew Pustz, Michael A. Burstein, Joseph McCabe, Robert Greenberger, Brett Chandler Patterson, Adam-Troy Castro, Paul Lytle, David Hopkins, Robert Burke Richardson, and Michael Marano...

...and also one from me.

It's also edited by ex-Spider-writer Gerry Conway.

And yes, this is a shameless plug.

Wow not read MG's new article yet but I am totally buying that book tmr!
I have always longed after a publication of such that deliberates over and dissects Spidey’s tangled web. Awesome!

somehow i knew that itd take pages to dissect where venom went wrong and prove that he was and could have been (and still could be) a great supervillan. thanks for the write up man. gave us old school venom fans a voice. we are sometimes too lazy to defend him from the likes of posters like 'dangerous'

Heh, well we already know where he went wrong.
That particular subject has been deconstructed and regurgitated aplenty
For the record I think old school Venom rules.

As for him being a great supervillain in the future?
MG’s article proves no such thing.
It can't work. Not if he is going to be Venom as he was defined.

As Michelinie states in MG's article- the character he created does not exist anymore.
Venom is a victim of the constraints is his popularity, that is what derailed him.
He could have been an interesting character post ASM#347 if Michelinie was able to write Venom as he intended and allowed to ditch Brock.

as easily as he was destroyed, he can be rebuilt. evidence of this is his latest hunger arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"