WB/DC: It's All Part Of The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbaby

Sidekick
Reaction score
WB, don't try too hard to faithfully continue from SR. afterall, SR is sending wrong messages, and it has too many bad attachments.

you would have no time to introduce new villains, to develop the new plot, the characters of clark kent, superman & lois lane, and to get the public involved if you went to develop the kid storyline; the superman & the kid relationship, the triangular love, to explain richard white and to bring lex luthor back into business.

if you made a faithful sequel of SR, it would only lead you to dead end and kill the superman movie franchise all together.

pls just make a good superman movie. the metallo & brainiac episodes of the animation of superman are some of the examples of a good structure superman film you can refer to.

add -
SentinelMind said:
... But even looking to the future, I'm skeptical about the sequel. The thing about Superman 3 and 4 is that those were bad films, but they didn't tarnish Supes character so much that a good sequel to those couldn't be made. It's sort of like James Bond franchise, some additions are campy and others are more serious. However, with Superman Returns, Singer has written himself into a box and tarnished the potential of this franchise. All sequels have to be set up on Singer's silly premises and bad characterization of Superman.

hmmm, doubt it. This is the studio that greenlit a script inwhich superman and his son kill people.

Lee, who will return as executive producer of the film, hosted "Superman Returns" director Bryan Singer and producer Jon Peters at a wide-ranging discussion with ACM students today at UH.

Singer and Peters are in Honolulu this week to celebrate Lee's birthday, and to begin planning the next Superman film, which will likely begin production mid- to late next year in a location yet to be determined. "Superman Returns" was shot in Sydney, Australia, with four ACM students serving as interns.
Source: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Nov/08/br/br0948627351.html

Why is he still involved with the Superman franchise?:huh:

The ink on his involvement dried on the dotted line a long time ago, and at this point he's one of many involved, and definitely not the top dog. After his string of box-office triumphs that was capped off with Wild, Wild, West, I don't think Peters is doing anything at this point but counting his blessings he's even allowed on the Warner lot. WB monitors the comments on sites like this one and Superman Cinema, and I've never heard a positive thing said about Peters, with exception to those who don't know any better at the time. He's what would happen if cancer wore sunglasses and had a seventh grade reading level. I just hope they set him in the corner of every meeting he's at, give him a Lunchable and a ball of yarn, and just allow him to keep himself occupied.

I just watched the DVD again this weekend, and his name is one of the first two flash across the screen, "A John Peters Film" or something similar.

Showtime029 said:
I just watched the DVD again this weekend, and his name is one of the first two flash across the screen, "A John Peters Film" or something similar.

No, the director always gets the "A ___ ____ Film" credit, in this case "A Bryan Singer Film". The title credit was "A Jon Peters Production", which still irks me since I loathe the man.

ya, silly me. what was i thinking.
why still dreaming... sad.

I'd feel a whole lot better if he wasn't involved at all.He's one of the main reasons Superman took so long to get off the ground in the first place.But i guess he's got some kind of airtight contract that gives him the right to stay on board.Lets hope for the best.

Let's hope for the best indeed.
Singer + Peters is a combination capable of destroying the Superman Franchise forever.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
No, the director always gets the "A ___ ____ Film" credit, in this case "A Bryan Singer Film". The title credit was "A Jon Peters Production", which still irks me since I loathe the man.

As I said, "something similar." :cwink:

It doesn't bother me in the least since he is merely a figurehead and is there to help pump up interest along with merchandising. The man apologized and admited he was wrong. It was crazy times for awhile there at WB.

Does he also hold the rights to the superman character :huh:
I mean to stay that long attached to the franchise , it can't be that WB contractually obliged to use him with the movie ....right ?

Or is he also involved as one of the (WB) people who bring the the $$$ for the budget

matrix_ghost said:
Does he also hold the rights to the superman character :huh:
I mean to stay that long attached to the franchise , it can't be that WB contractually obliged to use him with the movie ....right ?

Or is he also involved as one of the (WB) people who bring the the $$$ for the budget
I'm not 100% sure but i think Peters co-owns the rights to new Superman movies.Not sure for how long.

He's a non-factor and is actually a merchandising guru, which helps with the extras.

Kabuki_Jo said:
Let's hope for the best indeed.
Singer + Peters is a combination capable of destroying the Superman Franchise forever.

If this was true, SR's 2nd weekend would have been something like 7 million dollars......as the initial flock from the first week was disgusted, and POTC2 was cleaning up the rest with 135 Million over 3 days. Oh, and SR would have been dead at about 80-100 Million dollars. That would have been the death of a new Superman franchise.

Obviously, that didn't happen, did it?

Pickle-El said:
If this was true, SR's 2nd weekend would have been something like 7 million dollars......as the initial flock from the first week was disgusted, and POTC2 was cleaning up the rest with 135 Million over 3 days. Oh, and SR would have been dead at about 80-100 Million dollars. That would have been the death of a new Superman franchise.

No, it didn't...but what exactly is your point?

Pickle-El said:

Almost. If $200 million was the point where Sony decided whether to make a sequel, then it made just 81 thousand dollars more than it needed. Cutting it pretty close I'd say.

Do you have any idea how many movies have made more money? ...70, 70 movies have made more. Including stuff like Signs, Rush Hour 2, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Armageddon, MI:2, Meet the Fockers.....My Big Fat Greek Wedding made more!

The public voted with their movie dollars and decided that Rush Hour 2 was better. Pretty sad. This is Superman for heavens sake!

Whether smeone liked it or not is not the point, as far as BO goes, it was a huge dissapointment.

Shockingly, most consider SR to be a good Superman movie.

CConn said:
Shockingly, most consider SR to be a good Superman movie.

Shocking! Where are these people you speak off because the majority of the fan base spoke up clearly when the movie failed to even beat BATMAN BEGINS at the boxoffice domestically.

Let alone live up to the hype... People simply didn't like the movie overall, and the boxoffice numbers don't lie...

BareKnucklez said:
Shocking! Where are these people you speak off because the majority of the fan base spoke up clearly when the movie failed to even beat BATMAN BEGINS at the boxoffice domestically.

Let alone live up to the hype... People simply didn't like the movie overall, and the boxoffice numbers don't lie...

bingo! SR is such a huge let down. it's senseless and pointless. seriously, Singer had no idea to do a superman movie, aside of copying directly scene by scene from STM.

Wesyeed said:
hmmm, doubt it. This is the studio that greenlit a script inwhich superman and his son kill people.
:o:whatever::cool:

superbaby said:
SR is sending wrong messages,

Its sending the wrong messages?

you would have no time to introduce new villains, to develop the new plot, the characters of clark kent, superman & lois lane,

Thay are already doing that.

if you made a faithful sequel of SR, it would only lead you to dead end and kill the superman movie franchise all together.

You lack any vision. I can think of over a dozen different ways to move from SR all sticking heavily with the SR plot.

Its pointless to worry about that anyway since SR was supposed to end the Donner films and provide an opening into a newer universe (something it didnt do very well)

These threads need to stop cause you already know that WB will go with Singer and continue from SR....Deal with it.
If you dont like it then dont watch the sequel. Wait for this Superman franchise to end and wait for the next one.

SR is a big slap in the face to Superman, They don't get it, they think the only problem was the lack of action. It's sad that there will be a sequel. We got a weak Superman and we will get another one that will hurt the Superman movie business. Singer was the absolute worse thing that has ever happened to the Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"