• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom

Nirvana

Slowly Losing My Mind
Reaction score
Wes Anderson Plans Moonrise Kingdom
Source: Production Weekly September 30, 2010

Details for Wes Anderson's next project, said to be titled Moorise Kingdom have been revealed via Production Weekly's Twitter feed.

Anderson is said to have begun pre-production on the project and plans to shoot in spring of 2011.

No plot details are currently available, though it is noted that this project is planned for as a live action feature.

Read more: Wes Anderson Plans Moonrise Kingdom - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70294#ixzz115CDjWvY

Wes Anderson is one of those directors (along with Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, Tim Burton, Joel and Ethan Coen, David Fincher, Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese) for me that if his name is attached, I'm definitely rushing to see it in theaters. Considering no one knows what this is about it's hard to get terribly excited, but his name alone has my ass in the theater. :up:

Agreed. The man is a genius.

It's sad really. At this point, if I don't immediately consider one of his films one of my absolute favorite movies then I call it a failure on his part.

Django Unchained and this in 2012? :awesome:

If the world goes all Roland Emmerich on us I'm going to be upset.

:awesome: I was literally shaking watching this.

This and The Master can't come any sooner.

Seen it a few times myself as well, it's the type of quirky only Anderson pull off really well, the newcomers (like Willis, Swinton, McDormand and Norton) and the kids manages to blend in naturally with the Anderson regulars, and of course Murray is always good.

Wow, I loved the trailer. I will indeed be seeing this. Now I just need to finish Rushmore.

Back in full form, Anderson is. Fantastic Mr. Fox I gave a pass to because I loved the book as a kid, and it was surreal in its own manner. But this one already looks more than decent, especially the cast.

Just watched the trailer for this. It's looks fantastic and quite hilarious.

Also, it's about time we see Edward Norton on film again.

I love Wes.

But I do have to say this: I think Wes is an acquired taste but he's always been doing his thing.

Now there are comments are twitter mocking Wes, saying that 'Moonshine' looks like a parody of his previous work. You know what? At least he sticks to his guns. I feel like some people online are so disconnected, cynical and reactionary that whatever backlash they're trying to start ends up being meaningless. It's like a bandwagon mentality that gets me the most and it's insincere. Samething when people blindly bash Diablo Cody. I'm not saying that everyone should like her but 3 out of 5 times, it's always the same criticism without merit.

How delightful! 2012 is shaping up to a great year.

Awesome trailer; can't wait for this movie. Loved all of Wes Anderson's movies, and this looks like it'll be as good as all his other films.

Ed Norton fits right into this. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"