• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

We are Amazons!! The Queen Hippolyta and the Amazonian's Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I do to placate you? It's just my opinion of one performance in one movie babe. I agree that she is a good actress.
Reassure me Superman will get his do in BvS. :csad:

I'll never understand why hollywood unleashed Sam Worthinington upon us. I blame James Cameron.
I'd take Worthington over the jerk who ruined Kyle Flippin' Reese. :argh:

tbh I liked that dude in Spartacus. But he doesn't give me the Kyle vibe at all. On the trailer, it just looked weird.
Courtney can play the smug jerk. That is literally all his range. He is not likable in the least imo.

I have always liked Connie Nielsen tho.

connie-nielsen-gladiator-hair-wallpaper-1.jpg

I can't promise you that, I wish I could but I can't. I'm still trying to process my disappointment and under the surface rage. I was thinking like 50/50 more or less so that's another thing that I was wrong about. That's honestly the first super disappointing thing that I've read about the film. I'm still greatly looking forward to the film and I'll probably like it but I'm not happy with it.

Off Topic mini rant: It sure would be ****ing nice if WB cared about Superman more. At least give him another ****ing solo WB. Geez does the whole world have to revolve around Batman? How can you build a universe if that is all you care about? I'm going to need some assurances that the DCEU is going to be more than the ****ing Batman show. Because I'm going to be ****ing pissed and horribly disappointed if that all it is.

I'm in a cynical mood right now and I get in the moods sometimes. I might not be in one tomorrow, we will see.

Anyway back to Wonder Woman. I sure hope Wonder Woman has the most screentime in Wonder Woman and not Batman.

I'd take Worthington over the jerk who ruined Kyle Flippin' Reese. :argh:

They have the same amount of skill, in that they can be replaced with pieces of wood with smiley faces drawn on and it'd be an improvement.

I can't promise you that, I wish I could but I can't. I'm still trying to process my disappointment and under the surface rage. I was thinking like 50/50 more or less so that's another thing that I was wrong about. That's honestly the first super disappointing thing that I've read about the film. I'm still greatly looking forward to the film and I'll probably like it but I'm not happy with it.

Off Topic mini rant: It sure would be ****ing nice if WB cared about Superman more. At least give him another ****ing solo WB. Geez does the whole world have to revolve around Batman? How can you build a universe if that is all you care about? I'm going to need some assurances that the DCEU is going to be more than the ****ing Batman show. Because I'm going to be ****ing pissed and horribly disappointed if that all it is.

I'm in a cynical mood right now and I get in the moods sometimes. I might not be in one tomorrow, we will see.

Anyway back to Wonder Woman. I sure hope Wonder Woman has the most screentime in Wonder Woman and not Batman.
I am right there with you SPIDEY. I have been rather pissed off about this whole situation the last week, which is why I am avoiding the boards. First the MoS 2 crap, now this. How can anyone get attached to Superman if you don't give them a chance? Getting angry and arguing over it won't help the situation. I can only hope Snyder is telling the truth about it starting out more Batman because they kind of need to handle his origin, but the movie is truly Batman and Superman. Considering the entire plot should revolve around Superman and what happened in MoS, it be kind of dumb if it didn't.

They have the same amount of skill, in that they can be replaced with pieces of wood with smiley faces drawn on and it'd be an improvement.
Someone should totally go back and replace them in all their roles with Wilson from Castaway. :funny:

Connie Nielsen would be awesome. She was my choice for Lara originally in MOS.

Man she looks hella beautiful for her age. :ilv:

I am right there with you SPIDEY. I have been rather pissed off about this whole situation the last week, which is why I am avoiding the boards. First the MoS 2 crap, now this. How can anyone get attached to Superman if you don't give them a chance? Getting angry and arguing over it won't help the situation. I can only hope Snyder is telling the truth about it starting out more Batman because they kind of need to handle his origin, but the movie is truly Batman and Superman. Considering the entire plot should revolve around Superman and what happened in MoS, it be kind of dumb if it didn't.

