• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom Venom Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I didn’t say they should use him his first spidey solo tho??? And like I said it seemed like Disney did t want to use venom or any characters used so Sony said they would.

Even if Marvel Studios wanted to use him, I bet that would have been vetoed. This movie was happening.

Honestly I just see this being big cause venom is popular and venom always has been popular and when Spider-Man 3 came out the biggest draw to the movie was seeing venom.

I don’t think Sony’s others movies will do as well as venom did. Venom is just a very popular character and Disney was stupid to just use him or Sony didn’t let them. I think Avi Arad is the only guy who knows that venom sells cause he always pushes for him to show up. Hopefully we see venom fight spidey some day tho as I only like venom when he’s a villain

While I partly agree with you, I think Morbius will open to a smaller OW than Venom (perhaps $20-50 million). However, if the movie is a quality film, Morbius may do even better than Venom and WOM may spread. This is all conjecture, but since Spider-Man Homecoming, Sony's Marvel division has been hitting the mark with each new casting decision and announcement.

I never really cared about Venom outside of the Spider-Man titles. Once Venom drifts off I sort of lose interest.
Hopefully we see venom fight spidey some day tho as I only like venom when he’s a villain

And this is probably the main reason behind the divide of opinion on this board among fans: this movie was inevitably a lot more palatable to fans of the Venom solo series (especially '90s era).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"