• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What Western property would make a good anime series?

Exo-squad was more or less an update of Robotech anyway. And Robotech was a combo of several different anime series together.

So basically just have the Japanese do Robotech. Same characters, same basic plot. Just with modern animation. Perhaps CG for the E-frames and space battles. Give it some more sexuality, romantic tension, and tragic violence and death :D .

Also, don't freaking end it on a cliffhanger! That was the worst thing about Exo-squad. At least they brought DeLeon back though.

I second starwars. I hated the american animated cartoon. They chose that ugly flat, no 3-D drawing style. I mean it works okay for Samurai Jack, but this is Starwars. Having no depth is what made the prequels suck.

So you are saying that the animated series should've looked MORE like the live action movies?

:confused:

I enjoyed the Clone Wars animation.

I second starwars. I hated the american animated cartoon. They chose that ugly flat, no 3-D drawing style. I mean it works okay for Samurai Jack, but this is Starwars. Having no depth is what made the prequels suck.

Ouch.:csad:

I for one hope that Star Wars would never become an anime. Not because I hate anime but because I feel the move would be STEREOTYPICAL! Everything we make nowadays is ripping the anime style or is inspired by it.

I liked the clone wars series because the art was not overly stylized so it alowed me to be gripped by the story. I thought the art had its own flavor but thats just me.

Also I thought the Prequels had alot of depth but GL did a crappy jop in briniging it to the surface. ( I made a pun)

So you are saying that the animated series should've looked MORE like the live action movies?

:confused:
No. How'd you get that from what I said?
Just wish it was drawn another way was all I was saying.
Ouch.:csad:

I for one hope that Star Wars would never become an anime. Not because I hate anime but because I feel the move would be STEREOTYPICAL! Everything we make nowadays is ripping the anime style or is inspired by it.

I liked the clone wars series because the art was not overly stylized so it alowed me to be gripped by the story. I thought the art had its own flavor but thats just me.

Also I thought the Prequels had alot of depth but GL did a crappy jop in briniging it to the surface. ( I made a pun)
Well I wouldn't really care if it was drawn in an non-anime style as long as it wasn't drawn like that.
I mean come on look at this.
eu2_bg.jpg

Its flat. Too cartoonish, like dexters labratory cartoonish with no real attempts at detail or depth. I like star wars but couldn't watch this series because of its...flatness sadly.
If it was drawn like this--
aor2.jpg

or this
Picture009.jpg

(Its sketchy, but colored and inked in that splash would look great)
I would definately have watched it.

I think a Star Wars anime would be very good.

It would allow the plot holes to be fixed, continuity addressed, and certainly some super-cool fights. I mean, just look at Final Fantasy VII, Full Metal Alchemist, and all that jazz.

It would be the bomb!

As for my own suggestions...

STARCRAFT!!!!!!

Really, thats all I can think of.

It pretty much already has a similar style (compare with FFVII:AC, FF, TMNT, etc).

And it would automatically get ratings, esp. in Korea :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"