• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight What's the Big deal with Schrieber?

L0ngsh0t

Superhero
Reaction score
i am starting this thread because i am zooming around different threads, and i see the same moronic responsies on every post about two face...

it's Schrieber or bust...

Schrieber dammit...

i am not mistaken, this is the guy from scream fame...

lets get david arquette to play the joker aye? aye? he would be a funny clown? aye? aye?

courtney cox as selina kyle? huh? i think so...lets do that

jamie kennedy as riddle, he can X batman and laugh..

b list actors have no place in this movie...

Schrieber obviously is head and shoulders above that group, but that isn't saying much when ben affleck looks like a gaint when standing next to david arquette..

Schrieber is a good actor, but is not the end all chosen one promised child, that DC has been forshadowing for years as the perfect Harvey Dent...no...he is a decent actor, and there are many many more actors that can play Harvey Dent just as good, if not better

I definitly prefer Schreiber for the role of Harvey Dent.
He's a good actor IMO and he looks exactly like Harvey Dent does in The Long Halloween comic (origin of Two-Face). If somebody has a picture comparison please post.

I also love the shot of him in the rain in Sum of All Fears- You just have to add Gordon next to him and place them on a rooftop waiting for Batman and it's perfect.

I could accept someone else as Dent, but not any of those you mentioned. Law is too well known and the other too doesn't look like Harvey IMO.
Josh Lucas has been rumoured lately and I could see him in the role.

ohh i just named three actors at random who are better then Schrieber, the only one of the three i think would make a legitiamte Dent would be Mikey Rourke, who would kick ass

I've never really been all that pro-screiber, but I must object to your discrimination against B-movie actors.

Again: my choices
Joaquin Pheonix
Dougray Scott
Tim Daly

I think you are seriously underestimating Schrieber. Yes he was in Scream, big deal. That's like saying Christian Bale would be a bad Batman because he was in Shaft. He has proven through other roles that he not only has good range acting wise, but that he can cut it with other top-notch actors. Think about it, Batman Begins has some absolutely fabulous actors in it from Christian Bale to Michael Caine to Gary Oldman. If you don't get an actor that can hang with those guys (and others) then his character will simply disappear into the background.

Schrieber proved this by holding his own in the Manchurian Candidate with actors like Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep.

Another plus to Liev Schrieber is not only that he has the look and acting talent for the role, but he is only semi-famous. People are constantly saying how they don't want a huge A-list celebrity for the Joker like Depp, so why would you want one for Dent? He is famous enough where peole will recognize his face and some movies he's been in, but "unknown" enough so that he won't trump the other actors in the film.

kytrigger said:
I think you are seriously underestimating Schrieber. Yes he was in Scream, big deal. That's like saying Christian Bale would be a bad Batman because he was in Shaft. He has proven through other roles that he not only has good range acting wise, but that he can cut it with other top-notch actors. Think about it, Batman Begins has some absolutely fabulous actors in it from Christian Bale to Michael Caine to Gary Oldman. If you don't get an actor that can hang with those guys (and others) then his character will simply disappear into the background.

Schrieber proved this by holding his own in the Manchurian Candidate with actors like Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep.

Another plus to Liev Schrieber is not only that he has the look and acting talent for the role, but he is only semi-famous. People are constantly saying how they don't want a huge A-list celebrity for the Joker like Depp, so why would you want one for Dent? He is famous enough where peole will recognize his face and some movies he's been in, but "unknown" enough so that he won't trump the other actors in the film.

do you honestly believe everything you say?

watch sum of all fears, watch manchurian candidate, and watch the hurricane. Schriebers only 3 movies worth ****...he is the same person in all three movies..

then watch the screams and phantoms, he is the exact same actor..HE HAS NO RANGE...none...

i would personally love Depp as the Riddler, simply because, Depp is a fantastic actor, and can do anything, any role, any where any time, give him the f***ing Penguin and he will be the best penguin you can get

acting is acting, and good actors can do anything, where as actors like Schrieber can't

ed norton, is a actor, watch primal fear and then tell me what acting is, watch american history x, and tell me what acting is...

watch those movies, then watch sum of all fears, manchurian candidate, any of the complete sub par roles Schrieber is in, and then tell me what acting is, it isn't Schrieber..

im not saying get norton, or depp, or A list

but like there is a guy like Clive Owen who is a fantastic actor who looks like two face, and is also the huge man two face is too..

there is mikey Rourke who i think personality wise is Harvey Dent, and he would be a badass for batman to sqaure off against..though, i think he would be a good two face, not a good dent...

josh lucas, has done better acting roles the Schrieber..glory road had more depth and range then anything Shreiber does

he isn't that great..he's a good actor, but he is very far from the top, and dangerously close to the middle

Sometimes its not about range but how you use your style to the character (Pacino and Denzel)

Wow L0ngsh0t, why are you so against Liev Shrieber? Seriously.

