• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horror Warner Bros. moving ahead with 'I Am Legend 2'

Maybe they open the film with the alternate ending? Then do the time jump to however many years later it is.

Last edited:

Good choice. It’s a much superior ending and fits better thematically with the rest of the film, unlike…whatever they went with.

It’s not said in this tweet, but he also said in article that this is also going to draw a lot more heavily from the original novel.

I’m guessing they are taking cues from Last of Us

Yeah, I can’t think of another series where they used an alternate ending to jump off from for the sequel.

To be fair though, a lot of sequels just retcon deaths of characters anyway.

Blade Runner 2049 I do believe goes off the director's cut ending

I mean the zombie genre probably takes it cues from each other.

I don't get this at all. The movie didn't need a sequel.

CGI aside. The first is still really good. I'll watch this

The alternate ending is so good I'm not mad about this getting a sequel. Yes, no one was asking for a sequel but I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt before passing judgment. Not a fan of Goldsman at all, but I'll wait and see.

I still don't get or understand this at all. It wasn't even a good adaptation of the novel.

It is from the same studio that is releasing Beetlejuice 2 and possibly Constantine 2.

It is from the same studio that is releasing Beetlejuice 2 and possibly Constantine 2.
Beetlejuice 2 I can at least understand since the first movie has endured within pop culture in the 35 years since its release. I Am Legend was a success when it came out but it kind of faded into obscurity not long after that.

Beetlejuice 2 I can at least understand since the first movie has endured within pop culture in the 35 years since its release. I Am Legend was a success when it came out but it kind of faded into obscurity not long after that.
I wasn't born yet when Beetlejuice was released. Compare to other 80s pop culture films/franchises, I don't see it being mentioned that much compare to the likes of Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Top Gun and Indiana Jones. Also looking at the boX office numbers, it doesn't seem like a big hit compare to the other 80s classics.

So I was a bit surprised when I read that a sequel is happening after all these decades. A reboot without a "2" in the title would have been more understandable to me.

I'm sure they'll re-release the first one now with the alternate ending. (On streaming maybe) That original ending is something you can't just ignore, also most people probably don't even know there's an alternate ending.

I still don't get or understand this at all. It wasn't even a good adaptation of the novel.

It's mostly remembered because of the dog, best scenes in the movie. The first half is pretty good when it's just Will and the dog. Everything else doesn't really hold up, especially the terrible CGI vampires/infected.

I wasn't born yet when Beetlejuice was released. Compare to other 80s pop culture films/franchises, I don't see it being mentioned that much compare to the likes of Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Top Gun and Indiana Jones. Also looking at the boX office numbers, it doesn't seem like a big hit compare to the other 80s classics.

So I was a bit surprised when I read that a sequel is happening after all these decades. A reboot without a "2" in the title would have been more understandable to me.
It's not as popular as other '80s franchises but it's still relevant enough that they turned it into a musical a few years back.

Hope it gets made. Enjoyed the first movie a lot despite it not being like the book.

I personally don't see the need for this. I feel like a lot of big studios out there are now only pumping a sequel just now, when they had all those years, to release one. The Strangers, Twister, Beetlejuice, Gladiator, Now You See Me, Beverly Hills Cops, etc... and I'm just like, why are they are just coming out in the mid 2020s? Don't they have something else?

That being said, I'd watch this. This came out during my freshman year in college and that was the time that I really dwelved into blockbuster films, and finally going to cinemas by myself, buying DVDs. So I feel like this would take me back to those times, in a goodway.

It’s interesting to me that after sitting out for Independence Day 2 and The Suicide Squad, Smith is totally down for a sequel to I Am Legend, of all things.

It’s interesting to me that after sitting out for Independence Day 2 and The Suicide Squad, Smith is totally down for a sequel to I Am Legend, of all things.

Waited 17 years for a sequel to Bad Boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"