The Dark Knight Rises "We'll use many of the same characters"....

Well, I guess I'm not sure. I guess only Harvey and Rachel knew for sure, and Wertz, but Harvey scragged him. Maybe it hasn't come out. But any storyline involving Ramirez really SHOULD touch on that, even if it's just her harboring a horrible secret.

Interesting. I, for one, would love to see her come back in some capacity. I found her rather....sexy, in a understated sort of way. The best way, really :cwink:

That answer is an intelligent way of saying I'm not going to reveal anything as of yet. Many of the same characters could easily mean Wayne, Alfred, Gordon, Mayor Garcia, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean Ra's, Dent, etc. will come back.

I just deleted 27 posts...so stop the arguing and personal attacks people....now.

Thank you Infinity9999x for trying to get the thread back on track.

Interesting. I, for one, would love to see her come back in some capacity. I found her rather....sexy, in a understated sort of way. The best way, really :cwink:

Hahaha. She's definitely attractive. Only problem is she reminds me a little of this Puerto Rican girl I used to date. Girl was sweet but dumb as a brick. And my association with her happened on a rebound after a Hype romance that went south, sooo... yeah, I don't find Ramirez as attractive as I ought to. But she IS attractive and no mistake, sir. No mistake.

I just deleted 27 posts...so stop the arguing and personal attacks people....now.

Thank you Infinity9999x for trying to get the thread back on track.

Yes, sir.

And thank YOU for cleaning up the godawful mess I helped make.

That answer is an intelligent way of saying I'm not going to reveal anything as of yet. Many of the same characters could easily mean Wayne, Alfred, Gordon, Mayor Garcia, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean Ra's, Dent, etc. will come back.

Oh, we have no doubt of that, man. That's clearly exactly what Nolan was doing. But as Infinity said way back at the beginning of this thread... we're just having fun and using our imaginations a bit. We're not suggesting that Ra's or Dent WILL come back. Merely that it's fun to think about as a possibility since there's so little of substance to discuss right now.

Oh, we have no doubt of that, man. That's clearly exactly what Nolan was doing. But as Infinity said way back at the beginning of this thread... we're just having fun and using our imaginations a bit. We're not suggesting that Ra's or Dent WILL come back. Merely that it's fun to think about as a possibility since there's so little of substance to discuss right now.

That's the problem. That's why we have had such a wealth of wild and crazy ideas here lately, because we have been given very minor details, and everyone is chomping at the bit for more information. It's easy to draw conclusions when there's such a lack of information. The thing about it is, it's probably going to be that way around here until we get more concrete evidence on exactly who is going to appear in the movie. It can be assumed automatically that Lucius, Alfred, Gordon and the like will return. But a topic like this really makes you wonder just who else might make a return appearance. We simply don't have enough information. I'm hoping that will all change soon enough, and we'll have more things to talk about, but until then....the crazy making shall continue.

Hahaha. She's definitely attractive. Only problem is she reminds me a little of this Puerto Rican girl I used to date. Girl was sweet but dumb as a brick. And my association with her happened on a rebound after a Hype romance that went south, sooo... yeah, I don't find Ramirez as attractive as I ought to. But she IS attractive and no mistake, sir. No mistake.

Man, sorry to hear. I can understand how such an experience can affect your point of view, god knows I've been there, one time too many.

That's the problem. That's why we have had such a wealth of wild and crazy ideas here lately, because we have been given very minor details, and everyone is chomping at the bit for more information. It's easy to draw conclusions when there's such a lack of information. The thing about it is, it's probably going to be that way around here until we get more concrete evidence on exactly who is going to appear in the movie. It can be assumed automatically that Lucius, Alfred, Gordon and the like will return. But a topic like this really makes you wonder just who else might make a return appearance. We simply don't have enough information. I'm hoping that will all change soon enough, and we'll have more things to talk about, but until then....the crazy making shall continue.

Yup, that's how things usually go around here, even though after we start getting concrete information, the crap will really hit the fan. But intelligent conversation is always welcome, it's just when opinions start getting spewed as fact that things get heated, I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else. But I know in our own little ways, we all mean well

Man, sorry to hear. I can understand how such an experience can affect your point of view, god knows I've been there, one time too many.

Yup, that's how things usually go around here, even though after we start getting concrete information, the crap will really hit the fan. But intelligent conversation is always welcome, it's just when opinions start getting spewed as fact that things get heated, I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else. But I know in our own little ways, we all mean well

Agreed. And I just want to reiterate that I was never implying that I thought any of my ideas were fact, or even have a good chance of happening. It's all just for fun speculation.

However, the question of bringing back Ramierez or one of the other small characters like the Mayor has me interested. Especially Ramierez, given, as we've said, that it's possible no one else knows of her involvement in Dent's scarring.

And that's cool about the movie Keyser, I'm a studying actor in college at the moment, so I'm always interested when other people are getting involved in fun stuff like that :up:

Wow, you are easily pleased. The lass who played Ramirez was 65% male and 35% female. Definitely a very average looking woman.

