Where is Clark's newest power/ability for Season 5!?!

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
We are now up to the 16th episode in Season 5, and we have yet to see which of Clark's newest abilities manifest themselves. In previous seasons we saw the development of his powers early on:

Season 1
Super Strength, Super Speed, Invulnerability
Episode 1.1 - Pilot

X-Ray Vision
Episode 1.4 - X-Ray

Season 2
Heat Vision
Episode 2.2 - Heat

Season 3
Super Hearing
Episode 3.10 - Whisper

Season 4
Flight
Episode 4.1 - Crusade
Many will dispute this, however, although Kal-El was the one who flew, Clark gained the ability and control over it. Since then he has done many "jump flights" showing he has gained some mastery over this skill.

Season 5
Hoping for Flash Freezing/Super Breath

What's going on? And what about the skills his father was teaching him in "Arrival" within the energy chamber in the Fortress of Solitude??

If they wanted to do something special, I'd try the "soul vision".

Super-breath isn't a hard power to get. I bet CK already has it but doesn't know it. The power is a result of his super-strength, like his ability to leap.

Super-Breath is the only power left, and there'll be a 6th season, so even if it doesn't come now it'll come later.

It's something that Birthright brought back that was first introduced in Miracle Monday.

http://theages.superman.ws/History/birthright/halo.php

Birthright
halo.jpg

"Living things have a kind of glow around them, like a halo. Living happy things glow in one color; living sad things in another color. Living intelligent things in still another color, living innocent things in yet another. There was no name for any of the hundreds of colors and shades in which living things glowed. They were not colors that could have been seen by the eyes of whoever it was that had made up the names of the colors. The boy did not feel he had to make up names for them; he had no one with whom to talk about them except himself, and he would know what he meant without the names. But dead things, especially dead things that have lately been alive, look awful. They're all gray and empty. Their glow fades slowly—as slowly as a mimosa leaf closes when it reluctantly decides that the sun is going down. Then after the glow is weak and gray for a while it disappears, leaving behind a disgusting lump that is not much besides a disorderly mess of chemicals. There is nothing else like it. No metaphor, no analogy. Just nothing, where there had been something that once glowed."
- excerpt from Miracle Monday 2

phoenixflight said:
We are now up to the 16th episode in Season 5, and we have yet to see which of Clark's newest abilities manifest themselves. In previous seasons we saw the development of his powers early on:

Season 1
Episode 1.1 - Pilot

X-Ray Vision
Episode 1.4 - X-Ray

Season 2
Heat Vision
Episode 2.2 - Heat

Season 3
Super Hearing
Episode 3.10 - Whisper

Season 4
Flight
Episode 4.1 - Crusade
Many will dispute this, however, although Kal-El was the one who flew, Clark gained the ability and control over it. Since then he has done many "jump flights" showing he has gained some mastery over this skill.

Season 5

What's going on? And what about the skills his father was teaching him in "Arrival" within the energy chamber in the Fortress of Solitude??

If we're going to say that Kal-El and the "jump flights" were flight then flight really came in season one when he was floating above the bed in the Pilot.

But really they just need to let him fly no questions asked already.

It would be great if they actually had him starting to fly, but to make it look good on a consistent basis, I think it would cost a great deal. I think it would be cool if every once in a while he started doing thing that were "almost" flights. Not the super jumps, but mini flights. Like having him super speed towards some badguy but before he gets there he leans forward into a dive and lifts his feet of the ground. I think it would've been great if in Cyborg, when they jumped off the building, you actually saw him slow down before he hit the ground, leaving no second impact. Stuff like that would be great, and not near as expensive as all out flying (the decent kind anyways).

PeteVenkman said:
... I think it would've been great if in Cyborg, when they jumped off the building, you actually saw him slow down before he hit the ground, leaving no second impact.
WOW! That would have been a GREAT idea, especially since the writers like to tease the audience with "was it or wasn't it" flight type questions. In such a situation, they wouldn't have to show Clark slowing down. In fact, that would give it away. Just make it obvious that there was only ONE impact, and that it was under Cyborg, not Clark. The audience would then have been left to speculate the inconsistency.

