What should DC's Phase 2 look like in the DCEU?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as the DCEU goes we pretty much had Phase 1 of films that being Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam, Justice League Part II and Green Lantern Corps

Even though most of the Phase 1 films aren't out yet they make up Phase 1 of the DCEU so with that said I wonder what should Phase 2 look like going forward?

I'd rather wait and see how the rest of the lineup goes before thinking about phase 2.

Maybe just reboot the whole thing and let each movie stand on its own instead of trying to ape Marvel and being part of some grand universe. Sure you'll have some misses like Green Lantern, Catwoman, and Superman Returns.
But you'll also have hits like the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Teen Titans
Booster Gold & Blue Beetle Team-Up Film
Batman sequel
Green Arrow solo film
Hawkman solo film
Wonder Woman sequel
Suicide Squad sequel
Superman sequel

If we're going by Marvel terminology wouldn't the big team up movies (the Avengers/Justice League movies) be the markers for the end of the phases?

Like everything up to and including JL 1, like MOS, BVS, SS, and WW be considered phase 1. And everything between JL 1 and JL 2 be considered phase 2?

Well you do have a point but that is only if DC were setting their universe up like Marvel which they aren't

This would be really out of left field, but I'd like to see something done with The Question. Heck, you could even make it a team-up with the Huntress. Could double as a comedy and detective film with the right writer.

[YT]BBAfUVAfVbw[/YT]

Or in Phase 2 you could even have a Nightwing solo film

Yeah, that's another thing that depends, I feel, on how Warner Bros and DC establish who is already a hero in this universe and who isn't. If Jason Todd is already dead, then I'm assuming the DCEU already has a Dick Grayson that's Nightwing at this point. But then we're also getting Cyborg as well. You could do a Nightwing solo film that can serve as a precursor to a Teen Titans film and find a way to weave Cyborg into the mix.

Yeah of course but other DC characters who should get films in future phases well there's Green Arrow, The Question, Hawkman & Hawkgirl and if DC goes to the mystical element of their universe then how about Zatanna

Yeah, I'm not really thinking of these things in phases. I thought BvS was a natural progression of the overall story. I didn't like suicide squad much but enjoyed the look of the characters. I think if I was introducing someone to the DCEU I'd say feel free to skip SS, but that's just one dude's opinion and I'm happy it was a success.
I know they're going to be lighter now. I enjoyed the tone of mos and bvs but I know there's nothing I can do about it. DC has been criticized for copying marvel when they are soooo different. Now, if they change to a log of one liners and campiness it's valid.
I hope nobody from DC utters the words " phase 1 or 2."

When does the first phase end? Justice League? If so, there's already a number of movies in pre-production - Flash, Aquaman, Justice League Dark, Batman... I don't even think there should be any phases.

After Justice League, my preference would be to forgo origin movies for "after the war" type movies for the individual heroes.

When does the first phase end? Justice League? If so, there's already a number of movies in pre-production - Flash, Aquaman, Justice League Dark, Batman... I don't even think there should be any phases.

That's what I was thinking, wouldn't a DC "phase 2" be everything between JL 1 and JL 2. ie Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, Batman, maybe JLD.

And phase 1 is MOS, BVS, SS, and WW.

Depends how they wish to 'frame' the films in condensed blocks like Marvel have or whether there is in fact a phase structure at all to the DCEU, or rather a chapterised approach dependent on the story rather than a structure of character setting as Marvel have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"