• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 villains fights?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So we have had a lot of great fights 17 I think and 9 villains after 5 movies. How would ever one rate all of them form best to worse?

So we have had a lot of good fights after 5 movies and 9 different villains and I think 17 villains fights are would you rate them form best to worse? For me like this.

1. Doc train fight (sm2) best fight in a CBM and CGI still looks great even after 10 years.
2. Power plant fight (asm2) great looking and love the god named sparks lol.
3. last goblin fight (sm1) brutal fight and love the glider part at the end.
4. Goblin fight (asm2) just so intense with spider man trying to save gwen and having his foot trying to stop the clock form cutting his web.
5. Doc bank to side of building fight (sm1) love the part when he using his web to pull the table into doc.
6. lizard school fight (asm) love the way he movies and the web cacon.
7. Lizard last fight (asm) love the way he movies on the side of the building and the way he craws.
8. Goblin peter first fight (sm3) the only real in air fight
9. sewer fight (asm) love it even though very short because it was the first under water fight.
10. sandman subway fight (sm3)
11. Electro time square fight (asm2)
12. last doc fight at the piear (sm2)
13. first sandman fight (sm3)
14. last fight (sm3)
15. burring building fight with goblin (sm1)
16. first goblin fight (sm1)
17. mansion fight with gobin (sm3)

I honestly thought the mansion fight was the best fight scene in Spider-Man 3

Cool idea for a thread. We have been pretty fortunate to see Spidey on the big screen in such huge fights, so many times. "SuperHero Fatigue" my tuschkas, it will never get old for me.

I'll do my list countdown style, from my least favorite to my top 5. A lot of these fight scenes have great moments in them, and bookending them, that add much more to (and sometimes detract from) the drama during the battle, but I'm going to rate them solely on the action contained within.

Also, I've only seen ASM2 once so far, so I reserve the right to adjust my rankings after getting a second look at the film.

17. SM2 - Finale at the Warehouse
16. SM3 - First fight against the Sandman
15. ASM1 - Sewer fight with the Lizard
14. SM1 - First fight with the Green Goblin
13. ASM2 - Clock Tower with Harry
12. SM3 - Sandman fight with the Black Suit
11. ASM2 - Versus Electro at the power plant
10. ASM1 - Oscorp Tower
09. SM3 - Peter vs. Harry at his apartment
08. ASM2 - Times Square
07. SM1 - Burning building fight
06. SM2 - Bank robbery/building climb fight

The Top Five
5. SM3 - The Battle Royal - first time we see Spider-Man fighting multiple foes at once, and we get a team up with Harry. There's a lot of great moments in the fight.
4. SM1 - Finale with the Green Goblin - the most brutal beat down Spider-Man has received, and given, on film so far.
3. SM3 - First New Goblin fight - The first action sequence of the movie is the best, and I just realized this film has 2 of my top 5 spots. The movie might have dropped the ball in a few places but it raised the bar as far as action is concerned! A great, great fight between the now experienced Peter Parker and a hot-headed Harry Osborn. From the rooftops to the side of a building, down into an alleyway, it's a thrill from start to finish.
2. ASM1 - Versus the Lizard at Midtown High - This should be the definitive Spider-Man fight scene, awesome all the way through, the choreography is on another level from anything else we've seen, even the Amazing sequel.
1. SM2 - The Train Sequence against Dr. Octopus - The top 2 are the closest we've come in my opinion to seeing a real life Spider-Man fight. While the School fight is closer to what I always envisioned in my mind while reading the books, this fight is just so spectacular it has yet to be topped. Starting from the punches thrown on top of the tower, and their descent onto the moving train, it does not let up at all. Truly great, Spider-Man is determined, heroic, swift and strong; really, every single comic book movie has things to learn from this fight scene. It is still the very best.

I'll just give my top 5.

1- Spider-Man: Final Goblin fight.
2- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Power Plant Fight
3- The Amazing Spider-Man: Lizard at School
4- Spider-Man 2: Train Fight
5: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Clock Tower

Without doubt, the train fight in Spidey 2.

You've got two characters with extremely different fighting abilities, a director who is perfect at using them in incredibly imaginative ways, and plenty of time for him to exploit every awesome possibility.

The train fight goes beyond Spider-Man or superhero movies, it's one of the great action scenes of the 2000s.

I'm also a big fan of the battle royale climax of Spider-Man 3.

Marc Webb's fight scenes are adequate, nothing more. Webb isn't an action director, Raimi is.

Last edited:
I'll try a top 5:

5. ASM2 - Peter vs. Harry in the Clock Tower (if only it was longer :/)
4. SM1 - Final battle vs. Green Goblin.
3. SM2 - Bank and building scene vs. Doc Ock (Loved the "here's your change" moment and Spider-Man preparing to spring himself across the buildings)
2. SM2 - The train battle vs. Doc Ock (Simply exciting, that bit where he glides through the bridge structure never fails to excite me. Loved Spidey hurling the clock hand at Ock beforehand too.)
1. ASM1 - Midtown High vs. the Lizard (This is exactly how I imagine a Spider-Man fight in real life, it was like watching the pages of the early Ultimate comics come to life. The accompanying score was beautiful. I loved Spider-Man's cocoon when the Lizard approached Gwen; also the chasing on the ceiling, the Lizard's chemical bomb, Spidey on the Lizard's back whilst webbing him, his web rush into his chest before Gwen arrives. I love this scene and this movie. :woot:)

1. Spidey vs. Doc Ock (Clock tower/Train) in SM2
2. Spidey vs. Doc Ock (Bank/Building Wall) in SM2
3. Spidey vs. Green Goblin (Warehouse) in SM1
4. Peter Parker vs. Harry Osborn (Air) in SM3
5. Spidey/Green Goblin II vs. Venom and Sandman Battle Royale in SM3
6. Spidey vs. Sandman Round 1 in SM3
7. Spidey vs. The Lizard (School) TASM1
8. Spidey vs. Sandman Round 2 in SM3
9. Spidey vs. The Lizard Finale in TASM1
10. Peter vs. Harry Round 2 in SM3

Webb has surprisingly not been able to come up with stuff as impressive as the past.

I think I was a little let down with some of the action scenes in ASM2, but like I said I've only gotten to see the movie once so far. There wasn't anything that blew me away like the School Fight. Seemed like he pulled in the reins a bit, while I was expecting him to blow the doors down.

Might just need a better look at them, since I have all the other scenes practically memorized.

But almost everyone has at least 1 of his fights in the top of the list. I had to think long and hard about which of those two fights would be #2 and #1. He does do things that impress me, but it seemed the actual fights this time weren't as visceral as in ASM1.

Last edited:
1.Doc Ock vs Spidey (Train)
2. Spidey vs Green Goblin (Bridge)
3.Spidey vs Lizard(highschool)/Spidey vs Lizard (sewers)
4.TASM2 Finale
5. Bank Scene Spiderman 2

6. Spidey vs. Sandman Round 1 in SM3

Webb has surprisingly not been able to come up with stuff as impressive as the past.

This is pretty much my top 10 so far, though I would swap numbers 10 and 8 and change another one. Raimi's action scenes were so much better than Webb's have been:

6. Spidey vs. Green Goblin Times Square in SM1

while I kind of agree has you can see 5 of my top 10 are from rami and 5 are form web even though web has done 2 movies compared to rami's.
I would probly say that web's fights are a 8/10 and rami's 9/10 or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"