What was the name of this TV movie?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
I saw this TV movie years and years ago that starred Robin Williams as a sleazy businessman who was destroying mother earth. Mother Earth was played by someone, can't remember who, and it also had Danny Davito and his wife, and other big names in it. Probably stars like Whoopy Goldberg and Bette Midler, and many others. It was like a all star cast back then.
Anyone know the name of that movie? Its bugging me that I can't remember it.

It was on during the early 90s. I remember the Robin Williams character having a crisis on his conscience. And a diner. Danny Devito saying that she'll (mother earth) be fine and his wife saying its up to all of us to take care of her. something like that.

Are sure it was a movie...sounds more like a "Comic Relief" program on HBO to me.

Thats it! Thanks. WOW, more names than I realized.
Fresh Prince playing himself, the Cosbys, etc.

Thanks for what?

How about this one, a tv series. Sci Fi-ish. Guy rides around on a high tech motorcycle (or was it a high tech car) and wears high tech armor. His vehicle has some sort of shielding on it so that if you threw a rock at is is would just disintegrate into nothing. He worked with a team too. Can't remember what the show was but it was on in the early 90s too.

Or how about this one, I think it was on in the late 80s or very early 90s. About an alien guy warrior who came to earth and is disguised as a human. He had a child like mind and his alien guide was something that he kept in a bag or something, had to hide it. I don't remember but the evil karate teacher from Karate Kid might have been the star... but maybe not.

Thanks for what?
That was a spambot...banned and deleted.

How about this one, a tv series. Sci Fi-ish. Guy rides around on a high tech motorcycle (or was it a high tech car) and wears high tech armor. His vehicle has some sort of shielding on it so that if you threw a rock at is is would just disintegrate into nothing. He worked with a team too. Can't remember what the show was but it was on in the early 90s too.
STREETHAWK http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088618/

Or how about this one, I think it was on in the late 80s or very early 90s. About an alien guy warrior who came to earth and is disguised as a human. He had a child like mind and his alien guide was something that he kept in a bag or something, had to hide it. I don't remember but the evil karate teacher from Karate Kid might have been the star... but maybe not.
HARD TIME ON PLANET EARTH http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096606/

How about this one

It was a short running tv show that was on ABC in Australia on Sunday mornings in the mid 90s
The basic idea that i remember is 2 young English school boys find an alien ship of some kind and store it in their grandads garage. At one point the boy drops a paper clip or something into the ship and when looking for it is scratched and he starts to develop powers and his arm turns scaly and green like he was transforming into an alien.. but it wears off and things go back to normal.

C.Lee is an expert on forgettable tv shows/movies. :oldrazz:

How about this one

It was a short running tv show that was on ABC in Australia on Sunday mornings in the mid 90s
The basic idea that i remember is 2 young English school boys find an alien ship of some kind and store it in their grandads garage. At one point the boy drops a paper clip or something into the ship and when looking for it is scratched and he starts to develop powers and his arm turns scaly and green like he was transforming into an alien.. but it wears off and things go back to normal.

aquila-cbbc-complete-series-1-and-2-dvd-fb09.jpg

Aquila, perhaps?

That was a spambot...banned and deleted.
I didn't expose my computer to anything when I replied to him did I?
Sorry, I don't think that was it. I am pretty sure this was done in the early 90s, around the same time as that Kung Fu tv series. I might have been missleading when I said motorcycle. I think it was a car. There is a scene where they are showing off his invisible energy shield around his car, they toss a balled up piece of paper at it and it vanishes. The episode I remember something about is where he saves a little girl trapped inside a well. His armor looked more like he was trying to be a robo cop type, but black and rubber too.

How about this other one, a team of people hire themselves out to be body guards or protection to other people. One of the guys even gets a full Dark Man type procedure done and wears prosthetic masks and such to look just like them. So that if someone tired to kill them it would actually be him in a mask. Possibly done in the late 80s.

I didn't expose my computer to anything when I replied to him did I?

Sorry, I don't think that was it. I am pretty sure this was done in the early 90s, around the same time as that Kung Fu tv series. I might have been missleading when I said motorcycle. I think it was a car. There is a scene where they are showing off his invisible energy shield around his car, they toss a balled up piece of paper at it and it vanishes. The episode I remember something about is where he saves a little girl trapped inside a well. His armor looked more like he was trying to be a robo cop type, but black and rubber too.

How about this other one, a team of people hire themselves out to be body guards or protection to other people. One of the guys even gets a full Dark Man type procedure done and wears prosthetic masks and such to look just like them. So that if someone tired to kill them it would actually be him in a mask. Possibly done in the late 80s.

your thinking of the 1 season show M.A.N.T.I.S.

[YT]4n2qVBv0yi0[/YT]

fun fact the actor who played MANTIS was the voice of Martian Manhunter on Justice League ;)

Again, sorry but its not the show. I remember MANTIS though.
The show I am referring to starred a white guy I am pretty sure. He had brownish hair and a sort of mullet. It was done in the early early 90s. I almost thought it was Street Hawk but the intro I watched on youtube, I am pretty sure thats not it either. But thanks both of you C. Lee and Dave McFly for your help.
I get the feeling that his "armor" was sort of Mad Max looking black rubber and stuff. He did wear a motorcycle type helmet, but I think it was a high tech car.

Try these two -
VIPER http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108983/
VIPER http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115413/

I get the feeling that his "armor" was sort of Mad Max looking black rubber and stuff. He did wear a motorcycle type helmet, but I think it was a high tech car.

Knight Rider 2010 (made in 1994) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110273/

There were a lot of different special car shows made back then...I think you are now mixing up things from one series with another.

HUMAN TARGET (1992) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103447/

Hehe! Excellent!

Your description just reminded me of it. I was never a fan but it was always on tv way back in the day.

sorry for bringing this old thread back
cuz im looking for this series

Originally Posted by Artistsean

im pretty sure it was a motorcycle that comes out from a trailer truck on the road,.. ready 4 action
n the guy wears a robotic armor with a full face helmet (a bit looked like predator face i think) :whatever:
any1 recalled??
thx anyway

anyone remember a very short-lived series about an alien prisoner that was on a prison ship that crashlanded on Earth and escaped and the female alien who was assigned to recapture the escapee and the police detective who stumbled onto the whole thing?...

The motorcycle show was probably "Superforce".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"