^ She was playing a cop. I bet if you saw her with her hair down with a tight little skirt on and some sexy high-heels you'd have a different opinion.

^ She was playing a cop. I bet if you saw her with her hair down with a tight little skirt on and some sexy high-heels you'd have a different opinion.
Yeah, but that would make her a butterface. The girl just doesn't do anything for me. Very ordinary. You may find a couple of passable images of her on Google, but that's about it.

Last edited:
There's a lot of characters from The Dark Knight that are minor but need to be at least dealt with in the sequel:

Ramirez = Knows the secret about Harvey Dent. Failing to re-include this character (even just to kill her off), will seriously undermine some of the consequences of the last films actions.

Mr Reece = knows the identity of Batman. This will be CRUCIAL if there is an investigation to hunt him down - especially as he announced it on public television. Someone's going to want to get to him - and his absence would passively 'cheapen' the value of Batman's identity at a time when it's going to be most at threat.

Mayor Garcia = It'd be strange to just dispose of him...

Mike Engel = Never kill a legend.

On top of that we could do with a new DA, a new Crime Boss that references Salvatore Maroni, and a few more secondary police characters. So it's going to feel like a continuation from the last movie in terms of the cast.

Because, here's the thing: The Dark Knight opened up the range of characters so substantially from Batman Begins - and gave secondary characters roles that CANNOT just be ignored in the same way that some of the Begins characters could be. One of them even learned the identity of Batman for crying out loud! And so I think, if Nolan was suggesting anything in saying "we'll use many of the same characters" - it would probably be this.

Regardless, I still think it was just a way of saying that they're returning to the core ensemble cast we all know.

When Nolan said he'll use many of the same characters, I took that as meaning:

Bruce / Batman
Alfred
Gordon
Lucius

and possibly:
Stephens
Ramirez
Mayor Garcia

Mr. Reese probably won't talk since Bruce saved his life.

There's a lot of characters from The Dark Knight that are minor but need to be at least dealt with in the sequel:

Ramirez = Knows the secret about Harvey Dent. Failing to re-include this character (even just to kill her off), will seriously undermine some of the consequences of the last films actions.

Mr Reece = knows the identity of Batman. This will be CRUCIAL if there is an investigation to hunt him down - especially as he announced it on public television. Someone's going to want to get to him - and his absence would passively 'cheapen' the value of Batman's identity at a time when it's going to be most at threat.

Mayor Garcia = It'd be strange to just dispose of him...

Mike Engel = Never kill a legend.

On top of that we could do with a new DA, a new Crime Boss that references Salvatore Maroni, and a few more secondary police characters. So it's going to feel like a continuation from the last movie in terms of the cast.

Because, here's the thing: The Dark Knight opened up the range of characters so substantially from Batman Begins - and gave secondary characters roles that CANNOT just be ignored in the same way that some of the Begins characters could be. One of them even learned the identity of Batman for crying out loud! And so I think, if Nolan was suggesting anything in saying "we'll use many of the same characters" - it would probably be this.

Regardless, I still think it was just a way of saying that they're returning to the core ensemble cast we all know.

Ramirez and Reese ought to return, yes, but there's no need for Garcia and Engel to make a comeback.

^ maybe not a need as such. Mike Engel I said as a joke (besides, wasn't he killed by the Joker? - that was my implicit assumption). I think Mayor Garcia was done really well - I think he had a good look - and the continuation of his character would do well to heighten the sense that this film is dealing with the consequences of The Dark Knight.

^ maybe not a need as such. Mike Engel I said as a joke (besides, wasn't he killed by the Joker? - that was my implicit assumption). I think Mayor Garcia was done really well - I think he had a good look - and the continuation of his character would do well to heighten the sense that this film is dealing with the consequences of The Dark Knight.

Nah, he was the one who alerted Batman to Joker's scheme when he infiltrated the warehouse. He's the one who Batman tackles when he first flies into the building. Once he hears him whimpering, he removes his mask and alerts Fox that the Hostages were reversed

Ohhh. Well anyway, he can be forgotten really. Not necessary to bring him back.

Unless a villain forces him to talk.
Maybe, but I'm willing to bet he just disappears. Meaning Nolan doesn't bring him back. If a villain discovers Batman's identity, I say it will be his own doing by other means. But who knows

I hope the Mayor returns, I liked his character and how he was actually an honest politician who managed to survive. It would be good to see him again.
Perhaps giving a press conference about the hunt for Batman.

I hope the Mayor returns, I liked his character and how he was actually an honest politician who managed to survive. It would be good to see him again.
Perhaps giving a press conference about the hunt for Batman.

Ditto. TDK had a a lot of cool supporting characters I'd like to see return, like the Mayor, Stephens, and even Ramirez.

Mayor Garcia...I swear I don´t remember this guy in BB neither in TDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"