What comicbook stories do you see the movie taking ideas from?

WBwins

Sidekick
Reaction score
State the specific book storyline you see the movie taking ideas from?

Speculation time

Last edited:
I'm guessing the film will rely heavily on his introductory run in The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu. Shang-Chi will find out about his father's (Fu Manchu/The Mandarin) nefarious dealings and will try to put a stop to it. His father will send out a series of assassins to stop him.

One character who had a short stay in the initial run but ABSOLUTELY has to be in the movie is Midnight, his adopted African brother. He was the deadliest of the assassins sent after Shang-Chi.

Midnight-Mnai-Marvel-Comics-Master-Kung-Fu-a.jpg

Uneducated spitballing here: what if they made Midnight a Wakandan spy?

I don't think they should feature Midnight.

It would send the message that they can't support a movie on their own. Either it has to be like Shanghai Noon with Owen Wilson backing up Jackie Chan, or it has to be like Rush Hour with Chris Tucker backing up Jackie Chan. If it's not the whites having to help out the Asians, then it's the blacks.

They need to let Shang Chi stand on his own and have this an all-Asian cast. No sticking anything else in it, even something potentially Wakandan.

The other assassins should just be Asian as well.

Midnight seems like sequel material. Especially if they make him Wakandan.

I'm thinking the Shang Chi Storyline Warriors of the Golden Dawn (Master of KungFu #83-89) has a lot of cool ideas with regards to the potrayal of Shang-Chis Father's Terrorist Organisation.

There's also the Iron Man Storyline "Hands of the Mandarin" which showcase Mandarin's Personal Avengers -The Avatars

The 2015 Shang-Chi vs The Mandarin mini-series is an obvious one.

The 2015 Shang-Chi vs The Mandarin mini-series is an obvious one.
Thats a Good one.Just Read it and It definitely screams a good one for the movie.Especially the version of the Mandarin we see-Emperor Zheng Zu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"