L0ngsh0t said:
do you honestly believe everything you say?

watch sum of all fears, watch manchurian candidate, and watch the hurricane. Schriebers only 3 movies worth ****...he is the same person in all three movies..

then watch the screams and phantoms, he is the exact same actor..HE HAS NO RANGE...none...

i would personally love Depp as the Riddler, simply because, Depp is a fantastic actor, and can do anything, any role, any where any time, give him the f***ing Penguin and he will be the best penguin you can get

acting is acting, and good actors can do anything, where as actors like Schrieber can't

ed norton, is a actor, watch primal fear and then tell me what acting is, watch american history x, and tell me what acting is...

watch those movies, then watch sum of all fears, manchurian candidate, any of the complete sub par roles Schrieber is in, and then tell me what acting is, it isn't Schrieber..

im not saying get norton, or depp, or A list

but like there is a guy like Clive Owen who is a fantastic actor who looks like two face, and is also the huge man two face is too..

there is mikey Rourke who i think personality wise is Harvey Dent, and he would be a badass for batman to sqaure off against..though, i think he would be a good two face, not a good dent...

josh lucas, has done better acting roles the Schrieber..glory road had more depth and range then anything Shreiber does

he isn't that great..he's a good actor, but he is very far from the top, and dangerously close to the middle

First off don't talk down to me like I'm an idiot. I am here to talk about a role in a film and you decide to act like an elitist.

Yes, in the 3 movies you mentioned his characters are similar, that doesn't mean he has no range. And the funny part is all of those characters (save maybe for Hurricane) fall eerily close to the character of Harvey Dent in Long Halloween.

I would like to see Johnny Depp in a role in this movie too. I said in my last post that SOME PEOPLE don't want a big name celebrity like Depp or Norton as they feel they would overshadow the other actors, not that you didn't want them. Your original post questioned why some people are wanting Schrieber for the role. All I am doing is telling you what some peole think.

Obviously we have different opinions on some things. I don't think Josh Lucas' role in Glory Road destroys anything Schrieber has ever done like you do. I am fine with that, it is your opinion. All i merely did was tell you why I and some others think Schrieber would be good for the role and you decided to act like an *******.

Wait, since when is Mickey Rourke A-list? I'd never even heard of him before Sin City.

Ronny Shade said:
Wait, since when is Mickey Rourke A-list? I'd never even heard of him before Sin City.

I wouldn't really call him A-list, but he has been around for a while and is somewhat known. He has been in some pretty well known movies like Rainmaker and Thin Red Line. He got pretty popular in the film 9 1/2 Weeks, and it seems that since then (to me atleast) that he always disappears for several years, then makes a comeback, then disappears again.

last three posters

super ludacris-Pacino and Denzel are two of the finest actors in their respected decades, i agree nether shows much range, but you must also notice the stark difference in their performences verse Schrieber

starfighter-i am not anti-schrieber, i am anti everyone who thinks he is the best man for the job, i am trying to show people what acting is when it is done fantastic, i do not think schrieber is a fantastic actor, i think he is an ok actor

kytrigger-i apologize, you answerd my question fairly and i talked down to you, sorry for that (seriously sinciere) you said schrieber can hold is own in the manchurian candidate, but i will ask, who dosen't look good playing opposite denzel washington? martain lawrence would be a suitable actor in a denzel movie

you also said the thing about Bale in Shaft compared with Liev in Scream, first of all there is no comparison for as poor of a movie as Shaft is, Scream 2 is about as bad as it gets really

but in his early resume pre batman begins, bale has done many different roles that have certified him as an actor...cocky bad guy in shaft, completely insane killer, but a suave gentlemen, who is full of himself, in american psycho...a man who starves himself, a loner, and haunted by ghosts in the machines....i don't exactly remember his role in equilibrium but i think it was like super solider who learns the truth and turns on his government

point his, compare Bale's pre Batman resume vs Schrieber, and it really isn't very close

to all who think i am anti schrieber i am not, i simply think there are much better options out there, and am trying to get my point across when most of you are saying things like Liev or bust i am trying to make my voice heard.

but if in the end it is schrieber i will be cool with it, because i respect Nolans desicions

i wouldn't call Rourke A list ether but i do think he would be a bad ass two face

"Al Pacino" and "no range" should never exist in a sentence together.

I condemn this thread :down

i condem you watch the 75 gangster/cop movies he is in and tell me he has range

What the hell kind of Pacino movies do you watch anyway??

Try Serpico. Try Dog Day Afternoon. Scarface. Even S1mone. Try saying those preformances are even remotely the same as Michael Corleone.

