What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Quiet Place - 6/10
Was surprised at how disappointed I was in this, although it was likely due to the overwhelming praise it received on release. The film is overall entertaining enough and has some cleverly thought out bits, but the characters are surprisingly thinly written and the structure of the film feels very top-heavy and unearned.

qtoz3Zo.jpg

g2B87bN.jpg

MXuaHP3.jpg

su8FVx9.jpg

vox7HB0.jpg

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought this a refreshing sequel in the Jurassic Park franchise. Where the last movie was a nostalgia fueled fun dinosaur movie (and I did gave that one a lot of leeway), this tries to advance the plot and expand on the themes that were already established. This movie is split into two distinct halves. The first half is all about the rescue mission that goes horribly wrong and in many ways it serves as a proper end to Jurassic World and its past. The second half is all about corporate greed gone awry. They were able to tone down both Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard compared to the last movie. What I really appreciate about this movie over the last one is the direction by J. A. Bayona who brought back the horror imagery of the dinosaurs. I thought they were much more horrifying than in Jurassic World. As for the ending, it's going to divide a lot of people (Kinda like with TLJ). It does something where it changes the fabric of the world they've created and it makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Overall, it's a lot better than the last movie and for the most part I'd put this below JP II.
9/10

QLLjKiQ.jpg

Life of the Party

giphy.gif

I'm very sure the title was being ironic. It's like Old School but take away jokes, a script, and the willingness to live. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie was some kind of tax write off.
2/10

A WALK IN THE SUN (1945) starring Dana Andrews, Lloyd Bridges, John Ireland.

giphy.gif

DRACULA (1931)
Quality = 9/10
Joy = 8/10

Such a soothing and relaxing movie. I'm not big into horror films, but I like the rare relaxing ones I sat through.

The choice of Peter McNicol for Renfield in the spoof film; 'Dracula: Dead and Loving it' is very ideal, he could pass as a relative of Renfield actor in this one.
Doctor Van Helsing looks somewhat like Anthony Hopkins, making it feel idea that they got that actor for the Coppola adaption of the story.

The one thing I don't like is how Jonathan Harker saw that Dracula has no reflection followed by seeing a wolf running where there are none, and still refused to believe there is something wrong with Dracula.

The Ritual (2017)
Kevin Hart: What Now? (2016)
The Kid (1921)

Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

Lincoln (2012) Starring Daniel Day-Lewis

DAMN THE DEFIANT (1962) starring Alec Guinness, Dirk Bogarde, Anthony Quayle.

Pacific Rim : Uprising

Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach (1988)

Grave of the Fireflies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"