WETA/Microsoft put HALO FILM on the back burners :(

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
Its official now :(

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30560

As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first class film to the big screen. We are fully supportive of Director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait.

*voices of a billion HALO fans screaming out in agony*

Its still nice that WETA, MICROSOFT, JACKSON and BLOMKAMP are still onboard with it though.

I'm still hopeful it will make it to the screen. From the sound of it, everyone involved in the project seem to be pretty dedicated to it with a firm, singular vision. It's the studios bailing out was what derailed the whole train. But I'm still glad Fox washed their hands off this production. Good riddance! :up:

I don't know, I think it's going to happen.. Halo 3 is going to be an orgasm on a disc.. It's going to get everyone going nuts and be huge. Once it comes out and everyone goes ape****, every studio is going to want on the project.. And WETA will be able to get their way because all of the studios are gonna be desperate to get the project.. So WETA will be in the driver seat and be able to get their way. At least, that's what I think they're doing.

lol.jpg

I never had hope for a good Halo movie in the first place, so this doesn't bother me at all.

newmexneon said:
I never had hope for a good Halo movie in the first place, so this doesn't bother me at all.
Diggin the av, new mexican!

That show sucked so much!

Didn't stop me from watching it though. :D

Until the O.J. Simpson trial... :(

This is really disappointing...

It will probably be a 10 year layoff, like the timeframe it took to get Spider-Man onto the big screen.

I'll have to tell my children, "Oh wow! Halo is a movie now! Kids, this was an awesome game. Let's go see it lolzzz" :csad:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30560

As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than having entirely unreasonable demands attached to the making of the movie which led to Fox and Universal pulling out in the first place and we can fully finance this movie if we wanted to. We are fully supportive of Director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait.

Fixed. Stupid Microsoft.

Ooh, someone's got a case of bad eggs. :ninja: :D

Zenien said:
we would settle for no less than having entirely unreasonable demands attached to the making of the movie which led to Fox and Universal pulling out in the first place and we can fully finance this movie if we wanted to.

Fixed. Stupid Microsoft.
Yeah, it could be funded by MS, but they'd still need distribution.

Did anyone honestly think that this was going to be a good movie anyway? Come on. Its good that it got axed. It just would have been another soldier vs alien movie that no one cared about. All the Halo fans would have gone to see it and then ***** that it sucked. There is no good movie in Halo. I hope it doesn't get made. But hey, all you guys ***** anyway. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

WhatsHisFace said:
****. It's never happening.

Yes it will. It took them years to do the HALO GRAPHIC NOVEL.

Jerry said:
Did anyone honestly think that this was going to be a good movie anyway? Come on. Its good that it got axed. It just would have been another soldier vs alien movie that no one cared about. All the Halo fans would have gone to see it and then ***** that it sucked. There is no good movie in Halo. I hope it doesn't get made. But hey, all you guys ***** anyway. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
I did.. It has people that care about the property and convictions to stick as close to the source material as possible.. So much so that they wouldn't back down to studios just to get the movie made. It got amazing script reviews all around. Plus, Peter Jackson is involved and he churns out gold.

Jerry said:
Sort of like how Lord of the Rings was just another medieval slasher.

Oh for ****s sake, it was from a book, not a video game. Basically the video game is humans vs aliens, thats all everyone but biased Halo fans will see in that movie and they will go "meh, seen it a billion times already". It would just be one of those generic flashy action movies that get shipped out every summer, sticking to the source material or not. People will be saying they saw it already with Starship Troopers, except that Halo tries to take itself seriously being the only difference. I'm not saying the game is bad, its not, its just that it wouldn't work as a movie, Peter Jackson included. Everyone always has these rose colored glasses on. Look past you're insane love for the game. Great game, sucky movie. Same goes for just about every example. Super Mario Bros is classic, you seen that chunk of **** on the big screen?

Jerry said:
Oh for ****s sake, it was from a book, not a video game. Basically the video game is humans vs aliens, thats all everyone but biased Halo fans will see in that movie and they will go "meh, seen it a billion times already". It would just be one of those generic flashy action movies that get shipped out every summer, sticking to the source material or not. People will be saying they saw it already with Starship Troopers, except that Halo tries to take itself seriously being the only difference. I'm not saying the game is bad, its not, its just that it wouldn't work as a movie, Peter Jackson included. Everyone always has these rose colored glasses on. Look past you're insane love for the game. Great game, sucky movie. Same goes for just about every example. Super Mario Bros is classic, you seen that chunk of **** on the big screen?
You're an idiot, Jerry. I mean that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"