"What if": Could Alexandra Daddario have worked as WW?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
Most people do love Gal Gadot as Diana. Myself included. She is as close to perfection as possible. It's difficult to think of someone else.

But I want to raise a question, a "what if" scenario. Just for fun.

Would Daddario have suited the character?
Take in account that the 2017 film would be slightly altered but not much. Only minor details. The overall story and tone remain almost the same.
Can you imagine it?

What could AD bring to the table?
Would we believe she IS Wonder Woman to the same extent as with Gadot?
Could she pull off the action scenes?

What about her chemistry with the co-stars? Would Chris Pine still play Steve or would Patty Jenkins have gone with another actor for the role?

Most people do love Gal Gadot as Diana. Myself included. She is as close to perfection as possible. It's difficult to think of someone else.

But I want to raise a question, a "what if" scenario. Just for fun.

Would Daddario have suited the character?
Take in account that the 2017 film would be slightly altered but not much. Only minor details. The overall story and tone remain almost the same.
Can you imagine it?

What could AD bring to the table?
Would we believe she IS Wonder Woman to the same extent as with Gadot?
Could she pull off the action scenes?

What about her chemistry with the co-stars? Would Chris Pine still play Steve or would Patty Jenkins have gone with another actor for the role?

I feel like this would maybe have worked in the late 80's/early 90's as a made for tv movie or show. While beautiful, Dadarrio chased away any plausibility as Diana when she tossed a chainsaw to Leatherface with the line; "Do ya thing, cuz".

Cheers
Ray
=w=

She will be the perfect WW, if they do a reboot Alexandra is the perfect choice

I think Alexandra would have been a good Wonder Woman.
actor-alexandra-daddario-102742_large.jpg

I'm sure she'll end up in DC or Marvel eventually.

I think 6 foot tall actress Terry Farrell of Deep Space Nine and Becker would have made a great 80s to 90s Diana.
Hellraiser-III-terry-farrell-31169424-500-375.gif
c3212e2b48ed927d0aa3961b1a8e6007.jpg

No, she is beautiful but has no charisma. I’d say her and Gal are about equal acting wise, but Gal has the Arnold-esque it factor where she transcends her we... limited acting abilities.

WW2 was the first time I noticed Gal’s acting limitations. She more than makes up for it with her charisma though.

Oh, nice that this thread got some attention :)

I'm sure a good Wonder Woman could be made with Daddario, although it would probably be a different movie because she just gives an entirely different impression than Gal and doesn't seem like a chameleon-like actress. Whether it would have had the level of impact and made Diana iconic is a different question. It seems for the best that it was Gal.

I'm sure a good Wonder Woman could be made with Daddario, although it would probably be a different movie because she just gives an entirely different impression than Gal and doesn't seem like a chameleon-like actress. Whether it would have had the level of impact and made Diana iconic is a different question. It seems for the best that it was Gal.
Very good point!
But there's another thing. If Daddario was cast as Wonder Woman and it was a good film too, and she suited that version of the character.... we wouldn't be thinking that it should have been Gal Gadot because:
she would give an "entirely different impression",
and that she would have a greater "level of impact",
and that her portrayal of the character would be more iconic.

We would have been satisfied with Daddario (if it was a good film and performance, as I said).
Then we wouldn't want to replace her with another actress in a "what if" scenario.

What we can ask ourselves, how much different would the 2017 film be.
(no need to bring her small BvS role into this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"