Weird News of the World Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Cops Now Investigating Bobbi Kristina Brown's Boyfriend

gitog3jfddo7vitaxidf.jpg

Authorities in Georgia have reportedly launched a criminal investigation into the case of Bobby Kristina Brown, who was found unresponsive in a bathtub last weekend and has been in a medically-induced coma since.

According to TMZ, law enforcement sources say possible foul play was suspected after unspecified injuries were found on Brown, the only daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. Boyfriend Nick Gordon is reportedly the target of the probe.

Additionally, the website says that Max Lomas, the only witness to the incident other than Gordon, gave this account to police:

We're told Max Lomas—the friend who discovered Bobbi Kristina in the tub—arrived at around 9 AM last Saturday. He says he hung out with Nick but did not see Bobbi Kristina. He was told she was in the bedroom. Nick wandered away and Max says he didn't pay attention to his whereabouts.

The cable guy showed sometime after 10 AM and Max says he let him in—Nick was nowhere to be seen. The cable guy said he needed access to the bedroom so Max let him in and discovered Bobbi Kristina in the tub. He screamed for Nick, who ran in and administered CPR.

We're told Max claims Nick allegedly cleaned up the home and removed blood stains.

Lomas has refused to be reinterviewed until authorities offer him immunity, TMZ reports.

UPDATE - 11:40 a.m.: CNN has also spoken with a source who says police are investigating Nick Gordon. Additionally, a source reportedly told the network that Bobbi Kristina Brown "has injuries that still need to be explained."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bobbi-kristina-brown-case-reportedly-sparks-criminal-investigation/

It just keeps getting weirder

Picasso's Granddaughter Is a Total Badass

ztuj0skjzf3b1svwl1b0.jpg

The last line in the New York Times profile of one of Picasso's heirs, the artist's granddaughter Marina Picasso, is a quote from her: "I respect my grandfather and his stature as an artist. I was his grandchild and his heir, but never the grandchild of his heart." It is the perfect ending to a story filled with precise criticism of a polarizing, and seemingly terrible, character in her life.

In the profile, Picasso, 64, reveals her radical decision to unload her inheritance privately, by herself, outside of the inflated art market. When artworks are being held in a warehouse simply so they can appreciate value for other investors to purchase, Picasso's unapologetic decision to do things her own way is not only a badass move, but an essential one.

Of her grandfather's painting "La Famille," that she intends to sell first and is valued at the highest price of all her 300 original Picasso works:

"It's symbolic because I was born in a great family, but it was a family that was not a family," Ms. Picasso said.

Picasso currently uses her inheritance to fund philanthropic projects that aide the elderly and teenagers. She has opened a pediatric hospital in Vietnam and undertaken similar projects in Switzerland and France. Here, she explains why:

"People say I should appreciate my inheritance and I do," Ms. Picasso said, "but it is an inheritance without love."

In the end, she learned from her past. "It was really difficult to carry this celebrated name and to have a difficult financial life," she said. "I think because of it I developed my sense of humanity and my desire to help others."

Another one of Picasso's heirs, a grandson Olivier Widmaier Picasso, says that Marina's desire to sell the works on her own terms is misguided:

He said he was surprised to learn about Ms. Picasso's sales approach. "All the heirs have always worked with major dealers, like Picasso did in his life," he said. "They know the market and the buyers and work to avoid any bad moves."

But Marina Picasso couldn't disagree more. It sounds like ridding her life of Picasso's art will be lifting a burden, especially since she grew up "living on the edge of poverty and lingering at the gates of a French villa with her father to plead for an allowance from her grandfather."

Screw the art market. It's Marina Picasso's right to shove off Picasso's art however she chooses. Rock on, sister.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/05/a...s-to-sell-art-worrying-the-market.html?src=me

Awesome move IMO

Canada's Highest Court Affirms The Right To Doctor-Assisted Suicide

fbzxsx61ve8hm2qvasqb.png

In a historic decision, the Canadian Supreme Court has unanimously ruled that adults who are mentally competent and suffering intolerably and permanently have the right to seek a doctor's help in dying — and it doesn't matter if that suffering is physical or psychological.

