• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What's the last concert/music show you've been to?

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
I saw, or tried to see, Rainer Maria play last night here in Omaha. My wife and I went to the show and met a few friends there. After the openning band, some decent local band who's name I can't remember, the next band, Scout Niblett, came out and opened with a really terrible cover of the The Cars' "Just What I Needed" with the singer just playing guitar along with the vocals, which she butchered. That put me in a bad mood and it just got worse from there. I don't know if anyone has listened to them before but they really suck live. It's just some chick, with a pretty decent voice actually, playing the same d-tuned, distortion-drenched power chords over some generic rock beats. The singer effed-up two of the first five songs and had to start over after blaming the stage lights for being too bright. After that we went over to the other side of the hall that had a wall between it and the stage and we just hung out there and drank while we lamented about the lackluster musicianship of that crappy band. We waited it out as long as we could and decided to just leave towards the end of the set without even getting to see the headlining act, Rainer Maria. I've seen RM play before so it wasn't a huge deal, but we were kinda pissed that we actually paid money to see that crappy band play and didn't even get to see the band we went there to see. Oh well, we get to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah next week so that should be cool.

The World/Inferno Friendship Society. Music was awesome, the crowd reminded me why I don't like punks.

'Official'? Hard-Fi a few weeks ago.

Last night I was at this kind of open-stage night that featured a few bands of the a music school in Rotterdam. Various friends of mine were playing, and generally it was pretty good.

Matisyahu a few weeks ago. He sings, raps, beatboxs, great performer. Amazing show, his band is incredible, definitely worth seeing.

LeAnn Rimes in December, got to meet her too

Billy Joel in February.

I'm seeing him again on April 19th.

I will be seeing local punk band Cruiserweight tonight. But the last concert I went to was a tabla and sitar recital.

Nodes of Ranvier
After the Sun
and three other crappy bands that i didn't pay attention to

Duncan Sheik at the Birchmere in Alexandria,Va. on 02/24

Mr. Thing said:
The Raconteurs on Tuesday.

oh you bastard!!! i cant wait to see them cats live...they need to get to their hometown quick! i heard some recordings of that show though, they sound rad.

last show i went to was the Sights.

I saw Tapes 'n Tapes with the Figurines on Saturday night. Good show. Figurines are really great live. They sounded just like they do on their album. Tapes 'n Tapes were good too, but I'm not really all that into their sound.

Halestorm, Evans Blue, Trapt and Shinedown. Third time I've seen Shinedown and they just get better every time. Nex up will be Anthrax and Rob Zombie, followed by Gretchen Wilson and Lynyrd Skynyrd, then The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cheap Trick, Steppenwolf and Tom Petty and finally 38 Special, REO Speedwagon, The Georgia Satellites and Sammy Hagar. All of those in the span of two weeks.

Saw Two Gallants, Tilly and the Wall as well as Architecture in Helsinki some weeks back now. They were friggin' A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"