• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What is your favorite Marvel Era?

Late 70's through the early 90's between 93-95

I got into Marvel in the 90's but by various reprints trades I'd say the 80's are my favorite because of the daring changes (deaths, rebirths, costume changes, big storylines), and lots of major name talent emerged like John Byrne, Frank Miller, George Perez, Todd McFarlane, Chris Claremont, Artur Adams.

I'll say mid-seventies; X-Men Second Genesis was epic for me and great runs of Thor, Spidey, F.F., Avengers, Cap, Iron Man.......damn I could go on and on.

60's-early 80's

Bingo. '62 to about '84. Stan. Jack. Steve. Gene. Johnny. Herb. Roy. Gerry. Len. Marv. Archie. Gil. Sal. Ross. Roger. Early JRJR. I'm basically filling my collection with all Marvel from those years.

The 90s will always be my era. Others are good, few are bad, but the 90s are nostalgic. I loved everything happening in the X-Men and Spider-Man titles during that time. I liked the Proctor era of Avengers. That was when I didn't know or care how things worked behind the scenes. I didn't know any writers or artists. I didn't know when creative teams changed. I was still young and naive enough to thoroughly enjoy the books.

I think I'll always be cynical and jaded toward comics as long as I'm online getting advance and behind the scene information. I fought the negativity on hype for years before succumbing to it. I love it here, but I do think my joining is what ultimately led to my general dislike of the medium.

I've considered trying an experiment many times. I could leave the hype for 1 year and stop going to any informational sites like CBR, Newsarama, and Bleeding Cool. And once again just read comics for what they are, month-by-month, without paying any attention to creative teams or solicitations. No interviews, no advance reviews, no online criticisms, nothing. Just read them like I used to when I was a kid. Let the letter pages and 'next issue' blurb be my informational guide. I have a feeling after 1 year of that my love of comics will be rejuvenated.

But Superherohype.... We've been together for 10 years. I just can't quit you :(

1960s-1970s, with some elements from the 1980s and few from the 1990s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"