• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Venom Venom Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Fallen

I'm done running from my past.
Reaction score
VENOM

xNOt2hl.jpg

Venom

What RT score do you think Venom will get?​

Put me in for 35%

A little googling indicated the embargo doesn't lift until 10/2 at 730 pm PT. Not a good indication of faith in the product.

I'll say 25%. The late embargo is a bad sign.

Between 20 and 25%.

I’m going with 39%. One percent for every million dollars it will actually make OW.

Embargo lifting late is a bad sign... We could be in for a 25%... I’d love to be proven wrong!

Gonna have to agree with everyone else, I'm thinking this'll end up in the general vicinity of 25%. I don't think it'll get any higher than 45% at best.

Early tweet reactions tend to be positive for many movies since those who don’t like a movie they won’t even bother unless they feel really compelled to. If the early reactions are mixed that could spell trouble in the tomato land. I could see this land in the rotten side. This one is probably for one of my long haul flights from February next year rather than in theater.

Last edited:
This is gonna get better reviews than DCEU's fails because it sounds like it actually has decently made action scenes + Hardy's performance is very entertaining

My money's on +/-45%. Some of the tweets from critics are brutal, others lukewarm, but none are absolute raves. It's hard to see it crawling into Fresh territory.

Now we know why the embargo was lifted this late. There was indeed reason to be worried with the final product.

I voted 60 to 79% before the first impressions came out. Now I don’t see this doing more than 50%.

I'll be generous and say 40%...but I wouldn't be surprised if its lower.

Blimey, I think I was being generous at 39%.

Let’s go with 24% instead....

It's a shame how easy this stuff is to predict these days. Most of us called that this was going to be awful well before we even saw a first trailer, and here we are.

Some of those early twitter reactions are pretty bad. I saw a couple of comparisons to FANT4STIC and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

Sounds like the movie is a mess and doesn't have a lot going for it outside of Tom Hardy's performance as Eddie Brock/Venom, but even that has a few knocks at it. His comments about 30-40 minutes of the film being cut is also very concerning and brings flashbacks of Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 1&2.

Some of those early twitter reactions are pretty bad. I saw a couple of comparisons to FANT4STIC and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.
Theatrical cut is crap, Director's cut is fun to sit through, albeit being bad.

It's a shame how easy this stuff is to predict these days. Most of us called that this was going to be awful well before we even saw a first trailer, and here we are.

This will continue to be the case as long as studios continue to chase the cinematic shared universe model purely for fast profit, rather than making the best stand alone movies they can - and allowing the audience to decide whether they want to see more or not.

I'm going to aim on the high side and say it comes in at 48%. I'm probably being too generous, but I'm hopeful.

My initial prediction was low 60%, but after the initial mixed reaction (ranging from ok to bad) i would say now between 45 and 50%

I know the social embargo is lifted but when does the review embargo drop, tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"