• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Where do we go from here? [TWS Spoilers]

Y'know I'm still not certain where this is gonna go on tuesday, but I'd like to see a situation where Ward is maybe/maybe not working for Hydra but May was just reporting directly to Fury.

Not all of the plot threads will be wrapped up. It's already been said that if we don't get a second season we'll wish we had (though they'll apparently find some way to continue the story).

I was going to post that as well. Like you said there are to many plot lines still loose to be wrapped up.

The other thing that has me scratching my head is: why would they mention a kickstarter movie for this show if no second season?

To me that tells me that even the show producers don't have confidence in this show. I know they have to think business wise and plan ahead just in case.

IH9VByV.jpg
The banner, showing Coulson and his team in front of a now shattered SHIELD logo (after the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier),
Read more at http://www.**************.com/fansites/devlin712/news/?a=97615#EBjIGQ4qiigQhHPq.99

Last edited:
Interested in seeing Coulson and the team react to Fury going off the grid and Hill working for Tony Stark.

BTW, if they debut characters like Bobby Morse, Jimmy Woo, Abigail Brand, Clay Quartermain, Carol Danvers and Daisy Johnson in season two and SHIELD is still in shambles, all of those Agents I could see starting out in the Military, FBI, CIA, DEA or ATF. Right now it's a bit of a risk debuting them as SHIELD Agents.

Last edited:
Fury knew about the guest house, while other high ranking SHIELD agents didnt. I'm not sure how that would make the guest house Hydra. Fury sent Coulson to Hydra to get resurrected???

Instead, it seems to be the opposite. The Hydra side of SHIELD didnt have access to the info and spent the whole season trying to get it.

That's pretty much my working theory - the Clairvoyant is [blackout]HYDRA (most likely Zola)[/blackout] and has been working to discover what Fury was up to. The Centipede program is just a by-product of what they've been working on

Loving the tone of the show right now

If Hand weren't a comic character, I would be expecting her to be revealed as [BLACKOUT]Madame Hydra/Viper[/BLACKOUT] anytime after the events of TWS

[YT]3fF67J5qgnE[/YT]

Loving the tone of the show right now

If Hand weren't a comic character, I would be expecting her to be revealed as [BLACKOUT]Madame Hydra/Viper[/BLACKOUT] anytime after the events of TWS

[YT]3fF67J5qgnE[/YT]

The MCU mixed Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash. Brandt was still connected to AIM, but she was given Extremis. Savin (Coldblood) was arguably merged with Mallen (the Extremis badguy). Killian went from "Man who offs himself" to "Man who's sorta kinda Mandarin maybe". If the Iron Man franchise can merge characters, why not AoS? :oldrazz:

After watching TWS, it seems to me that

May is reporting to Fury.

That's why the line was encrypted, because Fury doesn't trust anyone.

That's why Fury hid the "Coulson files" and Im guessing the heavily guarded facility ("tahiti") was hidden from HYDRA

Could the Clairvoyant be Zola? They said the Clairvoyant was someone from SHIELD with a high security clearance and had access to every agent's history/tendencies/voting pattern/etc, and Zola was hired by them.

Last edited:
Has it ever been explained how Avery pulled off that hack to put Skye into protective custody?

After recent episodes I'm now wondering if she found someone who could help her and that person discovered Zola's algorithm and later killed Avery to cover up their discovery making it look like it was the people who killed her fellow agents to make it appear like they did it.

That makes me wonder just how long the Clairvoyant has been operating behind the scenes... could he have used the algorithm to get Avery killed and has it been explained what caught Fury's notice before the cap sequel opening scene?

So one thing i'm not clear on with TWS...is SHIELD completely gone? Or just really crippled?

They sure made it seem like SHIELD was completely gone.

-Fury tries to argue for salvaging at least part of SHIELD, and Cap immediately shoots him down with the "everything goes" comment. Then BW, Falcon, and Maria Hill all back Cap's plan.

