Watchmen news: trailer, runtime and more

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
  • The current running time is 2 hours and 43 minutes, and Zack Snyder doesn’t expect it to get much shorter. Wow, that’s even longer than I expected it would be.
  • Snyder said he would not be involved with a prequel/sequel if Warner Bros stupidly decided to make one. But the real question is, would Warner Bros be stupid enough to make one?
  • The next movie trailer will be attached to Quantum of Solace, which hits theaters in the US on November 14th 2008. Mark it on your calendar!

source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/01/watchmen-running-time-new-trailer-and-sequel-denial/

also: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/10/01/early-reaction-more-watchmen-footage-and-updates/ and http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp?aid=9348&tcid=1

:hyper:

Last edited:
wow thats great news! 2 hrs and 43 min thats long as hell. Now i know this movie is gonna be good. Cant wait for QOS

I remember when they kept saying that The Dark Knight was going to be 2h45m :whatever:...............:oldrazz:

Glad Snyder is at least TRYING to bring film justice to Watchmen. 2hrs and 43 min...Never sounded better!

Sounds great I just hope we get some more footage of Dan in the new trailer.

Warner Bros. just unveiled a first look at Watchmen to an eager audience at their studio lot in West Hollywood. Director Zack Snyder joined costume designer Michael Wilkinson and Production Designer Alex McDowell for the event, showing off the first 12 minutes and a few subsequent scenes, totaling nearly a half hour of brand-new footage.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/watchmennews.php?id=7701

To be fair, i'm not really interested with the feature itself.

I want to watch the extended dvd cut with the comic aspect and also the features and bits from the end of the comic.

So you're not going to the movies..?

probably not, it'll be like reading the comics without the extra bits than re-reading it to get a better feeling.

i can wait...

CHUD's pretentious **** also has something to say:
I was sold after the set visit. I knew that Zack Snyder 'got' Watchmen, that he wasn't turning it into 300, that he and his team were paying an obsessive amount of attention to detail and fidelity. After talking to Zack on set (and at a couple of other events - I must have interviewed this guy about 20 times on the subject of Watchmen) I knew that he was attempting to service the graphic novel and not trying to bend it to his style or his will. I also knew that he wasn't just making a slavish adaptation - his film would attempt to live on its own.
http://chud.com/articles/articles/16514/1/ZACK-SNYDER-APPEARS-TO-HAVE-NAILED-WATCHMEN/Page1.html

After reading the footage description im actually scared about the slow motion scenes, i feel like there defintily going to be overused. Damn im pissed

After reading the footage description im actually scared about the slow motion scenes, i feel like there defintily going to be overused. Damn im pissed
I don't remember how much slow-motion he used in 300.. anyone?

I remember when they kept saying that The Dark Knight was going to be 2h45m :whatever:...............:oldrazz:

Ummm...yea The TDK being that long was nothing more then a rumor. It was never said by anyone that had to do with making TDK, Nolan never once said that. It was a rumor from a website, and that was it.

THIS is from the horses mouth. If Snyder is saying its that long, then its going to be that long.

I was just recalling that other.. runtime fact, though

Quantum of solace is out in the UK on the 31st of Oct so we might get the Trailer on the net before the 14th of Nov

I was just recalling that other.. runtime fact, though

Yea, well the way your putting it, or did put it, was to say that this will be BS because it was rumored by a site that had nothing to do with production. Yet this is from the main man himself.

So I guess either we're on different pages. Or I don't get your....humor. :cwink:

Quantum of solace is out in the UK on the 31st of Oct so we might get the Trailer on the net before the 14th of Nov

Yea lets hope we get that and the new TS trailer as well ;) :up:

Yea, well the way your putting it, or did put it, was to say that this will be BS because it was rumored by a site that had nothing to do with production. Yet this is from the main man himself.

So I guess either we're on different pages. Or I don't get your....humor. :cwink:

no humor :oldrazz: just remembering..

I think that's clearly bad: too much slow camera by the description, and the runtime is absolutely ridiculous for so much material, and so complex.

The movie may be a visual joyride, but with this runtime it is doomed as a version of the book.

This is perhaps my most anticipated film of 2009 only after James Cameron's Avatar.
I hated 300 but this looks spectacular (and I read the Watchmen graphic novel....and it is my favorite graphic novel by far!)

Can't wait til the new trailer! :up:

^^Yeah thanks :) . It truly is amazing (I probably would have never touched it though if it weren't for that amazin trailer)...The day after I saw the trailer with TDK, I headed to Barnes and Nobles and read the whole thing. It was really fun...favorite part is when Laurie is talking with Doc Manhattan on Mars, I thought it was very interesting and strange.

I agree. I'm not exactly thrilled about the slo-mo either. I was hoping for maybe only slo-mo for a few of the scenes; like Comedian falling out of the window, I do think that works. But having an extended fight in Blake's apartment with a significant amount of slow motion irritates me. It also makes me wonder how many of the fight scenes will be in the same style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"