What else could Sam Raimi direct for Marvel?

No worries. All Raimi is capable of is mediocre films(and worse).

I too could not resist.:oldrazz:

Touché.

But I will take the guy who made the Evil Dead Trilogy and A Simple Plan over the combined efforts of the filmmakers of The Transporter, the Clash of the Titans remake, Jurassic Park III and The Wolfman remake. But I can't wait for Phase 2, the "We mostly quit caring and hired pliable TV directors" phase. Boom.

Okay, now I am just being mean, so I will stop.

Touché.

But I will take the guy who made the Evil Dead Trilogy and A Simple Plan over the combined efforts of the filmmakers of The Transporter, the Clash of the Titans remake, Jurassic Park III and The Wolfman remake. But I can't wait for Phase 2, the "We mostly quit caring and hired pliable TV directors" phase. Boom.

Okay, now I am just being mean, so I will stop.

what are you even doing here

What disliking The Incredible Hulk and Captain America mean I cannot like any Marvel film? If we are just going to start talking filmographies, I want to be fair.

poireact2_zps92be5301.gif

I'm confused as to where the Raimi hate came from. It seems like it's the nerd fanbase's modus operandi to turn on their favorite directors when they make one flick that doesn't turn out as it should have.

No Raimi hate here, I just think that even though he is a cool visual director, he doesn't really have a good grasp on stories and characters and I'd rather see another more talented director take a shot at the Marvel stable. But as they say to each their own.

In all seriousness,I've always felt Sam would be perfect for a Hulk film.

I'd probably give up on Marvel completely if they let that guy finish the job that Ang Lee started...namely, killing my favorite character in film.

He's my favorite character too.Which is why I want Raimi to make the film.:woot:

Putting Ang Lee in the same category as Raimi doesn't compute.:woot:

It does when you factor in that both are auteurs:-)barf:) with their own ideas and that they both irritate the crap out of me.

Yeah, fancy filmmakers want to actually make a quality film as opposed to a toy commercial. It is logic like that that let the X-franchise go from the hands of Bryan Singer to Brett Ratner. Yet, even Marvel Studios has hired relative auteurs on occasion (to varying success) like Branagh and Whedon. It seems silly to dislike filmmakers with genuine talent for the stories.

He could do any of these...
Though I would prefer Guillermo Del Toro for Namor:
Qtr8inr.jpg

I would prefer Robert Rodriguez for Deadpool:
9ajlY2y.jpg

Heroes for Hire would be my best suggestion for Raimi or maybe Pete Travis or Brad Bird
fXMPSnZ.jpg

Actually, a Raimi Deadpool film COULD be epic

I agree, let Raimi go back a bit to his roots. I think he's ready anyway from the touches added in Oz especially the witch's baboons which were pretty darn terrifying.

_ What else could Sam Raimi direct for Marvel?
_ Nothing:o

I wouldn't want to take the risk of him on any property that I can think of right now. His sensibilities certainly don't mesh with the MCU film universe. Characters actually feel like real people there for the most part.

I wouldn't mind seeing his version of either Fantastic Four or Daredevil ... I remember him once saying that he wanted to use Kingpin as a villain in Spider-man 2, but couldn't because the rights were with Daredevil.

Raimi could direct anything that suits his fancy. But I think the classics are more his thing.

Even though I personally wouldn't like it, Dr Strange does seem like the best option. You need something that would have an interesting story with creative freedom, some minor horror elements (possible with the magic), and room for some of Raimi's slapstick humor.

It is almost like Doctor Strange is custom tailored for Raimi.

Stephen Strange is a bit of a smarts and he has quirks (his love of baseball and hockey). Add in the duality of Strange as he walks between two worlds (reality and magic) and the canvas is set for a Raimi painting.

Also, Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme, but he is also kind of the handsome "action hero" as well, a perfect combination for Raimi.

It works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"