• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What Is the WORST Video Game Movie?

Even though I haven't seen but about half of them, I have to give the "worst of" crown to Uwe Boll's House of the Dead...just because I remember his promise to fight anyone who hated his movies. I'm waiting, turd-bucket. I'm. Waiting.
It's at 3% RT rating. :wow:

:funny:

Another video game adaptation left off, but its not really horrible, is Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

Ah, yeah I forgot that one. It's not good, but I'd say it's better than a lot of these. It's just really bland.

Never realised we actually had so many, and I have far from watched them all, so the worst for me would probably be one of the RE movies. For me though TR2018, Final Fantasy's Spirits Within and Advent Children and the first Mortal Kombat were all movies I enjoyed.

Rampage had its moments also.

The last Resident Evil movie is my choice. The editing in that movie gave me a frikkin headache that lasted a few days. Never experienced it before or since.

I stopped after the FIRST Resident Evil movie, which I thought was god-awful. I couldn’t believe they made ONE sequel, let alone five.

Also, fun fact! George Romero, originally hired to write and direct the first Resident Evil film, was fired and replaced by Paul W. S. Anderson.

Only in the sad world of video game-based cinema could that sentence exist.

Last edited:
I stopped after the FIRST Resident Evil movie, which I thought was god-awful. I could believe they made ONE sequel, let alone five.

Also, fun fact! George Romero, originally hired to write and direct the first Resident Evil film, was fired and replaced by Paul W. S. Anderson.

Only in the sad world of video game-based cinema could that sentence exist.

I was lured into the theater because I heard Milla was totally naked, and I was in my early 20s. So, I went...and that was in the first 10 minutes. Had I known, I would have left.

House of the Dead lost me from the preview where the girl is jumping 8 feet in the air, and firing a shotgun...and she weighs 90 lbs...and it does that annoying bullet-time Matrix rip-off shot where it goes all the way around her. I remember thinking, "The force from the shotgun would just blow her back into the horde of zombies, and she would be eaten..since she was aiming OVER THEIR HEADS and...oh...directed by Uwe Boll...got it."

I saw the second RE after it was on video. When the hands come out of the graveyard...from a virus that has to infect living tissue, I was done. It was clear they didn't even care.

Haha yeah I think I did the same thing... I remember being 50/50 on seeing Resident Evil and then a friend of mine told me Milla got naked so I was like, "Okay, I guess I will see it after all." And yeah, that part was nice, but the rest of it... ugh.

Glad I never saw House of the Dead. But you know, I feel like Uwe Boll should have dethroned Tommy Wiseau by now as the undisputed king of bad cinema. I mean, Wiseau's movie is bad, but he only made one film. Boll on the other hand not only made multiple ones, but he somehow convinced multiple video game developers to entrust him with their properties. Like, how did he pull that off? He may very well be the reason why we may never see a Zelda or Metroid movie (two properties that could potentially be turned into amazing films) because after decades of cinematic dreck based on video games (mostly by him) companies like Nintendo are still scared s***less of letting their properties be adapted. That's quite a legacy.

Boll managed to provide steady paychecks to those who were shunned from the spotlight like Kristanna Loken and... Clint Howard.

And Leelee Sobieski.

Or were they shunned BECAUSE they appeared in Uwe Boll's movies?

In The Name of The King actually has an Extended Directors Cut - 2hrs 35mins

:funny:

Holy cannoli.

I'd like to meet the man (singular, not plural, because there's always ONE person who would watch any god awful movie, but in this case, I'm sure it's ONLY one person, and it has to be a man, because there's NO way a woman would be dumb enough to suffer through that sh**) who has seen this film (aside from Uwe Boll himself; he doesn't count).

The Mario Bros movie still takes some beating in having zero redeeming qualities.

Glad I never saw House of the Dead. But you know, I feel like Uwe Boll should have dethroned Tommy Wiseau by now as the undisputed king of bad cinema.

This. I sometimes wonder who the worst director is, Uwe Boll or Ulli Lommel who went on a weird straight to DVD real life murder movies kick.

The Mario Bros movie still takes some beating in having zero redeeming qualities.
My son asked if they ever made a Mario Bros. movie...I told him no. He saw an old comic ad for it and told me I lied to him. I told him what that movie was about, and how it went, and he said, "Oh, that doesn't sound like Mario". He gets it, now.
Then he asked about a Howard the Duck movie...the cycle never ends.

Holy cannoli.

I'd like to meet the man (singular, not plural, because there's always ONE person who would watch any god awful movie, but in this case, I'm sure it's ONLY one person, and it has to be a man, because there's NO way a woman would be dumb enough to suffer through that sh**) who has seen this film (aside from Uwe Boll himself; he doesn't count).

What's worse, there is one person who thinks that movie is the bee's knees. Director's cuts like this is why there is a determined sect of people who will not relent in seeking out a Snyder Cut of Justice League. I mean, the logic is there, I guess. If Uwe "Stinky-Film" Boll can get a director's cut of his financial bomb, then why can't WB release a director's cut of a film that bombed to a far lesser degree, and actually has more than 2 fans?
Crap...I just fed their fervor, didn't I? Reality is breaking.

#ReleaseTheBollCut

03.-crop.jpg

1.) Doom ( 2005 )
2.) Street Fighters: The Legend Chun-Li ( 2009)
3.) Max Payne (2008 )
4.) Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
5.) Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
6.) Assassin's Creed (2016)
7.) Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

Here is a list of some movies based on video games that finally turned to worse not getting enough love from their audience :

It's not necessary if some video games popular among the gaming community, so you can make movies on that and the same popularity you get. In a video game, a person who is playing is very involved, there are various stages, challenges, animation, and so many things that attract the game love to play it.

The Resident Evil movies aren't that bad, though Welcome to Raccoon City is easily the worst.

Bloodrayne. Assassin's Creed. The Legend of Chun-Li. Those were yawn.

I don't think 1st Lara Croft deserves to be on that list, the second however......

I often forget how many videogame adaptions have been made, this thread made me look into the fighting game adaptions as i mainly play them (I hold Mortal Kombat 95 as the best, SF94 is not far behind)and it brought me to when they made Tekken(2010) and even King of Fighters lol(2010). These films had some talent at the time that weren't utilised at all. John Foo and Lateef Crowder were in Tony Jaa's protecter a few years before . Lateef was the perfect Eddy Gordo due to the same fighting styles, Luke Goss as Brian was top casting. They even had M.K's Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Heihachi Mishima ffs and completely fumbled the film. Looking at King of fighters they had Maggie Q, Sean Faris(Never Back Down)Ray Park(Xmen, S.WE1)and Will Yun Lee. Might watch for the ****s and giggles thats not a bad line up tbh.

I am ashamed to admit Dead or Alive(2006) is in my collection due to my mum working at a library at the time and could rent dvds for me. I mainly watched for obvious reasons :smirk: Some of the fights and level designs were great though. When i look back its a shame these fighting game movies had little to no TLC. They just weren't handled well and some of the obvious whitewashing pissed off the fanbases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"