What Star Trek games have been worth playing?

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
What Star Trek games have been worth playing?

I don't have much of a frame of reference for anything besides the old vector-graphics arcade game of the 1980s.

So what Star Trek games have been exciting to play, either from a standpoint of space ship adventure, or human scale adventure? Action? RPG?

Which games have worked, and why? Which games didn't work, and why?

How would you design an all-new Star Trek game? What era and characters? Or all new characters? What platforms work best? Should there be an online game like Marvel Heroes or DC Heroes?

The Start Trek 25th anniversary game for the NES was fairly good as it covered several episodes.

[YT]AmktEhRJRD4[/YT] Skip to 3:18

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force 1 and 2 were great FPS's in the early 2000's by Raven. I'd recommend those two.

The Start Trek 25th anniversary game for the NES was fairly good as it covered several episodes.

[YT]AmktEhRJRD4[/YT] Skip to 3:18

That game seemed kinda fun for some reason.

So...the only ones I can think of are Mass Effect and Star Trek Online. I played a bit of it on my laptop. But, I have to admit I'm really looking forward to playing STO on PS4 and XB1. I was very tempted to play the movie tie-in, but never did.

For me, the ideal is honestly Mass Effect with the Star Trek universe. The emphasis on exploring, and less shooting, and just politicking across the universe while being the Captain in the seat is kinda what I envision as the perfect Star Trek game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"