The Dark Knight What is the Joker's true identity?

it actually looks worse, on the covers anyway...

BMCON_Cv8.jpg

look at batmans right eye (our left) for gods sake...

Hopefully, it's just the covers that suck.

Nah.

One could pick up any Batman comic and he or she could read someplace that Chill is the killer.

However, one will never pick up a Batman comic and read that the Joker and/or Jack Napier is the killer.

That was my point.
it doesn't matter if Napier is in the comics or not. Napier is the killer in Batman, Chill is the killer in Begins. therefore there are numerous origins/killers of the Waynes.

Just for the record:

B89 didn't invent the idea of a young Joker killing Wayne's parents.

It was in an 80's animated version and could have been in a comic too I'm not sure. I am positive is was in an early 80's animated series though.

per the art for that arc...wow.

BMCON_Cv8.jpg

Maybe the Joker can look half decent drawn that way? It looks like 10% cubism and 90% drunk.

it doesn't matter if Napier is in the comics or not. Napier is the killer in Batman, Chill is the killer in Begins. therefore there are numerous origins/killers of the Waynes.

If hollywood made a movie about Pearl Harbor, and instead of the Japanese attacking the harbor, Hollywood decided it would "flow" better if Al-Qaeda were the attackers.

Would you say there are many origins about the attack on Pearl Harbor?

It is my opinion that there is one killer. I'm sorry if you do not agree.

If hollywood made a movie about Pearl Harbor, and instead of the Japanese attacking the harbor, Hollywood decided it would "flow" better if Al-Qaeda were the attackers.

That is such a terrible comparison. A movie about a historical event (one that ACTUALLY HAPPENED) would no longer be about that event if the facts were changed. Maybe it would be inspired by it, but it wouldn't be about the actual event.

That is such a terrible comparison. A movie about a historical event (one that ACTUALLY HAPPENED) would no longer be about that event if the facts were changed. Maybe it would be inspired by it, but it wouldn't be about the actual event.

Thank you for proving my point.

Things that happen in comic books are not true, factual events. Stories and backgrounds are changed and rearranged all the time, especially in the DC universe where they just use the CRISIS story lines to change whatever they want. If a writer wants to, they can change ANY "fact" they want to in a comic book, and they have.

Things that happen in comic books are not true, factual events. Stories and backgrounds are changed and rearranged all the time, especially in the DC universe where they just use the CRISIS story lines to change whatever they want. If a writer wants to, they can change ANY "fact" they want to in a comic book, and they have.

but I say to THEE NAIN... why are you comparing Ben Affleck's Pearl Harbor and what happened there to the origin of the Joker? They were just movies and shouldn't be compared as they are vastly different generas

"Maybe the Joker can look half decent drawn that way? It looks like 10% cubism and 90% drunk"

Thats how I felt sunday morning after 5 too many Guiness!!!:oldrazz:

And he gets told nonchalantly that his wife and baby died in a fire because of a bottlewarmer they were testing out for extra money.

they never mention anything about the bottle warmer being new or it being tried for extra money...they just say it was a freak accident with a bottle warmer and she was electrocuted to death.

In the Shadow of the Bat Series, (I forgot what issue but) it shows Pre-Joker at the night club choking up on his standup skit. As I recall one of the announcers called him by the name of "Johnny Jape."

Hmmmmm...............................:wow:

"Johnny Jape"? good god that is the shiitest name ever .

maybe that was just his stage name...it could also be part of the reason why he failed so horribly, as people were probably too busy laughing at his stupid name to pay attention to his jokes :o

it actually looks worse, on the covers anyway...

BMCON_Cv8.jpg

look at batmans right eye (our left) for gods sake...

seriously . . . how about this dude take a little LESS time w/ his fancy-schmoo signature, and that needless etching-style shading in the background, and lay the real groundWORK . . .

I'm sorry you don't agree Batman is fiction and not actual history.

I'm sorry you don't agree Batman is fiction and not actual history.

Lol great stuff...making the poor guy go nuts.

I wasn't trying to make anyone go nuts.

Some people on these boards refuse to read when others state his or her opinion, objectively.

Especially when one literally types "this is my opinion."

I wasn't trying to make anyone go nuts.

Some people on these boards refuse to read when others state his or her opinion, objectively.

Especially when one literally types "this is my opinion."

We were ruling out your Batman-Pearl Harbor comparision.

But it seems your subjectivity protects you from actually addressing that, so what can we do.

I don't feel like arguing with you, El.

Yes, it was a horrible comparion, in some eyes.

But it was my opinion.

The "thank you for proving my point" was there because no one, save you, noticed that it was opinion. Bad opinion, sure. But, nonetheless, opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"