Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We WILL uncover the truth - The Rising Tide Thread

It's clearly a HYDRA front, working to discredit their long-time rivals.

I agree with Whiskey. That makes more sense than it being HYDRA IMO. Skye's character has been described as "obsessed with superhero culture" which matches up with what Rising Tide seems to be about, and I can sorta see where they're going with it.

Of course there isn't anything saying Hydra can't ultimately be behind a group like this. Wouldn't expect a reveal that in the first season though.

That's one thing that's so awesome about comics, there's a lot of material to draw from and a lot of potential ways stories could go.

Something's telling me they're connected to Hydra, but it won't be revealed until CA2. That Hydra has secretly returned and is possibly trying to turn the world against SHIELD using subversive means.

The Rising Tide of the mythical Hydra re-surfacing...

Going by many names and having many heads now.

The Hydra agent in CA:First Avenger said every time you cut off one of the Hydra's heads, two will grow in its place...
Before Shield was formed they cut off one head.

It doesn't die unless you cut off the central head of the Hydra... Maybe we find out that two Zemos replaced Red Skull as the new heads of the Hydra... Moved across time and flashbacks. That Hydra went underground and has slipped its tentacles into every shady organization...

Cap and Fury unravel the conspiracy, going rogue from Shield in a secret avengers like way, figuring out who is attacking Shield from without and within. We've been shown Tony's perspective.

I believe Tony will be director of Shield by the time Avengers 2 happens, and the villains are subtly carrying out a plan to turn the heroes against each other, and the world against Shield.

It could be that Rising Tide is just one of many false fronts Hydra has put up, used for the show until the Hydra eventually emerges from the Rising Tide. And some of phase 2 plays out like Secret Avengers in some ways, a lot of subversive secret actions, conspiracies, multiple reveals, people infiltrating and subversively spreading info about shield like in the Secret Avengers comics.
So, instead of Winter Soldier being "Avengers 1.5" it's also like a Secret or mini Avengers movie... where lots could be set up, and Rising Tide could be a name for their cohorts in the show until Hydra can officially return in CA2. When the Hydra rises from the depths.
Cap and fury would be operating under a veil of secrecy in CA2, forming a team that Cap leads, going rogue from Shield. The Shield show would set up some of the conspiracy aspects in CA2, and then only Coulson knows what's really going on by Avengers 2. Tony gets made director of Shield by Pierce, which could be a bad thing... because Tony and Banner don't have the full story like Cap and Fury's team would. Instead of a whole civil war scenario, the Masters and Hydra have turned the heroes and Shield against themselves and they figure things out quickly, "their worst enemies are themselves". Subtly turning them against each other. Gotta keep it secret, because as Killian said subtlety has sort of had its day... It's better if things are a surprise, and the mind is tricked... That way Tony and the audience were deceived by this plan, Tony only remembered things a certain way, not telling the whole story about "fixing" Extremis and himself. His ego blocking this part of the memory out, giving it to us/Banner in the form of hints as to how Extremis returns.

Last edited:
64f.gif

Why are they trying to expose Iron Man when he's already public knowledge? Tony Stark freaking announced it on TV :funny:

It seems like this "website" was formed in 2008 when superheroes first started showing up. "We will not remain silent any longer" implies that they've been quietly "stalking" SHIELD for years and are just now "coming out" due to the alien attack. That's my guess.

LokiD, is that you? :D

Yes, I made it obvious for a reason, although this is closer to The Real Me ;)

Free of the info my source was getting, only my speculation, because I believe even people like Latino review were floated carefully leaked falsified information to cover up what is really going on, much like in Secret Avengers where a steady stream of false info was presented, mixed with partially accurate half-truths. doing things in subversive ways, i.e. propaganda, to try to direct the hearts and minds... And can say more of my own beliefs on this account... The other account was much like Trevor...

I promise that even the old me might have hit upon many half-truths that will come true a little later, if that helps. Especially the stuff I was saying about the prison break. But yeah even I was told certain things to route me out. I believe the gotg after credits rumor was floated by Marvel, then they found out Mayambe leaked the fake info the studio themselves spread, and he got banned from Marvel events. Preventing him from making any semi-accurate leaks in the future.

I definitely don't have any info anymore, and can't even trust the people I was hearing from. so from now on I'm only posting my personal observations, I've admitted it's me so no one thinks I didn't at least semi-explain.

Last edited:
Imagine how useful the Rising Tide will be for Ultron :wow:

Personally I hope they don't vilify Wikileaks too much though.

(I'm so excited for this. What they really need to do is do something like Doctor Who where the release date is reasonably similar around the world so Australians don't have to wait 6 months and then pirate it anyway. Seriously, our television networks are dreadful. They will probably buy this show, put it on at 11:30 pm on a weeknight, complain there are no viewers and then get rid of it and forbid a DVD release date so they can put on more of 'The Voice'.

Imagine how useful the Rising Tide will be for Ultron :wow:

Personally I hope they don't vilify Wikileaks too much though.

(I'm so excited for this. What they really need to do is do something like Doctor Who where the release date is reasonably similar around the world so Australians don't have to wait 6 months and then pirate it anyway. Seriously, our television networks are dreadful. They will probably buy this show, put it on at 11:30 pm on a weeknight, complain there are no viewers and then get rid of it and forbid a DVD release date so they can put on more of 'The Voice'.

i know right!!!!!! seriously how long did us Aussies have to wait until we finally got Arrow?

Yeah, I think it's a combination of "Truther"-types and secret HYDRA backing. HYDRA has long been the official nemesis of SHIELD, and there's some mythological metaphors to the Hydra with "The Rising Tide."

It's kind of eye-opening to see just how much of superhero-dom has been kept in the shadows so far, though. With The Avengers, I'd assumed everything was pretty much wide open common knowledge, but apparently SHIELD still doesn't "officially" exist to the general public. Hard to believe that supers like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Cap would be considered "Bigfoot: Real or Fake?" material, though. Kinda hard to create a cover-up of The Battle of New York. (Any of them.)

Just remember, one of their associates, Skye, apparently becomes a regular member of the cast. So either Rising Tide isn't actually truly antagonistic to SHIELD ( philosophical disagreement on whether to blare weirdness to the world or keep it quiet not rising to level of true enmity ), or else it *is* villainous, and Skye ditches them right quick. I could see it going either way.

Just remember, one of their associates, Skye, apparently becomes a regular member of the cast. So either Rising Tide isn't actually truly antagonistic to SHIELD ( philosophical disagreement on whether to blare weirdness to the world or keep it quiet not rising to level of true enmity ), or else it *is* villainous, and Skye ditches them right quick. I could see it going either way.

I'd be willing to bet on the latter. She probably starts out on the wrong team but converts to SHIELD.

Yeah, I really hope that Hydra is secretly behind the Rising Tide and Skye comes to find out she is exacerbating the problem that she was trying to uncover.

Yeah, I really hope that Hydra is secretly behind the Rising Tide and Skye comes to find out she is exacerbating the problem that she was trying to uncover.

Now that would be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"