Mickey Rourke is way too ugly for Two-Face. I'm not saying we should some clueless male underwear model, but Dnet needs to be a good looking guy so that when he becomes disfigured it makes it all the more tragic. Rourke already looks disfigured. And he's too old.

As for Schrieber, I want him so bad for the part. He looks like Harvey from TLH, for starters. He is also a fantastic actor. Don't let the fact that he was in Scream fool you. Like someone said, Bale was in Shaft. He is classically trained, and has even appeared in several Shakespearean productions, for which he garnered critical acclaim. He will be perfect for Two-Face.

Super_Ludacris said:
Sometimes its not about range but how you use your style to the character (Pacino and Denzel)

Excellent. Same thing applies to Nicholson, Walken and Goldblum. What they lack in range they make up with their style as well as their dedication and charisma.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Mickey Rourke is way too ugly for Two-Face. I'm not saying we should some clueless male underwear model, but Dnet needs to be a good looking guy so that when he becomes disfigured it makes it all the more tragic. Rourke already looks disfigured. And he's too old.

As for Schrieber, I want him so bad for the part. He looks like Harvey from TLH, for starters. He is also a fantastic actor. Don't let the fact that he was in Scream fool you. Like someone said, Bale was in Shaft. He is classically trained, and has even appeared in several Shakespearean productions, for which he garnered critical acclaim. He will be perfect for Two-Face.

Schreiber's not exactly a babe. That's why I was kind of against him a while back.

Ronny Shade said:
What the hell kind of Pacino movies do you watch anyway??

Try Serpico. Try Dog Day Afternoon. Scarface. Even S1mone. Try saying those preformances are even remotely the same as Michael Corleone.

Pacino has range, but not a great amount. I'm not dissing him. Pacino is one of the greatest actors of all time, and he's my second favorite actor after Nicholson.

But actors with range are actors who completely change their look, their voice, and mannerisms for every role. Like Gordon himself, Gary Oldman.

L0ngsh0t said:
last three posters

super ludacris-Pacino and Denzel are two of the finest actors in their respected decades, i agree nether shows much range, but you must also notice the stark difference in their performences verse Schrieber

starfighter-i am not anti-schrieber, i am anti everyone who thinks he is the best man for the job, i am trying to show people what acting is when it is done fantastic, i do not think schrieber is a fantastic actor, i think he is an ok actor

kytrigger-i apologize, you answerd my question fairly and i talked down to you, sorry for that (seriously sinciere) you said schrieber can hold is own in the manchurian candidate, but i will ask, who dosen't look good playing opposite denzel washington? martain lawrence would be a suitable actor in a denzel movie

you also said the thing about Bale in Shaft compared with Liev in Scream, first of all there is no comparison for as poor of a movie as Shaft is, Scream 2 is about as bad as it gets really

but in his early resume pre batman begins, bale has done many different roles that have certified him as an actor...cocky bad guy in shaft, completely insane killer, but a suave gentlemen, who is full of himself, in american psycho...a man who starves himself, a loner, and haunted by ghosts in the machines....i don't exactly remember his role in equilibrium but i think it was like super solider who learns the truth and turns on his government

point his, compare Bale's pre Batman resume vs Schrieber, and it really isn't very close

to all who think i am anti schrieber i am not, i simply think there are much better options out there, and am trying to get my point across when most of you are saying things like Liev or bust i am trying to make my voice heard.

but if in the end it is schrieber i will be cool with it, because i respect Nolans desicions

I understand what you are talking about with Liev acting alongside Denzel and Meryl, and that anyone could be good, but I honestly think it would be harder to do. Both Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep are absolutely fabulous, but they are also natural magnets on screen (moreso Denzel than Streep). It's hard to explain, but Denzel Washington can often give an very dominating presence on screen (not a bad thing). Anyone on a screen with him has to face that dominating presence and still be force too. I am not an actor, but to me, that seems extremely difficult even with someone like Denzel Washington helps bring out the best in you.

I do agree with you that Bale has shown more range in his movies than Schrieber hands down, but I feel that while Schrieber does do roles that are sometimes similar, he does have some subtle differences that show me his potential.

And don't worry about the last posts we had. From reading your previous posts I knew that you are pretty level headed and think your posts out. I know how tough it is with some posters on this board and you can never tell if someone is actually here to discuss, or just here to piss people off. I apologize too for snapping back.

Ronny Shade said:
Schreiber's not exactly a babe. That's why I was kind of against him a while back.

He's engaged to Naomi Watts.

Case closed.

ANTHONYNASTI said:

he is doing roles on Broadway currently.....he also directs. Plus he has solid facial features and build for Dent. He has some wicked looking eyebrows also....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"