WGA, SAG-AFTRA Strike Thread

Far as I know, no. So it seems nobody wants to use AI for anything other than video games as we already were. Fine by me.
No he was plenty criticised for the others as well. A lot of people thought they did a pretty was a pretty bad job with them, including the use of A.I.

Last edited:
It's just an AI-generated retro poster in the background of a horror movie, they said. It's just four AI-generated posters advertising a movie, they said. Nothing to fret over. :o

Things like this are just gonna worse. It's even more insulting considering how fantastic Mignola's art is in general. I can't imagine he'd be okay with this.

I admit, I was originally intrigued, especially with Mignola co-writing the script…. Not anymore!

Oh sweet Jesus WHY?

**** Millennium and their ****ty behavior. Between this, the Red Sonya/Bryan Singer debacle and how Expendables 4 turned out, I hope that company goes under.
It's hard to take your responses seriously when you were complaining about the strike taking forever and saying things like it will be years before AI is an issue.

Was just about to share this. Glad to see Mignola's on our side. Bear in mind, he both wrote and drew the original run of the comics, so he has every right to be upset!
It's hard to take your responses seriously when you were complaining about the strike taking forever and saying things like it will be years before AI is an issue.
I already apologized earlier in this thread about that first bit and about THIS? I was wrong! Horribly, horribly wrong! But again, it's Millennium and I know from what happened on Expendables last year how f-ing cheap they are.

To play devil's advocate here, if Arnold's finally realized the gravity of how AI in the media industry can take jobs away from artists either trying to make ends meet or just wanting to be involved in a project they're interested in, as well as generate all-around slop, then I think we could give him the benefit of the doubt here.

All that being said, I'm starting to wonder if we should have a separate thread regarding how AI is affecting Hollywood and art in general or if we just keep the discussion in this thread even though it's just tangentially related to the strikes now.

To play devil's advocate here, if Arnold's finally realized the gravity of how AI in the media industry can take jobs away from artists either trying to make ends meet or just wanting to be involved in a project they're interested in, as well as generate all-around slop, then I think we could give him the benefit of the doubt here.

All that being said, I'm starting to wonder if we should have a separate thread regarding how AI is affecting Hollywood and art in general or if we just keep the discussion in this thread even though it's just tangentially related to the strikes now.
Thanks.

Fair enough.

Good, we didn't need any more reasons that this film was going to suck. :o

Got a question for you guys: we're all agreed that using AI for scripts and actors is a big 'NO', but what about just using it for upscaling older video to a small extent? It's been used for videos on old theme park attractions like Back to the Future and other stuff by people on Youtube and supposedly the recent Aliens 4K reissue did a smidge of it. Thoughts?

Example:

All YouTube Restoration AI-ists are doing without the original film elements is akin to this:

1714578470101.png

It sucks, serves no purpose, and looks like unhealthy dog**** when they attempt to make it 60FPS as well.

I don't even get the point to rebooting Hellboy anyways. It isn't like it is a super beloved property everyone is pining for. The comic is cool, the Ron Perlman films were awesome because of who directed them but I dont think many people really care all that much. Hell I didn't even know about it until it was posted in here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"