What future shows and films should sound like

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
I've been thinking about just how perfect Luke Cage, Ant-Man, Avengers, Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy sound and how I really want future properties to sound great and to all have their own personality.

I'm not going to say anything about Thor, Cloak and Dagger, Inhumans or Defenders since I don't have any idea what Thor: Ragnarok, Inhumans: Season 1, Cloak and Dagger: Season 1 or Defenders Season 1 will sound like. I will comment on Spider-Man since I know that it's already going to sound wrong since even though I love the Danny Elfman soundtracks. Those were still all-wrong, particularly the song, "hero" which was the wrong genre for Spider-Man. At least the trailer music was right and I hope that the actual film sounds like that.

Iron Man 4 - Original soundtrack. Full-on EDM. Stuff like Daft Punk and Deadmau5. If an electronic music artist can compose, even better.

Blade - Licensed music. New Orleans Jazz and Blues. He is a sax player in the Big Easy after all...

Shang-Chi Season 1 - Original soundtrack. Traditional Chinese music with a modern twist.

Ghost Rider Season 1 - Licensed music. I made a thread on Reddit a while back. Pure metal. https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/5hi5de/ideas_for_ghost_rider_spinoff_soundtrack/

Hulk 2 - Licensed music mixed with an original soundtrack. Older country Western Music that's more Western than country mixed with 50s pop. Think the Fallout: New Vegas Soundtrack. A Hulk sequel should be a Vegas mob movie with a lot of Western themes.

Black Widow - Original soundtrack. Traditional Russian music meets a Harry Gregson-Williams or Hans Zimmer score (still love The Rock OST).

Luke Cage Season 2 - Licensed music. What Season 1 did.

War Machine - Original soundtrack. 80s Action film OST. Think what Bloodsport and Top Gun had complete with an original song that sounds like it came from the 80s. Bonus points if Stan Bush performs it.

Spider-Man 2 - Licensed music mixed with an original soundtrack. Teen pop. Full on TRL/Disney Channel music.

Daredevil Season 3 - Original Soundtrack. Needs more harpsichord. Daredevil's faith needs more attention paid to it with more baroque elements. Think noir meets baroque opera.

Jessica Jones Season 2 - Licensed music. Adult contemporary.

Captain America 4 - Original soundtrack. What Cap 2 and 3 did.

Iron Fist Season 2 - Original soundtrack but with Chinese influences. RZA directed an episode of Season 1. Get him involved as both showrunner and composer for Season 2.

Elektra Season 1 - Original soundtrack. Traditional Japanese music meets some of Nine Inch Nails' instrumental compositions (like The Social Network or Ghosts).

Moon Knight Season 1 - Original soundtrack. Something dissonant with as many different influences as possible. Think stuff like Skinny Puppy meets Melt Banana. Bonus points if Marvel can get Mike Patton to compose. I want this thing to be weird and genuinely uncomfortable to listen to since it needs to represent Marc Spector's mind.

Power Pack Season 1 - Licensed music. Kidz bop. Get music by contemporary Disney Channel artists.

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Original soundtrack with licensed music. Do what the first film did.

Captain Marvel - Original soundtrack with licensed music. Think the OSTs for Star Wars and Superman from the 70s and add in a bit of 90s-era alternative rock.

New Warriors Season 1 - Stuff that's outright silly with a laugh track built in. Think the main theme from Seinfeld.

Runaways Season 1 - Original soundtrack with occasional licensed music. Think along the lines of The OC.

She-Hulk Season 1 - The show would be Ally McBeal with superpowers so adult contemporary just to pay homage to Ally MCBeal.

Anybody have other ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"