• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the name of your comic book shop?

Nostalgia Collectibles and various online comic shops..

Craigslist.com and Ebay for back issue hunting (namely for larger collections or runs of specific titles..depends on what's up/out there..)

DO you live in Eugene????

I live in Los Angeles, CA so I've been going to Golden Apple Comics for 17 years on Melrose Ave. and occacionally Meltdown Comics on Sunset Blvd.

Oftentimes I'll hit Borders or Amazon for the hard to find TPB's.

Comics to Astonish. The guys who run it also do their own little comic strip on their site called "Fat Guy, Black Guy, Bald Guy".

It is within the realms of possibility that my abode lies somewhere in or around Lane County... :word:

I go to school there. I often go to the other store that the guy from Nostalgia Collectibles owns: Emerald City Comics or something like that. It's right by campus.

Royal Comics, Crazy Scondo's, Forbidden Planet NYC and Midtown Comics, and occasionally Strand Bookstore (right across form FPNYC) for some cheaper trades (and the omnibus). Barnes & Noble and Borders if one is available. And Amazon because 40% off a $75 book is too hard to pass up.

Dude I loved Midtown comics when I was in NY which to you go to? (I remeber going to 2 of them)

I go to school there. I often go to the other store that the guy from Nostalgia Collectibles owns: Emerald City Comics or something like that. It's right by campus.
...yeah, that place is pretty decent too, but I'm downtown more often than not, so its easier to just go to Nostalgia. (...besides, I always feel kinda cramped in Emerald City...Nostalgia is much roomier and I like pokin' around in there as opposed to being shoulder-to-shoulder at the other place..)

Nearest one is 20ish miles away, called 'Krackers'.

We did have one in town called Salty Dog Comics, but it lasted about a month... there is only so much that myself and the guy i know who loves warhammer can do!

Dude I loved Midtown comics when I was in NY which to you go to? (I remeber going to 2 of them)
Times Square. Lovely place. Haven't even gotten past the Graphic Novels yet.

Anyone remember back in the 90's when comic books shops were springing up out of nowhere? I remember at least three of them that shut down soon after.

Chris's Comics is one and the other is called "Comically Speaking"

...yeah, that place is pretty decent too, but I'm downtown more often than not, so its easier to just go to Nostalgia. (...besides, I always feel kinda cramped in Emerald City...Nostalgia is much roomier and I like pokin' around in there as opposed to being shoulder-to-shoulder at the other place..)

Yeah I've actually never been to the down town one. I'll have to check it out.

Books, Comics and Things. There are two locations around here, and I'm not too impressed with either, mainly because they are always running out of new issues, and don't even order some titles. Although, one of the hottest chicks I've ever seen works at the main location, so that was a plus.

Galaxy, formerly Mutant Mania III. When I was a kid it was Comic World.
I used to visit a Comic World in Brooklyn when I was a kid spending time with my father at his job. I think it was right near and oil company called Bergen Fuel.

Last edited:
Comics Plus.
We used to have an awesome one named Comic Castle, but it shut down a while back.

Weapon X Comics. It's like 3mins away from my work which is fantastic and the guy that works there is awesome.

Used to go to one called Imagniation Station but it was in another country, 20min train trip, but still, I couldn't get in every week. Also whenever I get to go to Glasgow I go to FP, massive rip off with some stuff and it's freakin tiny, but it's FP, you can't not go.

Tor Comics, or Midtown Comics when I get the chance

Travelling Man.

I occasionally use Forbidden Planet as well, which is literally all of 15 feet away from Travelling Man's front door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"