Legends What's Your Favorite Star Wars EU Book/Comic Book Thread

They're standalone-ish enough, so I'd say yes, give them a go.

Never read any of the post ROTJ books and was considering starting with the X-Wing series. Is that a good series to jump into?

Totally. It's the most consistent long running series of tie-ins I've read, 9 whole books of awesome.

I've decided to start the han solo trilogy as well.

I've been trying to read some of the stuff like the Dark Nest series and I just can't get into it.

Started Heir to the Empire. Im only on chapter 2, but Thrawn is an interesting character already.

Just started I, Jedi and am loving it so far :)

The Thrawn Trilogy then Shadow of the Empire.

The Thrawn Trilogy then Shadow of the Empire.
Thrawn and the stories about him were great, until Zahn retconned his motivations based on later EU material and Mary-Sued the heck out of the character.

Thrawn and the stories about him were great, until Zahn retconned his motivations based on later EU material and Mary-Sued the heck out of the character.

I started Heir to the Empire and so far Thrawn and his right hand guy are the best parts. I'm finding it annoying whenever the original characters re-say lines from the OT. It feels desperate to remind readers who these characters are.

Some of my favs:

Comics:
Star Wars Republic (the Clone War issues are now in three omnibuses)
Quinlan Vos comics (I think most of his adventures are now in an omnibus)
Crimson Empire, Volume 1
Star Wars Legacy (I enjoyed the Cade Skywalker story more than Ania Solo. The Solo series was cut short)
The Knights of the Old Republic
Darth Vader and the Lost Command
Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
Purge (the first issue)

Novels:
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Deathtroopers
Darth Bane trilogy
Dark Rendezvous
Labyrinth of Evil
NJO: Onslaught
NJO: Ruin
NJO: Conquest
NJO: Rebirth
NJO: Star By Star

This day in History, Found this on facebook!

12122894_436061473253274_6096897855319473634_n.jpg

Heir the Empire is definitely in my top 5 favorite Star Wars Books.

My favorite EU comic was Union. I'm a sucker for romance, and I'm a huge Luke/Mara shipper.

^ Great choice Optimus Prime. I'm a huge Mara Jade fan too. I love your signature by the way. :)

Classic Trilogy + Prequel Trilogy + Canon + Legends = STAR WARS!

I love it!

^ Great choice Optimus Prime. I'm a huge Mara Jade fan too. I love your signature by the way. :)

Classic Trilogy + Prequel Trilogy + Canon + Legends = STAR WARS!

I love it!

So, are you what I consider to be, an "everything" Star Wars fan? Loves everything about it? OT, PT, Disney's new canon, the Legends EU?

I mean I don't like everything that has Star Wars written on it. There are somethings in Legends I don't like but there is also things in the Disney Canon I don't like either. I mean I am looking forward to seeing The Force Awakens but at the same time looking forward to seeing more Legends continued as well.

Shadows Of The Empire

Tales Of The Bounty Hunters

The Jedi Academy Trilogy

"Fandom is a passionate lot, that much is well known. But Star Wars fans? We take it to a whole new level." :D

"In 2014, Disney revealed that the much beloved Star Wars Expanded Universe — nearly 40 years of novels, comics and video games that added to the Star Wars mythology — would become "Legends" and the official continuity would start fresh with John Jackson Miller's novel A New Dawn, focusing on Kanan and Hera from Star Wars Rebels. The end of the old EU meant the in-canon erasure of fan favorites like Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jacen and Jaina Solo, and of course, the Sarlacc-surviving Boba Fett.
The intent was to create a streamlined universe where everything is canon — as opposed to the old EU's pick-and-choose continuity where the films took priority over everything else — meaning the movies, television shows, and every novel, comic, and game hold water in the overall Star Wars story.
Understandably, this ruffled some feathers for fans who have invested heavily in the EU over the years, both financially and emotionally. Forming a group called Give Us Legends, fans raised nearly $5,000 with an Indiegogo campaign to purchase this billboard in San Francisco"

"While it's unlikely to garner any action from Disney or Lucasfilm, it's a great showcase for how passionate Star Wars fans can be. The group isn't seeking the end of the new canon, either, rather the continuation of the old Expanded Universe storylines as a separate saga. The EU fanbase is certainly huge, so if you've found yourself missing it, you can join Give Us Legends via its Facebook page or visit its website."

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3874514

I must say, I find this all quite weird.

Surely fans should be pleased about all this...now we have TWO expanded universes; the existing Legends one, and a brand new one which dovetails closer with the films in a way the original EU never did.

The old EU isn't going to be destroyed, Disney aren't going to march into your homes and burn your old books and comics.

Dark Empire remains to this day my favourite continuation of the Star Wars trilogy, and I consider it just as much a part of the story as those three films.

I have just finished "Star Wars: Dark Disciple" which main characters are Quinlan Vos and Ventress... absolutely loved the book. Finished it in the span of three days. It's a very character driven book. It's actually unproduced episodes of the Clone Wars series... and wow, I would have loved to see this animated! I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional in some parts, but it really was. Also, Ventress looks pretty good with hair haha.

I will say I've never read any EU stories about Vos, I have heard they kept his archetype the same but he's a lot weaker in this. Some people didn't like that I guess.

I'm not sure where to go next with the Disney Canon novels. Tarkin doesn't really interest me and I haven't heard the best things about Heir to the Jedi. I can't wait for Thrawn though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"