For Canadians, this is a decision 22 years in the making. Back in 1993, the court narrowly rejected the request of Sue Rodriguez — a 42-year-old woman dying of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis — to end her life with the help of a physician. Today's ruling involved two women, both now dead, who likewise claimed the right to doctor-assisted suicide.

Sean Fine from The Globe and Mail provides some details of the ruling:

The court called the law against assisted suicide cruel and said that, far from protecting the vulnerable, it harms those who suffer terribly and unchangingly. It began Friday's momentous ruling: "It is a crime in Canada to assist another person in ending her own life. As a result, people who are grievously and irremediably ill cannot seek a physician's assistance in dying and may be condemned to a life of severe and intolerable suffering. A person facing this prospect has two options: she can take her own life prematurely, often by violent or dangerous means, or she can suffer until she dies from natural causes. The choice is cruel."

The court did not strike down the Criminal Code's prohibitions on assisted suicide, but said they no longer apply "to the extent that they prohibit physician-assisted death for a competent adult person who (1) clearly consents to the termination of life and (2) has a grievous and irremediable medical condition (including an illness, disease or disability) that causes enduring suffering that is intolerable to the individual in the circumstances of his or her condition."

The court made it clear that nothing in its ruling suggests physicians may be compelled to assist a patient in dying, adding that doctors have the ability to address whether an adult is capable of informed consent.

Contrary to the Conservative government's stance on the issue, the Supreme Court rejected the assertion that the sanctity of life was at stake.

According to Fine, "a key to the ruling was a trial judge's finding that jurisdictions such as Belgium, Luxembourg, Washington and Oregon that allow physician-assisted dying have shown they can protect vulnerable people from death against their wishes." The Court said there's no evidence to support the claim that elderly people or people with disabilities are vulnerable to assisted dying.

What's more, the court argued that the Canadian charter does not require an absolute prohibition on assistance in dying, writing that:

This would create a 'duty to live,' rather than a 'right to life,' and would call into question the legality of any consent to the withdrawal or refusal of lifesaving or life-sustaining treatment... An individual's choice about the end of her life is entitled to respect.

As noted by the CBC, the ruling leaves some questions. The judges were silent, for example, on whether depression or mental illness qualifies as a medical condition. That said, they did include "psychological pain" under the criteria of enduring and intolerable suffering.

The ruling will take effect one year from now to give the Canadian government, medical regulatory bodies, and the individual provinces some time to enact new laws and policies around assisted dying.

http://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/14637/index.do

Good for them, if you are suffering and want to leave this world on your own terms than nobody should be able to stop you

But the Prime Minister will throw a ****fit and probably try his best to cancel that out. He's also the one who refuses to even consider abortion, legalizing marijuana, or anything else that might be the slightest bit progressive past the 1950's.

Mass Jailbreak in Brazil After Guards Seduced by Sex Plot

ys9n8zmwxglrcjmhlxhr.jpg

Twenty-eight inmates escaped from the Nova Mutum jail near Cuiaba, Brazil after several women drugged and handcuffed three wardens, having seduced them with promises of an orgy, the Mirror reports.

According to the Mirror, three women—one reportedly a girlfriend of a prisoner—arrived at the prison early Thursday morning, around 3 o'clock. The women reportedly asked to be let inside to "chat and drink," eventually leading the three prison guards to the staff's sleeping quarters.

"They served them cheap whiskey with some substance to knock them out, then unlocked the central gate which accesses the internal cells," Police Chief Angelina de Andrade Ferreira told a news conference. "Whoever wanted to escape left by the front door."

Police found a bag of lingerie and law enforcement-themed dominatrix outfits, believed to have been worn by the women who came to the prison on Thursday morning. Authorities believe the jailbreak was planned by 18-year-old Bruno Amorim, serving time for attempted murder, robbery, and firearms possession.

The inmates made off with rifles, shotguns, revolvers, and some ammunition, Ferreira said. The three wardens have been arrested and will be charged with "facilitating a jailbreak" and "culpable embezzlement."

