• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What to do with your money when you die...

I'd set up an endowment fund and have a list of pre-approved charities (especially cancer and AIDS research funds with less than 10% admin costs) to distribute the yearly interest to... leave some for my family for everyone's education... pay for my own funeral... buy a top-of-the-line burial outfit, casket and grave site.

As I would be dead, I believe I would do very little with any money I have.

Assuming I have a good deal of money to distribute, like Malice's theoretical $20 billion. I'd split it up to a couple of different causes.

1. The Planetary Society. They fund research and lobby for space exploration, in the form of both space probes and manned missions.

2. Make A Wish Foundation. I think everyone knows what they do.

3. A museum, preferably Natural History or Aviation. Build a new wing or something. They could feel free to name it after me.

4. Family. Not so they could just live off of it and not bother working, but it if they fell on hard times or needed some venture capital, it would be there for them.

5. Scholarships for archaeology, anthropology, geology, paleantology, and other related studies.

If I had a few spare million when I die, I'm going to leave it to Warren Buffet's kids...

By the way Leto, you made a pun. You said you'd leave money to a Museum of Aircraft -- so they could build a new "wing."
Get it? Airplanes. New wing?
Nevermind.

I'd arrange for my body to be flung into outer space so I can get hit by some radiation and I'll be a space zombie.

Super Mark said:
By the way Leto, you made a pun. You said you'd leave money to a Museum of Aircraft -- so they could build a new "wing."
Get it? Airplanes. New wing?
Nevermind.

Badum tiss.

I wouldn't give it directly to my kids, only if they needed some of it (obviosuly not all) for an emergency like hospital bills they couldn't afford. I'd make sure they lived nicely though and had an education. The rest I'd give to some random hobo before I die just to see his reaction.

If I had 20 billion dollars i would give most of it too my family... not my dad if he is happening to be living. Umm Ill give some to charity and ill probably give the rest to my city in massillon... they better build me a monument if i do give them money!

20 billion. Wow

3 billion for finding a cure for HIV/AIDS

3 billion to NASA to build a weapon to destroy comets, asteroids, and aliens.

1.5 billion to be divided up evenly between my friends and teachers.

2 billion to be divided up evenly between any family I may have left.

2 billion to the city of Montreal for a new MLB team. The new team would still be called ''Montreal Expos.''

4 billion to help out world hunger.

1.2 billion donated to a deaf charity.

1.2 billion donated to a blind charity.

1 billion to start up a new indie production and distribution company. Would make quality horror, action, and comdey movies. Budgeted between 10-35 million. Would be a DTV and theaterical company.

500 million donated to help take care of homeless animals and abused animals. Each animal will find a good home.

1 million donated to my high school

599 million donated to help save the rainforest.

:)

I want to be buried with my money. I need dough for the afterlife.

spend it all on whatever you desire( charities, yourself, others) and leave nothing to know one when you die

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"