What If...James Cameron Made Spider-Man In 1992?

Kevin forgot to mention the scene in which Peter f--ks MJ.

If I remember correctly, when they first started talking about making a Spidey movie back in early/mid 80s, there was talk that baseball star george brett was gonna screen test for the role! Yeah the guy who used to do the dandruff shampoo commercials! That woulda sucked!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tom Cruise considered for Spidy back in the 90's?

I would have loved to have seen James Cameron's version of Spider-Man.

Visionary said:
Yeah, like how he made a pretty good Mr. Freeze.:rolleyes:
This was because Schumachers Script was totaly crap,imagin a Dock Ock with the Badness of the T-800 and you will see what Camerons Dock ock would have been like.Cameron is the Godfather of Action and thats something Raimi could never come close to.

Anyone who thinks Cameron's Spider-Man film would've been good has obviously never actually read the script. It would've been a catastrophe.

Catman said:
Kevin forgot to mention the scene in which Peter f--ks MJ.

on top of a bridge, after webbing her wrists to a beam, while wearing his spider-man costume...i could have gotten one out to that

i read the Scriptment' and i liked it. i would have liked to see Camerons version. it would have been intense, funny, exciting not Corny like Rami's and drowned out in a bad soap opera love story no one cares about.

I dont like Rami's choices for the lead roles. Maguire, Dunst there awful. These movies aren't spider man to me.

ZER0C00L said:
These movies aren't spider man to me.

But a script where Peter bangs MJ against a bridge is Spider-Man to you?

ZER0C00L said:
i read the Scriptment' and i liked it. i would have liked to see Camerons version. it would have been intense, funny, exciting not Corny like Rami's and drowned out in a bad soap opera love story no one cares about.

I dont like Rami's choices for the lead roles. Maguire, Dunst there awful. These movies aren't spider man to me.

Don't you get tired of people calling you an idiot all the time? It must get really annoying.

Can someone post the script or a link to the script please?

It is true that James Cameron worked with schwartzaneggar a lot but he also worked with Michael Biehn a lot as well. Which makes me think that cameron may have gone for his original plan but with Michael Biehn as Electro. Biehn has always been very underused but he is a million miles better that arnie. And i`m sure he would have been able to play a brilliant electro or sandman or whoever they picked him to play.

Cameron also worked with Bill Paxton a lot. Who could have been used for a number of spidey roles. At a push he could be sandman or electro.

And Lance Hendrikson who could also have played any number of roles. He`d prob have made a Green Goblin or maybe even doc ock (if ian mckellen can be magneto. Lance could be doc ock). Or maybe he could have been uncle ben?

I hope cameron wouldn`t have used Arnie. I mean it was mainly the studio that made him use arnie as terminator he wanted lance as the terminator. Which in my opinion might not have been as iconic but prob would have been far better acted.

Get Cameron to direct the next Spider-Man trilogy with the mythos that has been set up already. Without Spidey f'ing MJ on the bridge of course.

The first question is: James Cameron still directs movies?:woot:

I think Cameron's style of film and tone would make for an interesting Spider-Man. Certainly worthy of a counterpoint to the broad child-like fun of Raimi's movies.

But his scriptment and ideas shows he gets Parker far less than Raimi ever did and his choice of villains and plot were awful. Now Cameron on X-Men or FF...that'd have been interesting.

Didn't Cameron want Leo Dicaprio to play the role of Spiderman at one point before they went on to do Titanic??

Get Cameron to direct the next Spider-Man trilogy with the mythos that has been set up already. Without Spidey f'ing MJ on the bridge of course.

But I like that scene. :csad:

It could work as a scene if it was Peter and MJ (for example I wouldn't have minded if it was a tame sex scene between Peter and MJ on the web, but I'm sure Sony would never allow it in SM3).

But Spidey basically banging the hot chick in his class because she is a groupie is just bad writing.

It could work as a scene if it was Peter and MJ (for example I wouldn't have minded if it was a tame sex scene between Peter and MJ on the web, but I'm sure Sony would never allow it in SM3).

But Spidey basically banging the hot chick in his class because she is a groupie is just bad writing.

You are 100% right, man. You really are. However...that scene always makes me laugh. Why? Because deep down you know thats what Peter Parker would love to do to MJ. He's a teenage boy and every teenage boy has dirty thoughts.

If Ock was written the way he was in Raimi's movie,then it wouldn't matter what actor was in the role.You'd still feel sorry for him.Even with Arnie.

Anyway Schwarzenegger is way too big to play Ock.Thank god Cameron's movie never happened.

"Get in the chopper, now!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"