AgentPat said:
Just make it obvious that there was only ONE impact, and that it was under Cyborg, not Clark. The audience would then have been left to speculate the inconsistency.

Like several other people mentioned, Clark's impact "cracks" were noticably less than Victor's. I guess it's most easily explained by a difference of weight (due to Victor's heavy innards), buuut.. it did make me wonder if they were funnin' with us a little bit by leaving open the possibility that Clark exerted a little "control" with his landing.

I think TPTB just like to keep us hopping. :)

I would think we won't see any new powers this season.

Serene said:
Like several other people mentioned, Clark's impact "cracks" were noticeably less than Victor's...
Well, maybe just a leeetle, but it's so insignificant, I have to wonder if it was intentional or not...

cyborg7.jpg

But if they did THIS...

cyborg7b.jpg

I think we would have had more fun speculating. :D

Clark shouldnt even really break the ground as much. He still has the mass(and thus weight) of a normal human his size. Victor on the other hand is probably 3 times heavier.

On the season where Clark's friend Pete finds out about his secret they also said Clark finds out he has a new power, and said it was a power that many people wouldn't have considered a power. Does anyone know what that was?
Was that super hearing? Because I think thats a power.

Artistsean said:
On the season where Clark's friend Pete finds out about his secret they also said Clark finds out he has a new power, and said it was a power that many people wouldn't have considered a power. Does anyone know what that was?
Was that super hearing? Because I think thats a power.

When Pete found out it was after "Heat," the heat vision episode in the second season...

But I'm confused why anyone would think that's not a real power... :confused:

phoenixflight said:

Season 1
Episode 1.1 - Pilot

X-Ray Vision
Episode 1.4 - X-Ray

Season 2
Heat Vision
Episode 2.2 - Heat

Season 3
Super Hearing
Episode 3.10 - Whisper

Season 4
Flight
Episode 4.1 - Crusade

Season 5

I think Super breath Will Appear in Season 6 .

triplet said:
When Pete found out it was after "Heat," the heat vision episode in the second season...

But I'm confused why anyone would think that's not a real power... :confused:

I don't know. I read it on Comicscontinuum.com, I think. Back when the season hadn't started yet.
It said that Clark gets a new power, a power many may not even know was a power. I watched the season and didn't see anything that I wouldn't have considered a power.
I assumed it would be saomething like a sence of impending danger or super smell, or something like that, maybe even telekinetics or something, but I didn't see anything.

Maybe I missed it but did no one here mention telescopic/microscopic vision?

Was that the power that they showed on the other season?
Or has he not shown that yet, cuz I thought I heard him mention it, that he can see over mountaints and stuff like that.

I don't think they've ever mentioned it. There certainly wasn't any formal introduction to it like the other powers. He has used something like telescopic vision on certain x-ray scenes. Or that may just be the camera zooming in for the viewer.

Didn't he use it in the pilot to stare at Lana from his barn?

He was using his actual telescope.

But I do recall that scene being being questioned often: did he really use his telescope or did he use his eyes. I haven't seen the pilot in ages but I recall that after he stood up from the telescope, he looked out the window and the camera's POV switched to Lana in front of her window. I don't think the producers meant for that scene to mean he was using his eyes alone but that's just me.

Does he have telescope vison in the comic's or was that just Lois and Clark?

Telescopic and microscopic are in the comics. And I believe he also was able to see infrared as well. I can't recall clearly.

Joseph_Freefall said:
Maybe I missed it but did no one here mention telescopic/microscopic vision?
It wasn't formally introduced, but he basically did a telescopic vision thing in Bound when he found that girls earring at the bottom of the elevator shaft.

Good to see you again, Joseph. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"