• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics What is your Favorite Arc or Issue from "The Amazing Spider-Man" . :spidey:

Does anyone remember the issue where Spider-Man and Jameson get handcuffed together with a bomb attached to them?

I think that was one where Spidey was having problems with one of the Smythes and a SpiderSlayer... that was around ASM #190 or so, I believe...

Does anyone remember the issue where Spider-Man and Jameson get handcuffed together with a bomb attached to them?
yep at the end of 191 they get handcuffed together. it concluded in #192 "24 hours till' Doomsday". it's a good read you get to see a more vulnerable side of J.Jonah Jameson in the last few pages. its a good read :spidey:

ASM #192 (24 hours till' Doomsday) is my second favorite Spider-Man comic of all time... just behind ASM #200... :up:

:yay:

Believe it or not mine is the 90's Clone Saga. I had become a die hard comic book fan in '92 to '93 and I remember that build up through the months of seeing this shadowy figure with on his way to New York. It was such a fantastic storyline, despite a lot of cringe worthy moments, but each and every week had me on the edge of my seat.

The next closest to come to that in Spider-Man's world was when I got back into comics in 2002 during JMS' run with the Totem storyline and the Ezekiel character. Lots of great stuff with beautiful Romita Jr. artwork. Unfortunately, JMS' run took a brutal turn for the worse after that Totem story. :csad:

Dan Slott's current run is decent but it's not really having me super excited...however, as of this date I'm about 9 to 10 issues behind in my reading so some great stuff could be happening and I've yet to see it. And, yes, I've avoided spoilers quite well so far.

Believe it or not mine is the 90's Clone Saga. I had become a die hard comic book fan in '92 to '93 and I remember that build up through the months of seeing this shadowy figure with on his way to New York. It was such a fantastic storyline, despite a lot of cringe worthy moments, but each and every week had me on the edge of my seat.

That was actually me at the time as well. It was only when they tried to tell us the Pete we had read for the past 20 years was the clone when things went south with me.

The next closest to come to that in Spider-Man's world was when I got back into comics in 2002 during JMS' run with the Totem storyline and the Ezekiel character. Lots of great stuff with beautiful Romita Jr. artwork. Unfortunately, JMS' run took a brutal turn for the worse after that Totem story. :csad:

Although I wasn't wild about the totem stuff, I did love Romita Jr.'s work, and JMS wrote an intelligent Pete and actually handled the marriage well. But, yes, once JR JR left, Sins Past hit and the whole thing went down the tubes, ending up with OMD.

Dan Slott's current run is decent but it's not really having me super excited...however, as of this date I'm about 9 to 10 issues behind in my reading so some great stuff could be happening and I've yet to see it. And, yes, I've avoided spoilers quite well so far.

I actually like Dan's run better than the two runs you mentioned! I say it comes close to my favorite runs of the 70's & 80'S!

ASM #192 (24 hours till' Doomsday) is my second favorite Spider-Man comic of all time... just behind ASM #200... :up:

#200 is a great issue best heart attack ever couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. :spidey:

Now that you mentioned a landmark issue, I really love all 6 of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"