Sequels What Villain Would You Like To See Next? (Far From Home SPOILERS)

Seeing as the director has commented on Kraven being next at bat (and even Coogler admitted to wanting him in BP), any fan casting?

Javier Bardem comes to mind as another possible piece of overly-qualified casting for a B/C-list villain ala Keaton and Gyllenhaal (and it’d be funny to continue the trend of Marvel snapping up DC fans’ favorites for much larger roles in potential future movies (Bardem as Darkseid in New Gods.))

If not that, Joel Edgerton would be a good alternative. I’m also fond of the Pedro Pascal suggestion (I’m thinking he isn’t about to become a reoccurring villain in Wonder Woman.)

I love the idea the scriptwriters are talking about The Spot. Even if he’s just an intro villain, I would love to see him

To be honest, I’ve never seen OITNB but that Uzo casting is brilliant.

Seeing as the director has commented on Kraven being next at bat (and even Coogler admitted to wanting him in BP), any fan casting?

Hugh Jackman or Michael Fassbender would be pretty great, to be honest. And just fun to see either of them tackle another iconic character. Certainly on the same caliber as Keaton & Gyllenhaal.

Another wildcard I’d suggest is Armie Hammer. Maybe go the Ultimate route & hunting Spider-Man in front of reality tv cameras.

Thank you!

This is more like the Spinster Six. :o

Or the Golden Girls.

The best dynamic Spider-Man has is with older villains. It reflects the generational divide

Last edited:
Kraven is a hard one to cast for me

Yeah same. He’s a real noodle scratcher.

I did think Billy Porter would make a fun Spot though

This isn't so much what I'd like to see most but moreso various angles I can see going after Far From Home:
*J. Jonah Jameson I'm sure will make a publicity stunt out of capturing Spider-Man. Allastair Smythe or Scorpion would fit the bill here.

*Man-Wolf aka John Jameson could factor in as a story angle as well. He goes to the moon discovering alien technology comes back changed. J. Jonah Jameson has to ask for Spidey's help and in the end cover up Peter's identity via news story as a a thank you.

*Parker's identity remains public. He rooms with Iceman and Firestar (or Spider-Woman Jessica Drew) for a Spider-Man and Friends scenario. Sort of a homage to the cartoon show featuring various villains that appear. AIM, Buzz Mason, Lightwave, Beetle, ect. worked into an original story for the movie somehow.

*Sinister Syndicate appearance laying the framework for the Sinister Six.

*Mole Man and various creatures at his beck and call infiltrating NYC would be sort of fun. Monster Island could factor in somehow too... I know that's more FF territory but still would be a visual spectacle.

Last edited:
If they are going to continue with villains who haven't been used, then the best options remaining are Kraven and Scorpion. However they already cast Mando as Gargan and he isn't at the level of Keaton or Gyllenhaal. Given the mid credits scene in Far From Home, Scorpion is what makes most sense. But after Mysterio, Scorpion wouldn't exactly be an upgrade in the visuals department. So I see two options making sense.

-Having both Kraven and Scorpion hunting Spidey (separately, not together. They should be competing with each other to see who gets him) Kraven would be played by an actor more of the caliber of Keaton and Gyllenhaal.
-Scorpion would be paired with the Spider-Slayers. Alistar(or Spencer depending on how they go with it) is played by an A lister.

I like the recent rumor I’ve seen that Kraven is being pitched as a surviving member of an exiled Wakandan tribe, thereby removing the Russian origins.

The image is great, but I’d aim for John David Washington (34) from BlacKkKlansman.

Include Shuri in a supporting capacity, and maybe even a role for T’Challa (even if just a cameo).

Scorpion would be great to see on screen too. Maybe Silver Sable, and have this as a bounty hunt-type film? Given FFH’s post-credit ending, more & more villains may be gunning for him.

The Enforcers could be fun secondary antagonists and help keep things classic.

I like the recent rumor I’ve seen that Kraven is being pitched as a surviving member of an exiled Wakandan tribe, thereby removing the Russian origins.

The image is great, but I’d aim for John David Washington (34) from BlacKkKlansman.

Include Shuri in a supporting capacity, and maybe even a role for T’Challa (even if just a cameo).

Scorpion would be great to see on screen too. Maybe Silver Sable, and have this as a bounty hunt-type film? Given FFH’s post-credit ending, more & more villains may be gunning for him.

A film with the Spider Slayers, Scorpion and Silver Sable would be a lot of fun. I worry though that Sable is not an option due to the spin off Sony wants to make.

Just been watching Franky Zapata attempting to cross the English channel on his hoverboard and all I could think was 'wow - Green Goblin is now a reality'.

giphy.gif tumblr_otmr1sX9oa1toamj8o1_400.gif

For me I would love to see Scorpion, been wanting to see him on the big screen for a while.