Eight of the 28 escaped inmates have been returned to prison.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/womens-prison-mass-jail-break-5120591

Ya beautiful Brazilian women would be able to seduce the keys away from me too

Bruce Jenner Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash, One Dead

flf5uum5lgp2oq7e6inh.jpg

Around noon on Saturday, Bruce Jenner was involved in a three-vehicle collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, TMZ reports. There was one fatality; eight people were involved.

A law enforcement source told TMZ that Jenner appeared to be okay, and he can be seen standing and speaking to someone who appears to be an emergency worker in photos published on the site.

Update, 5:15 p.m. – TMZ reports that Jenner volunteered to take a field sobriety test, which he passed, and that he told cops he was being chased by paparazzi when he rear-ended the white car seen above. That car was reportedly forced into oncoming traffic when it was struck by the black Hummer, according to TMZ. The car's female driver died.

B9ROOxcCQAE2sXD.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/07/bruce...ident-pacific-coast-highway-malibu-photo-dead

I wonder if this will hinder his transformation into a woman?

Yeah well, when I first read that and a woman died, I thought they were talking about "him."

What's up with his face? It looks like there's some kind of film stretched taught over it.

He has had tons of plastic surgery, apparently the Kardashian klan screwed him up pretty bad

Bruce Jenner was once a handsome man...hopefully when I get to that age I won't want to butcher myself to look like I should be hanging out in the Mos Eisley Cantina...

Isn't he becoming a woman? I mean, he's suppose to have the entire transition televised I thought.

Last edited:
Bruce Jenner was once a handsome man...hopefully when I get to that age I won't want to butcher myself to look like I should be hanging out in the Mos Eisley Cantina...

:shr: ...after rereading my post and :doh: ...I'm talking about the plastic surgery...not the transitioning okay, I double checked and thought...wow, that post might sound bad...

...again, I'm talking celebrity and plastic surgery in general, not the transitioning which I support, if somebody feels that's how they belong, or that's who they are and that's the steps to take, I support that...

Iggy Azalea Betrayed By a Papa John's Pizza Delivery Guy

mq10rdopubmedqedzgxf.jpg

Iggy Azalea, a 2015 Grammy nominee and the winner of my own personal award for bad taste in pizza, made two mistakes this week: ordering Papa John's and using her personal cell phone number for the delivery.

Azalea spent the afternoon leading up to the awards show complaining about a delivery guy who gave her number to his family members.

B9WsGGmCQAANT0Q.jpg

The self-declared "realest" also expressed disappointment that a Papa John's supervisor declined to text her photographs of the offending driver.

Papa John's twitter account has yet to respond.

https://twitter.com/IGGYAZALEA/status/564546551557533696

So Iggy doesn't have people for that kind of crap? I mean ya it's crappy what the guy did but what the hell did she expect?

Egyptian Soccer Riot Leaves At Least 20 Dead

mqto0jvjvo1ew3extlup.jpg

At least 20 people were killed Sunday in a riot outside an Egyptian Premier League soccer match, the Associated Press reports. Security officials said the violence started when ticketless Zamalek fans tried to force their way into the game.

The riot broke out before a match between Zamalek and ENPPI at Cairo's Air Defense Stadium. Police used tear gas to disperse supporters, The Guardian reports. Security officials told the AP that some fans were killed in stampede and some were killed in clashes with police.

According to Zamalek supporter group Ultras White Knights' Facebook page, the death toll is as high as 22. The group shared a handwritten list of names of the alleged victims as well as gruesome photographs purported to be from the scene.

"The Zamalek fans tried to get in by force, and we had to prevent them from damaging public property," the Egyptian interior ministry ministry said in a statement provided to Ahram Online. According to The Guardian, the Air Defense Stadium is owned by the army.

UWK says that fans were tear-gassed as fans tried to enter the stadium through a single entrance: "a tiny metal fence surrounded by barbed wire being the only gate opened for us," Ahram reports.

In 2012, 79 people were killed in a brawl after a game in the Egyptian city of Port Said. Twenty-one people subsequently received the death sentence.

