• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Wait, WHAT THE HELL IS DANIEL WAY DOING?!?!

Fury is kind of/sort of addicted to the Infinity Formula, which is basically a lazerous pit in a bottle. Heals most wounds, cures most illnesses, and gives one quasi-superhuman vitality. The preformance enhancing effects last for roughly a year, followed by a crash so bad that it's potentially fatal. Fury gets an injection of the stuff once a year, naturally. It's possible that Dugan takes the stuff to, but I prefer the idea that he keeps going fules by sheer badassery.

i like that theory better. :yay:

So... basically, he's 100% in the right?

I love *******s that act like they're totally innocent.

Eh, don't really care. Darth wanted to know why people thought he was a ass, so I posted that stuff.

I have only read the issue where wolvie beats cap, and it wasn't that bad. I thought it was the first time in forever someone remembered wolverine knows how to fight. the art isn't good for the book though.

It seems to me like whiners here hate it because:

(a) they think daniel way is an ass
(b) just your regular old online wolverine haters
(c) it outsells their favourite obscure little title
or
(d) all of the above

I haven't really seen any good, compelling arguments discussing why the quality of the book sucks according to some people, just a bunch of whiney crap.

I have only read the issue where wolvie beats cap, and it wasn't that bad. I thought it was the first time in forever someone remembered wolverine knows how to fight. the art isn't good for the book though.

That fight was crap anyway. But of course, Wolverine won so its all awesome for you.

Whining about whining makes you worse than the whiners you whine about.

The way people talk about those two, you think they already do. :whatever:

The point is, people have breaking points. As much crap as Bendis takes, I've always seen him show the utmost respect towards fans. But I think the reason is, despite what many people seem to think, it's because he's just ecstatic to be doing what he does.

Way might not be the same. While he doesn't get slammed nearly as much as Austen did, he does take a lot of ****, and he's a very sarcastic person. People on forums need to realize that comic creators ARE people. They might be great guys, but they might also be short-tempered people that are defensive of their work.

The original reason I signed up for the Hype was because I couldn't believe the amount of personal attacks I saw on Austen around here. People need to stay calm, and think about how they'd feel if they were in that writer's shoes.

Speaking of Austen....Holy **** that man hasn't done anything in 2 years.....WE WON!

The powers that be really are trying to make us forget him. He's never ever ever ever spoken of.

I've heard...That's where he belongs. **** with ****. Log as I don't have to see him messing up my books anymore.

That fight was crap anyway. But of course, Wolverine won so its all awesome for you.

Whining about whining makes you worse than the whiners you whine about.

It wasn't a bad fight. And you just hate it because wolverine won. admit it. I liked it because it showed wolverine using knowledge to win. I havent seen one post of you explaining why you think its crap.

and no, whining about whiners doesn't make you worse. thats propogated by whiners to make their own whining look less significant. You don't fool me.

also chuck austen's work on exiles rocked, if nothing else he did has.

Actually, in a interview Stan said he was on vacation and when he got back he found out they killed Gwen. He wasn't asked about it because killing Capt. and Gwen so close together was a bit much.:hyper:

Wll that must have been a long ased Vacation

Is Origins even in continuity?

Let's not forget that in the CW Cap issues,Hill said something about a squad led by Dugan to hunt down Fury.Sharon met up with him too.

and no, whining about whiners doesn't make you worse. thats propogated by whiners to make their own whining look less significant. You don't fool me.

God, stop ****ing whining so much.

I'm actually curious now Darth... so why exactly do you not like Origins? Granted, I'm not that big a fan of it myself, but I think it's mostly due to the art moreso than the writing.

I'm actually curious now Darth... so why exactly do you not like Origins? Granted, I'm not that big a fan of it myself, but I think it's mostly due to the art moreso than the writing.

From the 2-3 issues I've read (read not bought) the art is not bad, but it doesn't fit with the book. The pacing on the book is horrible. I realize its an ongoing, but it takes like 6 issues just to show Wolverine putting on a boot. (Hyperbole). Nothing really happens in the book.

From the 2-3 issues I've read (read not bought) the art is not bad, but it doesn't fit with the book. The pacing on the book is horrible. I realize its an ongoing, but it takes like 6 issues just to show Wolverine putting on a boot. (Hyperbole). Nothing really happens in the book.

