What else could Sam Raimi direct for Marvel?

Yeah, fancy filmmakers want to actually make a quality film as opposed to a toy commercial. It is logic like that that let the X-franchise go from the hands of Bryan Singer to Brett Ratner. Yet, even Marvel Studios has hired relative auteurs on occasion (to varying success) like Branagh and Whedon. It seems silly to dislike filmmakers with genuine talent for the stories.

Oh yes, because those are the only 2 possible options.:whatever:

You either get a no-talent hack like Ratner or a prima donna who's more interested in making "their version" of the character as opposed to just making "the character". Personally, I'll go with talented craftsmen type filmmakers who understand that they are only temporary custodians of an IP well before an artistic 'auteur'. The first thing these egomaniacs should do is approach these IP's like a doctor treating a patient. Rule #1 should be: DO NO HARM.

I'd like him to direct something I don't care for much, or do not know well.

I know he's controversial and all, but I'm on that side of the fence which thinks he completely didn't get Spiderman and Toby McGuire was the worst casting decision ever, but still thinks he makes decent films.

If he did something like Dr. Strange or a new Blade, I'd probably quite enjoy the movies. If he directed something like Captain America, I'd sit there going "no no no..." all the way through if that makes sense.

He may not have done an ultra quippy Spider-Man, but he totally "got" the character of Peter Parker, a lot better than Webb did in The Amazing Spider-Man.

He can mop the floor for Marvel Studios.

Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"