Warren Beatty secures rights to Dick Tracy

I know he's been rumored for every comic book property out there, but really, is there an iconic role he was more born to play? He's got the look, he's funny, he's got an edge to him, and he seems like a genuinely good human being most of the time. He's got Tracy written all over him.

Warren Beatty is pretty much gonna sit on the rights - like he has been doing for the past 20 years.

Loooooooooooove Dick Tracy! the only film I like madonna in, personally. And Al Pacino is hilarious in it!

I wonder if they will give the actor a prosthetic hooked nose, WB refused to wear one for the movie, lol.

I thought Dick Tracy was such an abnormally bad movie that I actually threw the DVD away.

How could you not like Dick Tracy?

It was Sin City before there was Sin City... and just a treat to watch. The colors, the goofy comic book moments, exaggerated make-up, Elfman score, it's all good!

I know he's been rumored for every comic book property out there, but really, is there an iconic role he was more born to play? He's got the look, he's funny, he's got an edge to him, and he seems like a genuinely good human being most of the time. He's got Tracy written all over him.

No. Not to him being Dick Tracy, but to the suggestion that Dick Tracy is the role he would be best for. To be honest, I think he could do well with any of the roles, but I could see him doing well in a number of roles.

The old movie is all right, but now I find I want it more for nostelgia value than anything else. There's far too many musical numbers, montages, ad I find a lot of the acting annying. Not enough actions sequences either, and what there is feels a bit un interesting. At the end the bad guys just all drive out in a line and get shot, while Dick stands out the the open without receiving a scratch. Tess also seems very unconcerned with the idea of getting her head crushed.

The old movie is all right, but now I find I want it more for nostelgia value than anything else. There's far too many musical numbers, montages, ad I find a lot of the acting annying. Not enough actions sequences either, and what there is feels a bit un interesting. At the end the bad guys just all drive out in a line and get shot, while Dick stands out the the open without receiving a scratch. Tess also seems very unconcerned with the idea of getting her head crushed.

It's not an action movie. It's pulpy.

Now that he's secured the rights to the film he can take offers from potential buyers.

I bet his price tag ain't cheap either.

Now that he's secured the rights to the film he can take offers from potential buyers.

I bet his price tag ain't cheap either.

Not only that but he might be using this chance to put out his Director's Cut of the original film (heard there is 30 extra minutes somewhere).

I really hope we finally get to see the Director's Cut of the first movie at the very least

Love some of the performances like Pacino, and Hoffman as Mumbles. I haven't seen this film in quite some time but I still think I would enjoy . I hope they do a directors cut and blu ray.
I'm not sure a reboot would work out well.

The DC was about 130+ minutes IIRC

DT was definitely ahead of its time in terms of how it approached a comic adaptation.

It's not an action movie. It's pulpy.
I suppose I don't see why those must be mutually exclusive? Shadow was pulpy, but had some alright action scenes. The Phantom was pulp too.
Like, the movie had action. Just nothing that good. I suppose it's just not that grabbing anymore for me.

I thought Dick Tracy was such an abnormally bad movie that I actually threw the DVD away.

I did the same with "The Hangover."

I digress, I always liked the 1990 Dick Tracy film... It would be great to see the character return to the big screen, but I almost wonder if there's an audience for it now?

I thought that Beatty's Dick Tracy movie was okay, other than some cheap looking sets and of course, Beatty. He had the charisma of a block of wood. He so unbearably boring that it almost ruined fun performances by Pacino, Hoffman and others.

If they ever do give Dick Tracy another shot (I don't think they should necessarily, because it will likely flop), I do like the suggestion of Jon Hamm. He looks like he stepped out of that era.

I do like the suggestion of Jon Hamm. He looks like he stepped out of that era.

I would rather see John Hamm play Lamont Cranston/The Shadow, I don't know how he is with the crazy laughter, but he would make a perfect LC, ach, he would make a great Shadow as well.
I liked that idea of Sam Raimi doing a Shadow movie, that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago. I would rather see JH in a more serious sh flick like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"