• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What is the best movie teaser trailer?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
Some teaser trailers do a better job of building up excitement then others. What do you think the best movie teaser trailer is?

Alien. Still arguably the greatest teaser trailer ever. Not a single glimpse of the alien, but you are utterly immersed in the atmosphere of the film. And it ends with the now-classic tagline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf99ouvFBJw

Imagine seeing this before the film was released.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

The Dark Knight is probably the one I played over and over the most.

Also I know it got slammed here but I loved the Interstellar teaser.

The teaser for Nightmare on Elm street 3 is almost better than the movie and the scariest Freddy has ever been.

The Dark Knight's teaser is kind of perfect. It shows you absolutely nothing while still offering a glimpse to what the stakes of the story will be and how powerful the villain is. You get almost full lines of dialogue between three very important characters, showing the audience without ever being explicit who these people are what they're about. And again, without a single frame of the movie being shown. Just a bat-symbol exploding into a joker card. It's about all you need in a teaser.

The teaser for Nightmare on Elm street 3 is almost better than the movie and the scariest Freddy has ever been.

No looked it up on YouTube but is that the one with the doll's house and the kid singing the "1-2 freddy coming for you" song as the soundtrack?

So creepy.

Best teaser? The answer is Strange Days.

[YT]8RoOs-S_JVI[/YT]

Last edited:
No looked it up on YouTube but is that the one with the doll's house and the kid singing the "1-2 freddy coming for you" song as the soundtrack?

So creepy.

That's it. Creepy as he'll and would of liked to see more promotion along this lines . Sometime less is more.

It's between TDK, The Matrix and Phantom Menace for me.

Tough choice.

T2's was great. I also loved Spider-Man 3 teaser

Cloverfield teaser easily. That's how you get people interested and for me it's the gold standard. I remember the day this came online. Everybody was like "WTF is this?!?". So much entertaining speculation (and a lot of hilarious stupidity) followed as no one knew anything about it. Good times.

"I saw it! It's a lion! It's huge!"

[YT]IqQzvfn_s30[/YT]​

What...it's not a lion?:huh:

Not sure if serious...?

The actual line is "I saw it, it's alive! It's huge!" but someone misheard it as 'lion' and thus rumors that it was a Voltron movie (like I said, hilarious stupidity) were born.

I was half-betting, half-hoping for Cthulhu myself.

Shock: The theories that permeated message boards were all over the map. Did you guys find time to sift through them all?

Reeves: Around the time the trailer came out, we were a week into shooting the movie. And as we were shooting the movie we were starting to see this reaction building and that was exciting for us. We’d be on set creating this thing, finding out the language of it. I’d come home and these people have seen the trailer and are creating their own movie in a way based on their speculations. That was awesome. At the last minute, when we were shooting the trailer, we wanted people to know – ’cause we hadn’t created the monster yet – that it was a giant monster movie, we wanted a tease of that. I jumped to the microphone and said the line, “I saw it! It’s alive! It’s huge!” And one of the most amusing things is I had come home and someone on the web had taken that section and started to do an analysis on it and thought I said, “It was a lion.” The way I speak was too fast sometimes and they couldn’t make it out.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/4027-excl-cloverfield-director-speaks/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"