So you're one of those people who fall in the trap of complaining about a book without having read it all? Bad Darthphere.

But honestly, the pacing does need work. That's probably the worse part of it writing-wise. The rest honestly isn't half bad. He has an interesting story going, but the pacing is so that I lose interest between issues. It has had some great cast members and guest stars (Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma, Hellion, Captain America, Omega Red, Maverick, Jubilee, Dum Dum Dugan, etc.) and as has been said, it shows Wolverine has something more than just a savage killer instinct. Personally, I loved his reaction to Jubliee's near death in issue 10. He was very human about it. It's not bad, not great, but not bad.

So you're one of those people who fall in the trap of complaining about a book without having read it all? Bad Darthphere.

How many issues do i need to read to officially call it crap?:huh: :whatever:

But honestly, the pacing does need work. That's probably the worse part of it writing-wise. The rest honestly isn't half bad. He has an interesting story going, but the pacing is so that I lose interest between issues. It has had some great cast members and guest stars (Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma, Hellion, Captain America, Omega Red, Maverick, Jubilee, Dum Dum Dugan, etc.) and as has been said, it shows Wolverine has something more than just a savage killer. It's not bad, not great, but not bad.

Those are guest stars, not cast members. And thats your opinion and thats fine. But no offense, actually I dont care if you take offense, you have a notorious weird taste for liking universally panned comics. The Clone Sage, Chuck Austen's run on X-Men, etc.

Anyone wanna answer me?

Dugan was alive and well in Captain America #23 chatting it up with Sharon.If I'm not mistaken,he's supposed to be part of the crew hunting down Fury.

How many issues do i need to read to officially call it crap?:huh: :whatever:

Typically at least an arc :up:

Those are guest stars, not cast members. And thats your opinion and thats fine. But no offense, actually I dont care if you take offense, you have a notorious weird taste for liking universally panned comics. The Clone Sage, Chuck Austen's run on X-Men, etc.

Though it's true that I loved the Clone Saga, why do you keep saying I liked Austen's run? I like it alright, but it's not like I'd defend it against other people. I defend the Draco because half the crap people complain about it isn't even accurate. If you're going to complain, make sure you know what you're complaining about, but that's about it. The rest was mediocre.

I can say one thing about me though, people know what I like. I can't even think what titles you like as you're more prone to complain about things than praise them.

(just to clarify, you know me... I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Just chattin' :))

Speaking of Austen....Holy **** that man hasn't done anything in 2 years.....WE WON!

The powers that be really are trying to make us forget him. He's never ever ever ever spoken of.

Yeah. It's great that we got over a year of horrible Milligan stories instead. :whatever:

I like Milligan.....I admit to not reading his follow-up on Austen's stuff so I won't specifically comment on them, but where they really any worse than "The Draco"? That's pretty hard to beat.

Also, my point for not liking Wolverine :Origins is that's it's totally vestigal. it's there, but it's horribly not needed. It's there to grab a few extra dollars.....Whatever, it's working. But it's sure not dignified.

Edit: LOL, look what happened wit the word " : Origins" I forgot to put an extra space. Personally, I think the title is a lot better like that. I vote we write the title like that all the time.

Yeah. It's great that we got over a year of horrible Milligan stories instead. :whatever:

Yeah, I'm typically one to call crap gold, but Milligan's run was bad. He had a few decent ideas, but overall it left a bad taste in my mouth. Gogotha was horrid, I actually liked Bizarre Love Triangle, hated the Black Panther crossover, and though the Blood of Apocalypse had potential, it fell flat. It wasn't bad, but it fell flat. Overall, his run was mediocre, and even Larocca's art seemed not quite as good as it had been in the past. That's probably my least favorate run of X-Men in several years.

Though I will say this... the character "Pulse" I felt had some good potential of being an interesting character, but the new team just disreguarded him (like I knew they would) and he'll probably never be seen again.

I like Milligan.....I admit to not reading his follow-up on Austen's stuff so I won't specifically comment on them, but where they really any worse than "The Draco"? That's pretty hard to beat.

Like a shovel to the head. I really enjoyed his X-Force (kinda went downhill with the title change), but his X-Men was some of the most awful crap I've ever read. His Apocalypse arc was ok, but he really butchered everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"