What Do You NOT Want To See In A GL Movie?

No. Due to the competition. If they don't make their film 3D, they might loose a lot of customers. If a producer is thinking not to make their film 3D, they better think twice.

I see. Regardless, it would be a great disservice and waste to not have a chance at seeing this GL film in IMAX 3D.

The GL film demands to be seen in that format IMO.

well it could very well do some imax 3d things in post if wb has the time/money to do any converting. but at the very least its probably going to have imax screenings.

I wouldn't want to see that.

I'd prefer Kyle being recruited much like the Comics, but by Hal, in order to face the Sinestro Corps or any other threat.

hell no! you gotta have Ganthet saying "You'll have to do." that's part of Kyle's origin. Plus if this
hive mind rumor for the Guardians
is true, then it'd be better since Ganthet is the last Guardian by the time he picks Kyle

well if the
cameo of alan scott is in the film still he would be another human well former gl.

I really dont want Sinestro to have a mullet. It's the only piece of news regarding this movie, i havent liked so far (even Blake Lively has grown on me quite a bit, recently) But this? It's just wrong.

well if he has mullet/beard i said this somewhere on gl boards what if they did that to give sinestro a different look. Cause hector was going to have short cut an stash deal?

Thats a good point, man but "space redneck" was the best they could come up with? It doesnt feel like a good fit for the character at all...

lol yea well i will wait to judge things more fairly with the designs once we see the real look on the actors.

I see it as less of a redneck thing and more of a Qui-Gon Jinn thing. Which is appropriate enough, if Sinestro is to be a mentor to Hal Jordan.

Although to be perfectly precise, Sinestro's hair in the concept art is NOT a mullet. Long hair and mullet are not synonymous.

I see it as less of a redneck thing and more of a Qui-Gon Jinn thing. Which is appropriate enough, if Sinestro is to be a mentor to Hal Jordan.

Although to be perfectly precise, Sinestro's hair in the concept art is NOT a mullet. Long hair and mullet are not synonymous.
this is correct

You know what I mean! Don't get pedantic, It's still a million miles away from the characters traditional immaculate officers doo.

The other Corps.

I love them in the comics but they'd just complicate and crowd a movie.

well we are not likely to see them in the first film, and if we see any it will probably just be sinestro corps and be in the sequel.

A yellow school bus being able cancel out the lantern ring. I don't want to see that it would be very funny but comics have been trying to get away from the comical book label forever

A Stan Lee cameo.

Oh, I dunno. He'd make a mean Kilowog.

All kidding aside, we know there's a bar scene in the themovie and I'd love Geoff Johns to have a cameo, serving Hal a drink. I think that'd be cool.

You never know. He's been to New Orleans a couple of times already.

I'm a huge GL fan. As i know a lot of you are, but none of us can say they havent taken a few... Shall we say, wrong turns with the mythology over the years...
My question is, what parts of Lantern lore do you NOT want to see up there on the big screen?

This...
greenlanterjackblackkyl.jpg

Last edited:
Heh. Well, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on these boards that disagrees with that ine.

Reynolds to be really jokey and sarcastic, the way he is most in most of his movies.

I think he's a great choice for the role but if the new Green Hornet trailer has taught me anything, it's never count on an actor to do anything new, whenever it's just as easy for him to to just phone in the same old ****.

keep in mind that seth and goldberg wrote the screenplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"