What's the last TV show you watched on DVD??

TheFalcon

Sidekick
Reaction score
What's the last TV show you watched on DVD?

Why did you decide to buy it?

What did you think of it?

I missed the whole X-Files phenomenon and didn't start to watch it until season 8. I really liked it and got hold of a few of the old Mulder & Scully episodes, but I couldn't find (or afford) season sets and after a while I forgot about it.

After getting hooked on Lost I looked for some other good tv shows on DVD and I heard alot of good things about the earlier seasons of X-Files. I started with the first and now I've bought all the seasons up to 5 + the movie on DVD. I've watched up to the start of season 4 and so far it's been great. I love conspiracies and therefore the mythology episodes interests me the most but a lot of the other ones are great too, although I'm starting to get a little annoyed by some of the standard demon/monster hunt episodes.

Drawn Together Season 1
Nip/Tuck Season 1 & 2

Scrubs Season 1 and 2.
I had been watching some of the newer episodes. I didn't really know what was happening but I didn't hate it. I downloaded some Season 1 and loved it. I got Season 1 and 2 monday and finished them both by Friday. I'm pleasently suprised as to how much I like it.

I'm currently watching Benny Hill: Complete & Unadulterated- The Hills Angels Years ( 78-81) Vol. 4

I bought it because I love his show, it's very funny. Before that I watched the Flash complete series

The Outer Limits (60s), The Outer Limits (90s), and The Twilight Zone (90s).

I rent my TV-show DVDs from Hollywood Video. IMO, anyone who buys them is a fool. Much cheaper, and are you really going to re-watch a TV show?

Batman: The Animated Series, Vol. 4

Looking to pick up The Flash.

Asr said:
The Outer Limits (60s), The Outer Limits (90s), and The Twilight Zone (90s).

I rent my TV-show DVDs from Hollywood Video. IMO, anyone who buys them is a fool. Much cheaper, and are you really going to re-watch a TV show?
Yes. I've got every Buffy and Angel Season DVD set, and I'll occasionally pop one in.

punishermax said:
Titus

I really do miss Titus, a lot.

I'm a big fan of Titus too. They showed the first two seasons a few years ago here in Norway, but it was sent very late and I didn't get to watch that many of them. Therefore I bought the first dvd set when it was released and I was blown away when I saw how consistently great it was. It's one of the few comedy shows which I can rewatch again and again and still laugh out loud at every episode.

I got the third season box a few weeks ago and the episodes just got better and better IMO.

It was a great show and I hate that Fox cancelled it just because they got complaints about some of the storylines.

TV shows on DVD I own,

Babylon 5
Crusade
Black Adder
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Fawlty Towers
Mr. Bean
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Family Guy
Playmakers
The Transformers Generation 1

Asr said:

I buy them because there isn't a video store anywhere near where I live and I do plan to watch them more than once. I won't use any service online (i.e. Netflix) if it involves using a credit card. Some of the title I own, I haven't seen anywhere in a long time. Plus, I no longer get most of the Networks or local channels on my satellite TV anymore.

street fighter TAS[ the american version]

Asr said:
Much cheaper, and are you really going to re-watch a TV show?

I hate renting TV show DVDs b/c you have a limited time to watch them. I like being able to watch and episode or 2 whenever I can, not having to force myself watch 5 episodes in a day so I can return it on time.

3rd Rock From The Sun seasons 1 and 2

one of the best comedy series of all time... :up:

street fighter tas the medium is the message

Battlestar Galactica (new series) - Great, amazing....can't say enough good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"