-At the end, a lot of SHIELD's top leadership is dead and the rest have moved on. Fury fakes his own death and goes to Europe, Sharon joins the CIA, Hill goes to work for Stark, and BW goes underground after having her dirty past exposed to the world.

-The general guy tells BW at then end that she and Cap have "laid waste to our intelligence apparatus."

It sure seems like everything is gone at this point, but we shall see soon enough.

It wouldn't be the first time SHIELD was disbanded and yet some agents went underground to keep unofficially operating in a Marvel universe. But I think SHIELD as a big organization is gone.

They pretty much said in interviews they took it out so they wouldn't have to keep making excuses as to why this massive organization with tons and tons of resources is never really helping with the major problems in the films much. That goes for this show as well. How many times has Coulson's team been lacking for help despite supposedly having a global superpower at their back. Now they don't have to make excuses as to why they're always going it alone.

Any SHIELD Agents that debut on this show for the rest of the season starting with Patton Oswalt's character will be all under suspicion.

Patton Oswalt playing a bad guy sounds like such a cool idea to me.

It wouldn't be the first time SHIELD was disbanded and yet some agents went underground to keep unofficially operating in a Marvel universe. But I think SHIELD as a big organization is gone.

They pretty much said in interviews they took it out so they wouldn't have to keep making excuses as to why this massive organization with tons and tons of resources is never really helping with the major problems in the films much. That goes for this show as well. How many times has Coulson's team been lacking for help despite supposedly having a global superpower at their back. Now they don't have to make excuses as to why they're always going it alone.
It's kinda like how in "Hero's Journey" stories, the parents very often end up dying (if they aren't already dead) -- to the point of it being cliche. For all the superheroes in the MCU, SHIELD has served a very "parental" role. It only makes sense to get rid of the training wheels now that superheroes are coming into their own.

odd isn't it that in the comics marvel's super-heroes had a civil war and in the MCU SHEILD has a civil war ??

has it been explained what caught Fury's notice before the cap sequel opening scene?
Aside from Fury being "off-grid", presumably looking into this, we don't know. I would quite like it cleared up, what he did with that boat wasn't routine

Well apparently [blackout]Fury[/blackout] will be appearing in the season finale. Link to article under the spoiler tag below (I tagged it due to the title of the article indicating who the cameo is):
Whether this is the cameo Chloe was talking about or if there's still someone else in the mix, I'll guess we'll have to see

Makes sense, they're gonna want to wrap up at least Coulson's arc this season

I'm calling it now. In season 2, Coulson and co will become the MCU version of Nick Fury's Secret Warriors.

Cap takes over and becomes director of SHIELD. Commander Rogers? :p

I forsee 1 or two team members being revealed as Hydra, as well as at least 1 of their allies (not counting Sitwell, the bastard!) and basically The Bus Team falling back, fortifying themselves, and straightening up their own mess.

Meanwhile, SHIELD and HYDRA's dirty laundry went public. But, there is still a need for SHIELD, and so I suspect we will see a very clandestine, very shadow version of SHIELD, with the AoS team being at the forefront.

With HYDRA brought into the modern day, the team now has a central adversary to chase. Centipede will be revealed as a HYDRA project, thereby opening a proverbial can of worms for the team to start dealing with.

With both Hill and Fury off the SHIELD beat, that pretty much leaves Coulson holding the SHIELD reins as far as I am concerned, and we're gonna see Coulson step up to the plate in the way that Maria Hill SHOULD HAVE in the absence of Fury.

Why do people gloss over AIM.

Centipede is AIM, a different organisation.

The station that held the legless Kree had a henchman named BOB ffs.

I love speculating on shows like this but the chewbacca defence is popping up a bit too much here. Are we even watching the same show??

AIM - Centipede, Iron Man 3, Killian etc.

The Clarvoyant is using AIM tech for Deathlok. I think that Clarvoyant is Hydra but that doesn't mean that we can forget about AIM.

AIM had the tech to save Coulson, not Hydra/Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"