• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Amazing Spider-Man What sold you on TASM?

blake c

Pokemon Master
Reaction score
I believe this was brought up on another thread, but what made you want to go see the reboot? What picture, video or announcement did it for you?For me it was this pic, and the trailer with Spidey humiliating the car thief.
amazing-spider-man-poster-battle-damage-404x600.jpg

Good question. I didn't see TASM when it was originally released. I was in a mood to watch superhero movies after watching Man of Steel a few weeks ago. At the same time, I have distanced myself enough from the original trilogy that I felt that I can now give TASM a fair viewing. Well, I enjoyed TASM so much that it is now my favorite Spidey movie at least until TASM2. :)

Emma playing Gwen (I'm a fan of hers),Webb directing (I loved 500 days of Summer) and the youtube clip of Spidey saving the kid in the car. by far my favourite scene from a Spider-Man movie...but what sold me the most: no more Kirsten Dunst!!

It was probable that the take would be more serious and without that disgusting taste of Raimi for unfunny humor.

It's Spider-Man, and I'm a huge fan
End of my reason

Initially, I wasn't exactly interested in seeing the movie, because the first official trailer did not really make me all hyped up for it. Though, as the film's release neared, I decided to give it a shot since there were mostly positive reviews by critics.

After watching the movie, I really felt that the action sequences were pretty creative and showed not just how strong Spider-Man was, but the fact that he was also agile and more acrobatic in combat. One other thing that was pretty intriguing in the film was that Spider-Man was portrayed as more of a goofy superhero who annoyed people. Although, I'm not exactly a huge comic-book fan of Spidey, the portrayal of him in this film really brought back his "personality" from the comic book to the big screen (excluding the new suit though.)

Garfield's Peter Parker and Spider-Man characterization, Lizard, and the pulp sci-fi feel blended with the groundedness of Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. The film won me on each of those counts.

Mainly because its a Spider-Man movie.
Also, Emma stone. She is great.
Andrew Garfield looks like a carbon copy of Peter.

And again, Spider-Man.

Yeah spider-man has the suatmm (shut up and take my money) factor. But what "sold" me figuratively, was believe it or not, mechanical web shooters.

I liked Lizard more human touch to the character and Emma was really good choice for gwen .

At first I was displeased that Spider-Man 4 was scrapped.

When Webb was announced as director that was a nod of approval.

The casting was about the same as when I saw the cast for the first film, "Not familiar with the majority of these people, but looks good to me."

Then this image was put out, and I was excited:
http://www.desktopwallpapers4.me/movies/the-amazing-spider-man-4258/

Then I saw the first trailer, and couldn't friggin' wait!

Spider-Man and the marketing material was pretty good.

Emma playing Gwen (I'm a fan of hers),Webb directing (I loved 500 days of Summer) and the youtube clip of Spidey saving the kid in the car. by far my favourite scene from a Spider-Man movie...but what sold me the most: no more Kirsten Dunst!!

Everything you just said :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"