Ahram reports that Sunday's match between Zamalek and ENPPI proceeded despite the deaths outside the stadium. "Football is only for respectable fans," Zamalek board member Ahmed Mansour reportedly said on his Facebook page. "No thugs are allowed here."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/official-dead-egypt-soccer-riot-toll-rise-28815104

Never understood why people die over a soccer match

Class Action Lawsuit Claims 50 Shades of Grey Lube Failed to Perform

ymgzaxtuha7fd3vdeil4.jpg

Have you or someone you know been spanked, whipped or otherwise dominated by the deceptive marketing of 50 Shades of Grey-branded sex lube? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, should one California woman's new lawsuit be successful.

According to The Wrap, Tania Warchol is suing 50 Shades author E.L. James on behalf of everyone who has purchased "Fifty Shades of Grey Come Alive Pleasure Gel For Her" in the last four years. Warchol's lawsuit claims the family-friendly screw-grease promised "beneficial and aphrodisiac properties to increase pleasure and enhance orgasms" and failed to deliver.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

The complaint notes that the product's packaging promises users will "experience enhanced orgasms and stimulation as every tingle, touch and vibration intensifies." It includes the lines from James' second Fifty Shades novel printed on the box — "I surrender, exploding around him — a draining, soul-grabbing orgasm that leaves me spent and exhausted."

Citing FDA regulations and California's Consumers Legal Remedies Act, Warchol seeks a full refund and punitive damages for herself and any other customer whose soul was not grabbed.

http://www.thewrap.com/fifty-shades...ction-lawsuit-against-e-l-james-manufacturer/

Everyone in the know, knows you gotta use KY :o

Endangered Monkey Eaten by Otters at British Zoo of Horrors

xtlvffsmh7fepvbtdhuy.jpg

A rare golden lion tamarin monkey at the Bristol Zoo Gardens fell into a lake and was eaten by otters, a whistleblower told the Bristol Post. The incident is just one in a series of traumas that have befallen endangered species at the zoo in recent months.

The tamarin fell into the lake surrounding the island enclosure in which it was living, zoo officials confirmed to the Post, and floated towards the otter enclosure. "It was trapped in a drainage valve and then eaten by American otters," the whistleblower said.

In December, a female Visaryan warty pig named Manilla unexpectedly gave birth to piglets, which were then eaten by a male Visaryan warty pig named Elvis, who had been brought to the zoo to mate with Manilla in September.

"On the day the female gave birth to piglets the male immediately ate them all, and then also attacked the mother by eating her rear end. She was so badly injured she had to be put down," the whistleblower told the Post. "This meant the loss of a family of rare warty pigs that could have been avoided by keeping the male separate."

Zoo officials said the incident was unavoidable, as Manilla had not displayed any signs that she was pregnant. If she had, they would have kept Elvis in a separate enclosure. The critically endangered warty pigs are so rare, the Daily Mail reports, that it is not known exactly how many there even are.

A spokesperson for the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums told the Bristol Post that the organization was "extremely proud" of the zoo's standards and track record in keeping and protecting its animals.

Last week, the Post reports, three rainbow lorikeets escaped from their enclosure into the city. Two of the lorikeets have been recovered; one is still at large.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/SHOCK-ZOO-HIT-SERIES-TRAGEDIES/story-25977020-detail/story.html

Damn otters are good for nothing

Take that! Those struck when they had the chance and now that they've tasted blood, nowhere is safe! Beware bear pit, your occupants are next!

Man Convicted of Attempted Murder Over $12,000 Snake Deal Gone Bad

gpbh8nungoaljipue96o.jpg

For snake dealer Mark Haas, the plan was simple: he'd bring the long ones and the other guy would bring the big ones—12,600 simoleons, to be exact. But until this week, all Haas got was a Beretta slug and a bad taste in his mouth.

On Thursday, Rasheem Dowdy finally took the rap for attempted murder and robbery over the 2012 snake deal gone sour. From the Associated Press:

Ridley Township police said Dowdy arranged to buy $12,600 worth of snakes but then robbed the breeder in the Woodlyn Shopping Center parking lot in January 2012. The robber shot the dealer and fled in his SUV but crashed it in nearby Folsom.

Dowdy has yet to be sentenced, but I'll bet a dollar to a Canadian dime the punk isn't swiping serpents anytime soon.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SNAKE_SALE_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I hate snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"