To be honest, I’ve never seen OITNB but that Uzo casting is brilliant.

Hugh Jackman or Michael Fassbender would be pretty great, to be honest. And just fun to see either of them tackle another iconic character. Certainly on the same caliber as Keaton & Gyllenhaal.

Another wildcard I’d suggest is Armie Hammer. Maybe go the Ultimate route & hunting Spider-Man in front of reality tv cameras.

It’s a shame Marvel wasted Mads Mikkelson as I think he would have been awesome for Kraven.

I'm actually intrigued by this rumor and I'd be down for it , if it turns out to be true. I would accept the change in his origin , though alot of comic fans would balk at it.

John David Washington would be awesome.

Let's look at what Sony is doing right now.

Live Action -

1. Morbius - I have no idea if this film will turn out well. It's based on an obscure property and if the quality isn't there, it's likely to flop. If it doesn't, I can see Vic Slaughter being the antagonist in a sequel and a third film having Martine Bancroft go bad. I have no idea why this is being made and while I won't actively root against it, I don't have any interest in seeing it.

2. Venom 2 - With a change in director and a popular villain alongside higher expectations and a larger budget, this sequel will likely be a massive improvement upon the first film. I can see a third film revolving around Scream, Lash, Scorn, Raze, Phage and Agony.

3. Kraven's Last Hunt - This film will likely be a standalone movie for obvious reasons. Spider-Man will be in the first and third acts but would only get around 10 minutes of total screentime. In the original story, the villain was Vermin but I could easily see him changed out for Lizard since that latter is a far more popular character who can fill the same role in the story.

4. Black Cat - I want to see Black Cat tackle the mob villains and fight Silvermane, Hammerhead and Tombstone. She's a product of the criminal underworld and her rogues gallery should reflect that. I can easily see her team up with Prowler in a sequel.

5. Silver Sable - I'm all for Sable handing more grounded supervillains who are grounded more in technology than superpowers. I'm thinking Chameleon, Joystick, Override and Cardiac. Possibly Rhino if they want to explore a character who's a bit less grounded and more fantastic. I can see Solo as her partner in a sequel.

6. Jackpot - I have no idea why this is a film. Literally nobody cares about this character. IMO, replace her with Silk.

7. Mysterio - I have no idea why this is a thing. Mysterio had no redeeming values in Far From Home. He's a purely villainous character. IMO, replace him with Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider. Save the story of how Mysterio survived to out Peter Parker as Spider-Man for Sinister Six.

8. Nightwatch - Yet another character who nobody cares about. Much like Jackpot, Morbius and Mysterio, this is Sony scraping the bottom of the barrel. Replace him with Ultimate Spider-Man since once Peter has completed both high school and college, people will want a younger Spider-Man again.

9. Sinister Six - Needs to be a one and done film. I can't see this as a franchise or even a trilogy. It's the Sinister Six. The only way I can see this working is if Spider-Queen is the villain who turns Peter Parker into Man-Spider and Peter's enemies have to band together to defeat her.

Animated

Spider-Verse Sequel - It's hard to tell if this is going to be Renew Your Vows, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man Nior or Spider-Man 2099 but all of those should happen. Mostly since we're a long way away from a live-action Miles or married Peter Parker and we'll likely never see a live action Noir or 2099 film. Sony should milk this for all its worth.

Female Spider-Verse Sequel - Female Spider-Man team-up? Another good idea. And then spin-off Ghost Spider, Spider-Woman, Arachne and Silk.

Now as for who Spider-Man should fight in the next two films? In Spider-Man 3, it needs to be Scorpion. They teased Mac Gargan wanting vengeance in the post-credits scene of Homecoming and then showed JJ Jameson after the credits of Far From Home. There's no reason to do those things if they weren't giving us Spider-Man versus a superior evil version of himself. Have Spider-Man save Jameson from Scorpion and then demand that he retract the story outing him as Peter Parker. Introduce Glory Grant and the Robertsons and have Venom move to New York to work for the Bugle. Make it so that Spider-Man has to steal the Symbiote to defeat Scorpion which will set up a Spider-Man/Venom crossover. May Parker's new boyfriend is Otto Octavius who works for Oscorp.

After that, do Spider-Man vs Venom which won't be Spider-Man 4. It'll be the film which introduces Gwen Stacy as Peter's new love interest in college while also showing off a Venom with the spider-logo on his chest who can shoot webs and an enemy who Peter can't fight with his Spider-Sense. May marries Otto.

