• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What new stories should Disney animation/Pixar adapt?

8wid

Sidekick
Reaction score
Disney has a tradition of making films based on fairy tales, children's books, novels, folkstories, original sequels and prequels etc. What have they not done that should be made into an adaption for a movie that has not been done yet?

I personally want to see the legend Monkey King make his debut in this place as a story. But because The Rescuers and the Rescuers Down Under has been made, The Rescuers in a third film is a sweet idea. There are many stories from the original book story of going to the Orient, Antarctica, Scotland, and Egypt. Sure the original actors may not comeback to voice, the mice, but there are others.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind a prequel to The Lion King explaining how Scar and Mufasa went their separate ways and adaption of Rodger Rabbit 2: The Toon Platoon.

Roger Rabbit 2 definitely. That is long overdue. Nemo 2 would be good. A Bug's Life 2, though the first one was one of the lower performing Pixar films.

Incredibles 2.

I would like to see Pixar do a monster movie sort of like Monster Squad.

Incredibles 2.

I would like to see Pixar do a monster movie sort of like Monster Squad.

With all the vampire and monster movies, I was always surprised that they didn't do an updated Monster Squad live action. I always hoping for that. Even wrote a treatment.

I want a sci-fi story for once. Disney really has neglected futuristic storylines.

Roger Rabbit 2, definitely. Incredibles 2 would be cool as could a Bugs Life 2, perhaps dealing with a winter threat.

I can see Pixar doing something with monsters like the mummy, werewolf, vampire and frankenstein.... perhaps making them into a group of child aged characters and mixing elements of monsters inc and wall-e (child like innocence/character).. Perhaps the mummy would be afraid of humans and he embarks on a journey to find his scare.... I guess that might be kinda similar to monsters inc but I can see something working with these characters as children, I think Pixar could do something good there.

I would have said another Winnie the Pooh film but Lasseter did that but I missed it at the cinema so I'll have to check it on dvd.

I don't really know as far as other material is concerned.. I think if Disney got a hold of the rights to The Animals of Farthing Wood, there could potentially be something there... But there are still other fairy tales out there like Hansel and Grettel or even the Arabian Nights stories. I'm a little surprised they didn't explore that area a bit more after Aladdin. A new Aladdin story, while perhaps not needed, could be cool. Hell it would be pretty good in live action.

I had an idea a while a go for a disney-fied Three Billy Goats Gruff story, basically about 3 goat brothers, 2 of them been the big, cool brothers and the little brother who the herd looks down on. One day the herd has to switch sides of the valley and in doing so the troll would snatch up the 2 brothers (and maybe half the herd) and take them to his cave, leaving only the little brother. The rest of the herd would be too scared to do anything so the little brother would gather his only friends in the valley (a bird, a donkey and a hedgehog who rides on his back) and go out to rescue them. Actually that might be more suited to Dreamworks lol.

But I can see them maybe doing something like they did with Rapunzel with Goldilocks..

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Disney never jumped on any of these:

Traditional Stories:
Jack and the Beanstock
The Three Little Pigs
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Hansel and Gretel
The Ugly Duckling

As far as Pixar goes, I wouldn't mind them doing a CGI-animated version of a Shakespeare story in modern English. Disney adapted Hamlet for The Lion King, so I'd like to see that continued.

I'm surprised that Disney never jumped on any of these:

Traditional Stories:
Jack and the Beanstock
The Three Little Pigs
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Hansel and Gretel
The Ugly Duckling

As far as Pixar goes, I wouldn't mind them doing a CGI-animated version of a Shakespeare story in modern English. Disney adapted Hamlet for The Lion King, so I'd like to see that continued.

I think that's because they were all done as musical cartoons in the 1930s and 40s.

I would love for Disney Animation or Pixar to tackle some of the more obscure Brothers Grimm tales, like The Twin Brothers or The Raven (nothing to do with Poe's poem) and turn those into fun movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"