What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

Robin 126-127 (decided to start looking through the Stephanie Brown era)
Batman 35
Aquaman 30
Super Sons 10
Trinity 15

Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance (reread)

Saga vol 1 - 3

Dragon Ball- Tale 44
One-Punch Man- Punch 54
Naruto- 1
I, Vampire- 17
Day of Judgement- 2
Darth Vader- 21
Nightwing- 3
The Death of the New Gods- 5
Uzumaki- Chapter 15
Green Arrow- 126
The Flash- 22

Burn the Orphanage vol 1 & 2.
Tarantula by Rangel Jr and Ziritt.

So much fun.

X-Men (1991) 7-10

Nightwing- 9
One-Punch Man- Punch 55
I, Vampire- 18 & 19
The Death of the New Gods- 6
Day of Judgement- 3
Nightwing- 4
Darth Vader- 22
Dragon Ball- Tale 45
Uzumaki- Chapter 16-19

Doomsday Clock 1
Batman Annual 2. (An absolute masterpiece)
Super Sons Annual 1
Aquaman Annual 2

I checked this out last week and thought it was pretty cool. Tim Seely returns to horror with Vertigo's Imaginary Fiends. I'm a big fan of Revival so I was excited to check this out. The Stephen Molnar artwork is sufficiently creepy and the character designs are interesting. The solicit teases that "the Boogeyman is more than a figment of a child's imagination" and the story is set in a world where children's' imaginary friends are actually inter-dimensional parasites that feed off of people. Some parasites can become so strong that they can effect the real world. There is a special unit of law enforcement that deals with them and they recruit a young woman who spends her life in a mental institution for stabbing her friend because a parasite named Polly Peachpit told her to. Right away I couldn't help but notice to similarities to the real life Slender Man case that involves similar circumstances which I think is obviously intentional.

422017_20171126165236_large.jpg

Do you recommend this?

I wish I could say I loved it - I wanted to. The synopsis really had me intrigued - a combination of a dark, gritty murder investigation and a horror story. I can't really fault the plot, writing, or artwork in themselves, but by the end I just felt I guess unfulfilled. I remember putting it down after the first time I read it and thinking "Oh, okay." And that was that. It didn't really make any great impression on me, or cause me to ponder on it over the next few days, it was just kinda instantly forgettable. That's why I reread it, hoping this time I'd see something more in it. Sadly no. I give it maybe 6.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"