What do you think of Michael Jackson the musician, not the man/woman/whatever he is?

A great entertainer whose personal life caused him to self-destruct. Throw on a little "Billie Jean" and people will start dancing.

The man is a musical genius. Still love his songs. And his greatest products are his music videos. The choreography of his ensemble in all his music videos are absolutely amazing. One will never forget the moves in Smooth Criminal and I absolutely love Ghost.

Danger Mouse said:
The man is a musical genius. Still love his songs. And his greatest products are his music videos. The choreography of his ensemble in all his music videos are absolutely amazing. One will never forget the moves in Smooth Criminal and I absolutely love Ghost.

Smooth Criminal is my absolute favorite music video of all time! I like Ghosts as well, and after spending close to a hundred dollars on Ebay for tapes that don't play in American VCRs:cmad: , I finally found a DVD that does work! :yay:

He is the king. No matter what he does in his personal life.

I think he's one of the greatest musicians and entertainers who ever lived, and his talent is almost superhuman in that he is so far ahead of anybody else. In the early 90's he became almost a mythical figure. I watched a Dangerous concert from 1991 recently, and the crowd are almost hypnotised, such is there awe.....they can't believe it's actually him. Amazing.

Thriller- the greatest zombie movie ever made

AndThePickles said:
Um, he never had a big nose in the first place, it was pretty regular. I never understood why he made it so small.

lol i took that from a HBO comedy special

I think he's a very talented musician. I still think '"Thriller" is his best song ever!

I have the album Thriller and I listen to it regularly, I haven't gotten around listening to any of his other CDs. But Michael Jackson is a product of a great producer, Quincy Jones. I like Thriller mainly for the beats and Micheal got a great voice, it's great easy listening. But that album been replace for me by Huey Lewis and the New's "Fore!"...

Great musician, great dancer, and a true innovator of what is known as the music video.

I saw him in concert in Koln, Germany during his Dangerous World Tour. After enduring two boring opening nights, finally he appeared and I was immediately floored by his live presence and his performance.

Seeing him on tv is nothing when you see him live. As far as his personal life is concerned, I don't believe his a pedophile and I don't believe he molested any children. In his mind he sees himself as a child and can be viewed as very naive to the fullest extent.

But I appreciate his talent, his music, and respect that without him half of what you see and hear on the radio wouldn't exist. I sincerely hope guys like Usher, Kayne West, Nelly, Justin Timberlake, and Sisqo pay royalties to Michael Jackson for ripping off his videos and his dance moves.

Michael-Jackson-Photograph-C11813226.jpeg

Michael-Jackson-Photograph-C12142637.jpeg

153819__jackson_l.jpg

How can you hate the man who created Thriller? It's impossible I tell you! :yay:

I like "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" but after that he kinda went down hill.:csad:

sure, MJ is a bit on the weird side nowadays, but the man is musically talented! Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, etc are GREAT songs.

Superman said:
I like "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" but after that he kinda went down hill.:csad:

I say after Dangerous. His voice became just out of this world on that album, and he released a ****load of out of this world videos after Thriller.

I wish I had a time machine so I could see him live during his heyday.

Has anyone seen that Tollywood version of "Thriller"? It's hilarious :woot:

I own that DVD. Man in the Mirror is so incredibly moving I swear when watching it I feel like I'm right there in the audience.

I'm actually working on a remix right now, and I'm going to want to desperately share it with somebody. It's of They don't really care about us. you guys have to check it out when it's done.

Michael Jackson is a legend. If it weren't for him I seriously doubt that RnB, rap and possibly the UK Urban scene would be as lucrative and successful as it is today. This guy single handedly created the music video and modern pop scene. His music transcends race and genre, everyone has heard a MJ track.

I have always been a MJ fan, how can you resist Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or Thriller?! He was the perfect artist back in his hey day and I'd love to see him perform live. He conquered the music scene like no other artist (except the Beatles) have and you have to respect him musically for that.

The Storm said:
His music transcends race and genre, everyone has heard a MJ track.

religion, culture, taste in music, country, style, and everything really. Wester, Northern, Eastern, Southern cultures all love him. Even the taliban probably listens to his songs where he lashes out at them.

I decided to say pretty good.He is bizzare today,and i hear he`s ashamed of being black.

I guarantee everyone has done at least one MJ impression in their life. Everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"