• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What is your favorite Star Wars film?

I think Phantom gets so much hate because it was the first of the new trilogy. It was the confirmation that they have the tech to make the Star Wars films but no longer have the magic. BUT, by Clones, I think some had come to realise that the old magic cannot be made by an advanced computer, despite how many other things they can do. We were used to the stench by the time Clones came out, so had a better chance of tolerating it.

Over time, however, Phantom has aged better... and I can look at that film almost fondly now :huh:

No amount of time could make me ever look at AOTC any better. It just stinks.

TPM was great then, and I still love it now. It's hard to hate, because I can't. It's a childhood thing. I saw it when I was 7.

i don't know. i think AOTC had some great moments:

-bail organa!

-the speeder chase through coruscant which gave us a much better look at the city-planet.

-obi-wan slicing off an arm in another cantina...classic obi-wan.

-kamino. i love the idea of an ocean covered planet. i just wish we'd gotten to see more of it.

-boba fett:boba:

-obi-wan vs. jango fett

-the lars homestead!!

-anakin vader-ing out for the first time on the tusken raiders

-anakin and obi-wan in the geonosis arena having to get by without their lightsabers.

-finally seeing mace windu in action and taking out jango fett with ease.

-dozens of jedi fighting together

-hell, the whole battle of geonosis for that matter (laser blasts going off between clone troopers and battle droids in a cloud of dust...awesome)

-anakin and obi-wan vs. dooku (with anakin losing his arm in a poetic nod to his own maiming of luke in ESB)

-yoda vs. dooku (finally busting out that lightsaber)

-the death star plans

-the finale where we see the precursors to the star destroyers being loaded up with troopers and taking off all to the tune of the imperial march and it is made clear that the republic was not taken over by the empire...it willingly became the empire, which is a great cautionary political statement

-oh, and..i don't know...THIS
padme.jpg

so yeah...many good moments. including things that fans had been wanting to see since TPM, not to mention ANH and ESB.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Empire Strikes Back still remains my favorite Star Wars movie, prequel or non-prequel. It's too bad that after the height of ESB, the Star Wars movies get progressively worse, from ROTJ to the last of the prequel, ROTS.

i don't know. i think AOTC had some great moments:

-bail organa!

-the speeder chase through coruscant which gave us a much better look at the city-planet.

-obi-wan slicing off an arm in another cantina...classic obi-wan.

-kamino. i love the idea of an ocean covered planet. i just wish we'd gotten to see more of it.

-boba fett:boba:

-obi-wan vs. jango fett

-the lars homestead!!

-anakin vader-ing out for the first time on the tusken raiders

-anakin and obi-wan in the geonosis arena having to get by without their lightsabers.

-finally seeing mace windu in action and taking out jango fett with ease.

-dozens of jedi fighting together

-hell, the whole battle of geonosis for that matter (laser blasts going off between clone troopers and battle droids in a cloud of dust...awesome)

-anakin and obi-wan vs. dooku (with anakin losing his arm in a poetic nod to his own maiming of luke in ESB)

-yoda vs. dooku (finally busting out that lightsaber)

-the death star plans

-the finale where we see the precursors to the star destroyers being loaded up with troopers and taking off all to the tune of the imperial march and it is made clear that the republic was not taken over by the empire...it willingly became the empire, which is a great cautionary political statement

-oh, and..i don't know...THIS
padme.jpg

so yeah...many good moments. including things that fans had been wanting to see since TPM, not to mention ANH and ESB.

Hmm, you make great points. Especially the last one. :woot:

But i forgot about the Coruscant chase. That is freaking great. And classic Obi-Wan demonstrated in the bar. Ewan NAILES that character.

He really shows all his skills. Mind trick, getting a drink at a bar, and slicing off an arm in the process. all with the mullet in his hair. Badass.

Ranked in order of favorite to least...

1. Empire Strikes Back (10/10
2. A New Hope (10/10)
3. Return of the Jedi (9/10)
4. Revenge of the Sith (7.5/10)
5. The Phantom Menace (6/10
6. Attack of the Clones (2/10)

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Revenge Of The Sith
Return Of The Jedi
Attack Of The Clones