Spider-Man 4 should show Peter at Empire State University while also working at the Daily Bugle. Peter's enemy this time is his Doc Ock who winds up trying to be history's greatest mass murderer after being diagnosed with a terminal illness. Peter has to save the world from Otto while also saving Otto from the authorities. Spencer Smythe and his Spider Slayers appear and Spencer dies blowing up his lab to stop Otto which his son after the credits blames Spider-Man for. While breaking into Oscorp to investigate Otto, Gwen sees how Norman Osborn created Scorpion to be the Daily Bugle's own superhero and uses the process on herself but without the flaws which were slowly killing Mac (which will be what made Mac go rogue in the first place) and it's teased that she'll become a superhero.

Assuming that this take on Spider-Man lives on, I'd follow Spider-Man 4 up with Spider-Man 5 vs Alistair Smythe working with Norman Osborn to defeat Spider-Man to avenge Spencer Smythe. Alistair is eventually defeated by Spider-Man and Ghost Spider. Smythe lands in prison at the end while Norman begins to turn himself superhuman.

Spider-Man 6 is the finale for Peter's college years and it's where Peter Parker and Eddie Brock expose Oscorp's ties to Dock Ock and Alistair Smythe's criminal activities which causes a now superpowered Norman Osborn to kill Ghost Spider which causes Spider-Man to actually take a life for the first time. The film ends with Peter Parker giving up being a superhero and instead embraces his new job as a high school science teacher.

Spider-Man 7 is where Miles Morales gains Spider powers and asks Peter to train him with Peter still grieving Gwen and not wanting Miles to get himself killed. It's only after the Hobgoblin first frames Ned Leeds for his crimes and then kills him that Peter Parker decides to not only train Miles but also put on the mask again.

Spider-Man 8 is where the only villain who I'd still like to see is Jackal who'd clone Spider-Man and his new Scarlet Spider winds up becoming a hero in his own right.

After that, I'm really not sure where to go since Beetle is a character Sony should just sell to Marvel so they can use him in Thunderbolts while most of Spider-Man's major enemies are characters like Shathra, Morlun and Traveller who are all supernatural villains and I prefer a more sci-fi take on Spider-Man. I mean, I guess they could use Sandman, Hydro-Man or Electro but those guys are jobbers who aren't really serious threats.

Okay, so if we're doomed to lose MCU Spider-Man, I brought this up in another thread. I would have said Kraven if we were doing a MCU Spider-Man film, but assuming no deal is struck, Sony needs to win back fan support. I think the best way to do that is to get a fan favorite on board. I do believe that Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin, is a shared character between Marvel Studios and Sony. Yes, I know Netflix cancelling Daredevil has frozen the character for 2 years. But, that was a Marvel Entertainment production. Not a Sony production. So what if Sony opts to use Wilson Fisk themselves, and they cast someone like Vincent D'Onofrio in the role? With FFH, we have seen an actor play the same character in different versions. So there is precedent for this.

This suggestion is assuming it would be legal for Sony to do it. But if they too have their own rights to the character, I don't see why this couldn't be possible so long as they maybe change up how his suit looks and don't reference anything from Daredevil.

If a deal can't be reached this year, I think Sony should just do a Spider-Man 2099 film as opposed to another reboot involving Spider-Man just waiting things out to see if a deal can be made with Marvel Studio's in the next year or so.

If a deal still can't be reached before 5 years from now, then they can have Tom Holland's version meet the 2099 version in an event film signifying the end of the "Heroic Age" as the 2099 franchise puts it. The film would feature an older Holland post-college working at the Bugle with a less teched out suit (due to having destroyed so many) and a villain from each franchise could be utilized.

Tom Hardy could make a cameo as Venom if Venom 2 is a success and perhaps a 2099 version of Vulture could appear as well sort of like what happened in the comic just with a completely different story. I think a 2099 version of Vulture and present day Venom would work mainly because Vulture #1 people are familiar with from Homecoming and Venom cause he wouldn't need an introduction.

Last edited:
Kraven and Chameleon tag-team.

The 2099 comics character I mentioned in post above thought I'd post some stuff for the fun of it.

The material would require adaptation of course, but I just remember this character appearing in this comic I picked up when I was a kid featuring the first meeting of the 2 Spider-Men:
574106._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The trading card stats pretty much worthless as adaptations go but I think the look seems definitely unique even if the character seems to be weaker than his more modern counterpart this doesn't have to be the case in a 2099 movie if it ever happens:
Vulture-2099.jpg

Fold-Up razor sharp wings and Wolverine like talons that come out of his gauntlets not to mention the red eyes odd looking helmet kind of bring out the bird like quality. The tank top and tight black pants with feathers seems a bit off kilter when coupled with the industrial aspects of the outfit and unnecessary with the rest of the look but does kind of evoke a grimy low level gangster/scavenger sort of vibe to it.
vulture20992.jpg

