• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you want Tarantino's next two films to be?

The Face

Civilian
Reaction score
With 'The Hateful Eight' Tarantino is now two movies away from his retirement goal of ten feature films. What do you think they should be?
Personally I would love to see Tarantino do a 1930s style gangster picture. One of those character driven ones like the original 'Scarface' or 'White Heat', He's said it's something he'd be interested in and I think it's a great idea. I would also love him to make a neo-noir. I know 'Resevoir Dogs' technicall counts but I mean one with a mystery and a detective and all that. Maybe adapt one of the Mike Hammer novels? I can't help but feel that Mike Hammer and Quentin Tarantino would be a match made in heaven.

80s period piece. Or at least a more recent era than his past three films.

A 60's Spy movie

A private detective movie

1930's Gangster movie

I don't believe for a second he's done after 10.

But let's hypothetically say he is.

A weird, sci-fi/horror bent WWII film and then a gangster film a la his first three to close the circle.

I don't know about the 2nd one but I'd like one of them to be a GTA adaption.

Not a movie but he mentioned that he'd love to do an mini-series adaptation of Elmore Leonard's novel Forty Lashes Less One and that would be one of the projects that I'd love to see him tackle.

And it will probably never happen but I'd love to see him do that Killer Crow movie he's talked about.

Even though there's no way to logically make it work anymore, I'd kind of like him to still do The Vega Brothers. Just do it like Wet Hot American Summer. Like "Yeah, these guys are obviously over two decades older than they were in the films this acts as a prequel for, but so what?"

Or do it animated.

Horror period drama. After being disappointed with Crimson Peak I want to see QT tackle this genre with hardly any CGI.

A Spy film and a film about a costumed pulp character

A movie about a white man desperately wanting to be a black man. (or an autobio pic)

He's done a bit of noir and he's definitely done crime-drama, blacksploitation, and grindhouse. I love to see him do a sexploitation movie. Idk. Could be fun. He'll make it fun. Talking sex hear and there. Though I'm sure there'll be foot fetish scene. Hah!

I would love to see Kill the Bride. Nikita "Nikki" Green gets revenge on her mother's death and we have a showdown that Tarantino was talking about. He said once he completed Kill Bill that he felt he could really make a martial arts style movie. So I'd like to see him put his money where his mouth is.

Easy answer, Sci-Fi.
My favourite genre.

I want him to return to crime. I'd like to see another crime drama in the veign of his earlier films (Jackie Brown's my fav of his)

A horror film and a sword and sorcery. We only have 3 good S/S films - Conan 2011, Conan the Barbarian and Solomon Kane. Need more.

I want to see another period piece from him set in the 70's or 80's. Another question would be which actors would you like to see work with Tarantino that haven't worked with him already? I'd love to see him work with Oscar Isaac, Jennifer Lawrence, Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.

I'd like to see a horror film. Wasn't there word about him doing a sci fi alien horror film akin to Body Snatchers? That would be fantastic. Or some sword and sandals epic.

I don't want to tell someone as talented as Tarantino what to do because he clearly knows better than me.

I would like to see him move away from the western genre for just a little bit. It's starting to be a bit of a trend with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"