Someone should totally go back and replace them in all their roles with Wilson from Castaway. :funny:
I can't be on the BvS boards either because all that will come from me is not rainbows and butterflies.

I wouldn't even be *****ing as much if they would at least say that they are working on a proper solo sequel. Hire a screenwriter or two or something. I know MOS had a mixed reception and that will be a hurdle to get over but that doesn't mean that they should give up. They should get their **** together and do better next time, that's all. That's what I hate most about Warner Brothers, they panic and quit at the first sign of trouble. They had too high expectations for a reboot and they gave their reboot a horrible slot in June. Just like Wonder Woman isn't in a good slot right now.

If Paramount can make 4 transformer films with mixed to bad reviews yet make a lot of Mullah then Warner Bros. should be more then prepared to make more superman films as long as the box office is stellar and that goes for all DCEU films too.

Box Office = Sequels for those Cuban cigar smoking BigWigs up their.

If Paramount can make 4 transformer films with mixed to bad reviews yet make a lot of Mullah then Warner Bros. should be more then prepared to make more superman films as long as the box office is stellar and that goes for all DCEU films too.

Box Office = Sequels for those Cuban cigar smoking BigWigs up their.
I wonder how well Wonder Woman has to do to be considered a success? Will it be considered a bomb if it "only" grosses 668 mllion? Do all the DCEU films have to gross a billion in order to be considered successes? If that's the case maybe they should get the budgets under control. I don't run a multi-billion dollar studio so by all rights no one should listen to me but what I'm saying is common sense. Marvel were smart enough to keep the budgets down when they didn't know how well the first film would do, maybe WB should follow suit?

I wonder how well Wonder Woman has to do to be considered a success? Will it be considered a bomb if it "only" grosses 668 mllion? Do all the DCEU films have to gross a billion in order to be considered successes? If that's the case maybe they should get the budgets under control. I don't run a multi-billion dollar studio so by all rights no one should listen to me but what I'm saying is common sense. Marvel were smart enough to keep the budgets down when they didn't know how well the first film would do, maybe WB should follow suit?

Well i like to consider cbm successes based on the near competition around its release of the same genre and calibre, and by calibre i mean comparing say the avengers to antman.

2014 for example had cap:tws, asm2, xmen: dofp and gotg and one connection to all of them was the fact that all their total box office is in the $700 million+ category thus showing some sort of commercial sync in the cbm films of that year give or take a couple of millions.

now for WW and 2017 we've got gotg2 a film considered a billion dollar behemoth, justice league p1 another billion dollar colossal, thor 3 a potentially 600m to 700m film and finally the mcu spiderman a 700+ film based on past films in the franchise.

So i consider WW to being a commercial success if its box offcie is in sync with films of its calibre which in this case is both thor and spiderman since the other two are in a league of their own.

And of course a pretty good RT score would be nice.

Wonder Woman isn't a sequel so expecting similar numbers to sequels would be a mistake in my opinion. And DC is just not in the position Marvel is, there is more skepticism surrounding their projects. With the exception of GOTG, which did usually well, all of those 700 plus million dollar films were sequels.

If Cate Blanchett was asked to be Hippolyta, then I guess they want blonde Hippolyta.

And for a suggestion that is similar in looks, Vera Farmiga.

Yeah, can we seriously not act like hair color is a factor in these situations? It's almost entirely irrelevant.

Yeah, I don't see WB caring too much of blonde vs brunette Hippolyta.

Let's all pretend Hippolyta looking young isn't how the character has been depicted for the majority of her history. You know, for the sake of personal fan castings.

Far more often has Hippolyta and Diana looked like sisters than mother and daughter. The everlasting youth of Paradise Island is part of what makes it mythic.

The notion of Pike playing Gal's mom is so funny to me that I wrote it in my diary.

-''Mad Love had a real funny joke today''...I'm gonna smoke that **** in yo honor. I love ya, mayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"