I think this trading card outfit looks a bit better:
2d9f35ef88242e52f21c3977bbb3e623.jpg

Interesting profile info. concerning this character I found online just now (bolded portions I think are more relevant):
Cannibal. Psychopath. The Vulture is ostensibly a failed corporate experiment. Its unknown what corporation created him, he only refers to breaking away from "The Indys" possibly meaning he's actually from one of the independent cities outside Nueva York. The Vulture escaped his captors/creators and took residence in the lower levels of Nueva York known as Downtown. There he carved a niche for himself leader a group called the Freakers who run a protection racket. He first encountered Spider-Man 2099 when he fell into Downtown following a battle with the Public Eye. Vulture attempted to bring Spider-Man 2099 to his side as his "main man," but he refused the offer making the two enemies. The leader of the Freakers later teamed with the Goblin of 2099 to smear Spider-Man 2099's reputation and reveal him as a corporate tool. The Goblin planned to unite the different Downtown cliques and rise up against Alchemax. Vulture went along with the plan, but secretly intended to rule over all of Downtown himself. Plans changed when the city of Nueva York became flooded and invaded by an Atlantean army. Vulture kidnapped Father Jennifer, left the Goblin to kill Spider-Man, and rigged explosives to destroy the Alchemax building. In the aftermath of the global flood Vulture resumes leadership of the mutant gang called the Wild Boyz as their "Big Boss." The Wild Boyz took to the seas to prey on the survivors of the worldwide flood. Eventually Vulture came into conflict with a former Wild Boyz member, Wulff. Having escaped from the gang previously, Vulture attempted to bring the young Wulff back into the fold, and succeeded. However Vulture's ship was attacked by the Phalanx, he disappeared shortly after.

I would like for Hobgoblin to appear first as well as the kingpin who supplies him with his gear. Then I want to see Green Goblin which leads to a Goblin war movie....

I'd love to see Travis Fimmel or Matthias Schoenaerts as Kraven.

Would love to see Scorpion most of all. Chameleon could be used as a behind the scenes antagonist. Hammerhead just one who I think could be an interesting side character.

Shocker could still return with a full costume upgrade. Time will tell!

Would love to see Scorpion most of all. Chameleon could be used as a behind the scenes antagonist. Hammerhead just one who I think could be an interesting side character.

Shocker could still return with a full costume upgrade. Time will tell!

I think that since we're getting the Sinister Six in Spider-Man 3, the villains will play out this way

Next trilogy - Scorpion, Alistair Smythe, Green Goblin (Mendell Stromm and Spencer Smythe in minor villain roles)

Silver Sable - Chameleon, Viper, Foreigner, Arcade, Override, Mach, Swarm (Mach may be in the new Armor Wars Disney+ series)

Black Cat - Tombstone, Hammerhead, Silvermane, Sin-Eater, Joystick, Man-Mountain Marko

Venom 3 - Spider-Man (I literally expect it to be Spider-Man vs Venom with Shocker or Mach showing up to get the symbiote off Peter)

Kraven's Last Hunt - Lizard

Mysterio - Kingpin

Madame Webb - Judas Traveller, Morlun, Calypso, Shathra, Shriek

Spider-Gwen and Scarlet Spider - Jackal, Regent, Hydro-Man

Miles Morales - Mister Negative, Prowler

And for the record, I really hope that Madame Webb joins the Avengers and Scorpion, Mach, Joystick, Shocker and Venom join the Thunderbolts. Sony should at least let Marvel do that.

What I need is a gang war arc. If SM3 Rumors are something to go off. Well get a lot of super villain action. And Peters been through a lot of fighting supers in other films as well as his own.

Maybe let it sizzle down at least for one film. What I imagine is a film that opens with Peter on Kingpin's tail. However Kingpin is having trouble keeping two smaller gangs in check, Tombstone's and Hammerhead's.

Peter puts Kingpin in jail and Tombstone and Hammerhead go to war. We can have Black Cat finally show up and help too. I need this to be adult Peter though. Yeah, it's the plot to Spider-Man PS4. So what?

What I need is a gang war arc. If SM3 Rumors are something to go off. Well get a lot of super villain action. And Peters been through a lot of fighting supers in other films as well as his own.

Maybe let it sizzle down at least for one film. What I imagine is a film that opens with Peter on Kingpin's tail. However Kingpin is having trouble keeping two smaller gangs in check, Tombstone's and Hammerhead's.

Peter puts Kingpin in jail and Tombstone and Hammerhead go to war. We can have Black Cat finally show up and help too. I need this to be adult Peter though. Yeah, it's the plot to Spider-Man PS4. So what?

I have been wanting a Gang War type story for years. So yea I'd be up for something like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"